IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

Evercade Intellivision Collection 1 Trailer - YouTube

Besides the Intellivision collection, a Bitmap Brothers Collection was just announced.

Evercade Bitmap Brothers Collection 1 Trailer - YouTube

This has my attention - it has the Chaos Engine, a Gauntlet type game better known here in the USA as "Soldiers of Fortune".

What do you think?

Edited by 7800Knight
  • Like 1

It is a good collection. I own the SMS and the Gameboy version of Xenon 2: Megablast. I never played the Genesis version, but I'm assuming  the version is fun like the other 2 I have.

I'm surprised that Evercade now has the Sega Master System Emulator. The people of Blaze confirmed Speedball is the Sega Master system version. They also did say more Master system games are coming.

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Aw man, that’s awesome!!

EDIT: well, it’s 3/5 Speedball, but I do like Speedball a lot...

I have never played Speedball,but I loved Cyberball for the Sega Genesis.

If it's anything nearly as addicting as Cyberball,I am going to love Speedball too. I am glad so many games I never played before are on the Evercade. Perfect for me!?

• Like 1

I am pleased to hear that the Chaos Engine is coming out too on the Bitmap Brothers Collection.  Us Americans know that game under the title Soldiers of Fortune.  I did like that game as it is a lot like Gauntlet; you kill swarms of enemies, fight through traps and grab loot!

• Like 2

I'm sure I will like all the Speedball games as I enjoyed Speedball 2 Brutal Deluxe (I think that was what it was called) and with one of them being a SMS game is good news for more SMS releases in the future!  

Xenon brings a shooter that looks like a lot of fun and the Chaos Engine is another cool title!  Overall, three types of games and they are all top tier for me!  It'll be a lot of fun to try out!

a bit of a bummer is the May releases getting delayed until July due to component shortages.  The good news is the impact won't affect the fall releases.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I just saw the delay and I find it quite frustrating to be honest. Of course it's not that serious and I know it's not entirely their fault, but I personally don't like that they constantly open pre-orders for new carts before the previous ones are available. I hate having too many pending orders at the same time in my inbox and I currently have 9 of them (only two are for Evercade carts though). :( One of them is supposed to be delivered tomorrow but the next one may not happen before (the end of) June. ?

And I'll probably end up pre-order the next two carts as well; I have almost never played the Intellivision so I'd be interested in discovering these games. I'm a lot more familiar with Bitmap Brothers games, but being able to play them on the go and with savestates will be very cool. It's sad they couldn't get Gods, especially since I doubt there will be a second compilation. Cadaver was never released on a console and Z is an RTS anyway, but they could have added Magic Pockets since it was ported to Genesis (and Dreamcast) a few years ago. It's not their best game, but it would have been better to get (almost) everything...

• Like 3

5 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

I just saw the delay and I find it quite frustrating to be honest. Of course it's not that serious and I know it's not entirely their fault, but I personally don't like that they constantly open pre-orders for new carts before the previous ones are available. I hate having too many pending orders at the same time in my inbox and I currently have 9 of them (only two are for Evercade carts though). :( One of them is supposed to be delivered tomorrow but the next one may not happen before (the end of) June. ?

And I'll probably end up pre-order the next two carts as well; I have almost never played the Intellivision so I'd be interested in discovering these games. I'm a lot more familiar with Bitmap Brothers games, but being able to play them on the go and with savestates will be very cool. It's sad they couldn't get Gods, especially since I doubt there will be a second compilation. Cadaver was never released on a console and Z is an RTS anyway, but they could have added Magic Pockets since it was ported to Genesis (and Dreamcast) a few years ago. It's not their best game, but it would have been better to get (almost) everything...

I'm wondering what the VS will have in store for the unlockable games in the future?  Could Gods be an unlockable game using the 2 cart method?  But it could also be Magic Pockets at the same time.  Who really knows... lol.  It will be fun to learn what cart combos unlock what.  It's going to be fun!

On another thought... could there be a second collection with Gods, Cadaver and Magic Pockets?  Might be a bit thin in content but I'm thinking Gods would be the main draw... who knows.

