IGNORED

As to 5200 controllers: what about this? Will it be produced in larger numbers to be ordered?

Giles N

That's the controller that I and my friend @MakerMatrix built and sold for about 3 months this past winter. While we sold a good number of them and had a great deal of community support, the fact is the design requires a lot of hand-soldering and assembly and it just became too onerous to continue after the big holiday season crush that took care of our backorder list and the next few dozen. If folks missed out, we're very sorry. We may resume production in the future but we are nowhere near ready to announce anything or discuss it at this point.

But thank you for your interest. :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, Swami said:

The ikonsgr 5200 adapter will tide you over nicely if you have a Sega Genesis pad

Scott Baker's Masterplay clone works great with a 3-button Genesis pad too - the second Fire button on the 5200 can be used with wither C button on the Genny pad or a button on the keypad. 

IMG_1298.JPG

We're moving closer and closer to our Super 52 arcade controller for the 5200.  I've got a working prototype of the PCB, joystick, and rotary encoder, prototypes of keypad overlay frames crafted by @MakerMatrix, and the art/membrane package has been sent to China for quoting. Our last big hurdles are: China is currently moving VERY slowly because of the epidemic, and finalizing/procuring the case from Hammond Mfg here in the USA.

Feature set includes:

1. Analog self-centering hall-effect joystick

2. Ambidextrous fire button layout

3. Knob-driven rotary encoder with selection for paddle and spinner modes

4. Overlay frame for using OG overlays

5. Aux In DB9 that turns the whole thing into a Masterplay clone (2 button Sega Genesis + any one button 2600 compatible stick)

6. 14" aluminum case, same design as the +250 controllers we have produced thus far in the "Super" line

IMG_4683.PNG

IMG_E5184.JPG

IMG_E4669.JPG

IMG_E4670.JPG

IMG_E4671.JPG

Edladdin-Super-52-Knob.JPG

IMG_E4672.JPG

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, edladdin said:

We're moving closer and closer to our Super 52 arcade controller for the 5200.  I've got a working prototype of the PCB, joystick, and rotary encoder, prototypes of keypad overlay frames crafted by @MakerMatrix, and the art/membrane package has been sent to China for quoting. Our last big hurdles are: China is currently moving VERY slowly because of the epidemic, and finalizing/procuring the case from Hammond Mfg here in the USA.

Feature set includes:

5. Aux In DB9 that turns the whole thing into a Masterplay clone (2 button Sega Genesis + any one button 2600 compatible stick)

6. 14" aluminum case, same design as the +250 controllers we have produced thus far in the "Super" line

IMG_4683.PNG

IMG_E5184.JPG

IMG_E4669.JPG

IMG_E4670.JPG

IMG_E4671.JPG

IMG_E4672.JPG

Where is start, pause and reset.

2 hours ago, DrVenkman said:

It’s a keypad to the left of the rotary controller.

Hey Ed - sign me up. I may have to sell a kidney or something but it looks glorious. :)

Sign me up too!  Damn, that looks mighty fine.  I should stop buying new controllers, but people keep coming up with awesome ones!

• Like 1

8 hours ago, edladdin said:

Feature set includes:

IMG_4683.PNG

IMG_E5184.JPG

IMG_E4669.JPG

IMG_E4670.JPG

IMG_E4671.JPG

IMG_E4672.JPG

Awesome!!

What all atari-fans need!

Make sure to announce when you take pre-orders as soon as possible, or when the product is released!

Can’t wait

????

Edited by Giles N
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/18/2020 at 4:41 PM, edladdin said:

Feature set includes:

IMG_4683.PNG

IMG_E5184.JPG

IMG_E4669.JPG

IMG_E4670.JPG

IMG_E4671.JPG

IMG_E4672.JPG

We could need a Poll for how many would buy such a controller for the price set by the makers.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 2/18/2020 at 11:22 AM, leech said:

Sign me up too!  Damn, that looks mighty fine.  I should stop buying new controllers, but people keep coming up with awesome ones!

Myself also, put me on that list also, I'm FULLY GAME ON for an Edladdin 5200 controller too!!!

• Like 1

On 2/18/2020 at 7:41 AM, edladdin said:

Feature set includes:

IMG_4683.PNG

IMG_E5184.JPG

IMG_E4669.JPG

IMG_E4670.JPG

IMG_E4671.JPG

IMG_E4672.JPG

Sign me up for one!!!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am intending on reviewing this on my Ytube channel, Wired-Up Retro,  as soon as I can get this into my hands- and intend to be the 1st to thoroughly review it on the platform.  Make sure you subscribe to my channel so you'll get the notification once it's up.

• Like 3