HSC17 Round 3: MR DO!

therealbountybob

On 2/16/2020 at 5:57 PM, therealbountybob said:

TIPS from previous HSC plays

FANDAL>>>

My tactics is:

1) to grab as much extra lives as possible in lower levels

2) to release ball as faster as possible, no waiting for better opportunity

3) to block caves with apples, wait for enemies to mutate and then kill 'em all in one cool shot :)

4) not to fight with enemies in higher levels, much better is to collect all cherries to finish level

My technique is very similar to this, except I'm not using "3) block caves with apples...".

23 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

I've added a bonus challenge "Fastest Time for Stages 1-3" and a bunch of Mr Do! Tips from HSC's past to the first post.

I should have added the tips might be a bit of a spoiler so I'd recommend enjoying the game and work things out yourselves first!

The bonus challenge is meant to be played as part of normal games - not just restarting to beat it. If anyone gets a Diamond then it will end the stage immediately (I think) so anyone can win this one.

;-)

What I did not know till today is that you also can move apples even when there is no path yet in the direction you move. I always thought you had to dig a path first. Not true.

This game is awesome. Hate the fact that I am seriously Ill right now. Have to sleep NOW  but tomorrow I will play Mr. DO! Again!

Edited by Marius
  • Like 2

21 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

I should have added the tips might be a bit of a spoiler so I'd recommend enjoying the game and work things out yourselves first!

The bonus challenge is meant to be played as part of normal games - not just restarting to beat it. If anyone gets a Diamond then it will end the stage immediately (I think) so anyone can win this one.

;-)

Yep, I got 2 diamonds in my first game. Only collected one, but got 8000 points and ended level right away 

• Like 2

23 minutes ago, STARBUG said:

Managed a game this morning, I've been binging on Streets Of Rage 2 recently, I feel like I'm cheating on my Atari!

20200219_121601.jpg

We were only playing Streets Of Rage 2 a few weeks ago, cool game. My brother and I used to have late night 2 player games, when we got in from wherever we'd been, back in the days.

• Like 2

Diamonds

This is such a moment I can throw my Atari out of the window. 

First time I got the diamond I was so obsessed by completing the level I at the last cherry before I realized there was the diamond. Ok... I missed that one. 

Second time I got the diamond I was so obsessed by getting the diamond that I died before I reached it.

Third time I got the diamond I tried to stay alive that I was too late at the diamond and it disappeared just before I reached it. 

Are the diamonds pure luck/random or is there something I could do to change falling apples into diamonds?

So far I did not manage to get a diamond and cash the points.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sikor said:

Hmm, 70300, while I die - game crashed and go to tittle screen, but after restart some bugs occured. Look at right down corner with score ?

mr_Do!.png

And finally for now:

mr_Do!.thumb.png.e3d5a97635bdbb55aa7d4abf3863e44a.png

Yes I mentioned the bug earlier. This can happen when one of the enemies changes into an eater /digger and reaches the bottom of the screen. That one time when I got over 200k points I had a  bug going on too so I did no longer dare to get a bonus life otherwise the game would have crashed. Restarting the game does indeed not solve the issue.

I am not sure whether all the distributions of Mr. Do! Have this bug / these bugs. Need a fix!

7 hours ago, carlsson said:

So regardless of what the James Bond movie says, diamonds are not forever? It kind of reminds me of the Wumpus hunting in M.U.L.E. though IMHO that only generates pocket money in the large scale.

Hahahaha definitely not forever. Excellent! And yes that thing at MULE... is always out of my reach. Wasn't the name WAMPUS though?

• Like 1