IGNORED

Info on Pre-Dell Alienware computers?

eightbit

Recently I found an Alienware computer on offer up circa the year 2000. A really nice machine with an AMD Athlon 1200 CPU, 256MB of RAM, and some nice addons such as a SBLive! and Live Drive IR. I have been cleaning/repairing/modifying the computer some and have now outfitted it with a Voodoo 5 5500 and some other modern conveniences. It is a stellar machine with a really unique case with a "slow opening" slide panel in front.

The only way one can even come to the conclusion that it is an "Alienware" model is the alien case badge and the model on a sticker on the back which is "AW-8844". But, I can find no reference to this model online...or any pre-dell Alienware models.

Does anyone know where such information can be found? Even the wiki for Alienware only covers systems after Dell's acquisition of the company. 

aw2.jpg

aw1.jpg

So that's what your beast looks like!  Pretty sleek machine.

Have you been able to identify the motherboard?  That might be a good starting point for some research.  You might even find a BIOS update if you're lucky. :)

Edited by CaptainBreakout
Edit... Have you tried the Way Back Machine for alienware's site?

6 hours ago, CaptainBreakout said:

So that's what your beast looks like!  Pretty sleek machine.

Have you been able to identify the motherboard?  That might be a good starting point for some research.  You might even find a BIOS update if you're lucky. :)

The motherboard is an FIC AD11. It had BIOS rev ADA41....and I actually found BIOS Rev ADA46 (the last BIOS available) and updated it ;)