• Like 2

I guess we'll see... The unlockable games are sure intriguing but I hope I won't miss too much since I'm still on the fence about the VS; I always preferred handheld systems, it's one of the main reasons I bought an Evercade to begin with. It would be weird to lock 'big' games anyway, but it could be a nice way to have some extra (modest) homebrew games or maybe alternative ports: for instance the Genesis version of The Chaos Engine instead of the SNES game, the NES port of an arcade game - that kind of thing...

If they manage to sort out Gods' license, they'll probably want to make a second cart indeed, but then again, Cadaver was never released on a console and they've never put computer games until now afaik. A Genesis port should not be that hard since it has the same CPU as Atari ST and Amiga, but as Cyrano Jones probably knows better than anyone, it's not that easy either and wouldn't make sense economically speaking for Blaze.

• Like 1

On 5/5/2021 at 8:45 AM, 7800Knight said:

What do you think?

I think the chaos engine's single player is approximately 10% of the total fun the game provides, and releasing an evercade vs system isn't really going to solve that problem for me. lol

Edited by Reaperman
  • Sad 1

21 hours ago, King_Salamon said:

I'm wondering what the VS will have in store for the unlockable games in the future?  Could Gods be an unlockable game using the 2 cart method?  But it could also be Magic Pockets at the same time.  Who really knows... lol.  It will be fun to learn what cart combos unlock what.  It's going to be fun!

On another thought... could there be a second collection with Gods, Cadaver and Magic Pockets?  Might be a bit thin in content but I'm thinking Gods would be the main draw... who knows.

At this time, Gods is no go based on what I read on the Evercade twitter account.  Gods was unavailable to license due to other agreements according Blaze Entertainment.

• Like 1

Just love the Intellivision game list, it's an easy grab for me for Shark! Shark!, Night Stalker, Astrosmash, and Frog Bog.  The others are just bonus fun. :)

I got into those InTV games way back with Game Room for the Xbox 360.  It was a super neat idea where you would buy a game for like $2 and then would add it to your virtual arcade (that you could design) that your avatar would roam around.  So I had "Arcade cabinets" of a bunch of my 2600 favorites, plus those InTV games I mentioned, and some other great stuff.  The Game Room program actually got me back into retrogaming, made me remember my love for all the oldies & goodies. :)

https://evercade.co.uk/cartridges/intellivision-collection-1/

• Like 3

15 hours ago, 8th lutz said:

At this time, Gods is no go based on what I read on the Evercade twitter account.  Gods was unavailable to license due to other agreements according Blaze Entertainment.

Ahh I see... oh well.. Blaze has been super busy getting licenses so Gods will have to be a no-go.  Not a biggie for me... perhaps Cadaver or Magic Pockets could be an unlockable.  If they have any representation in these unlockables that is.  Who knows but it is fun to speculate.  :)

• Like 1

21 hours ago, 8th lutz said:

Blaze made it known today that they are going to announce arcade games next week.

They did have a 19 second video. That video did have sounds that seem to be either a beat'em up or head to head to head fighting game.

I know this may seem extremely weird given the forum, but: oh gosh, I hope it's not more Atari

Edited by Reaperman
  • Haha 2

One of the Blaze folks expressed interest on the Facebook group in releasing a Fairchild Channel F compilation if the rights could be figured out. I would be pretty excited about that. If anybody knows the status of the Channel F rights, let me know and I’ll pass it on.

• Like 2

Wow serious?  I grew up with my moms old Channel F(2) system and up until my early 20s I had it hooked up in the third car garage on this old TV.  Ugly, 2600 bad really, but it has this charm, controlled well, had some nice game variety too and damn it played a mean game of blackjack.  If they figured that mess out and put that on a cart I'd potentially move from very interested into probably a buyer then just to do all that again.  I wish I still had the thing, but after I moved out, no warning, a fatherly wave of dumpster abuse sacked the garage and it got pitched despite being told to warn/ask first.  A real shame, all CIB console and all and had most the numbered carts. ?

• Sad 3

On 5/14/2021 at 7:55 PM, 8th lutz said:

Blaze made it known today that they are going to announce arcade games next week.

They did have a 19 second video. That video did have sounds that seem to be either a beat'em up or head to head to head fighting game.

I think it was Combatribes... which makes a Technos arcade collection a possibility.  I wouldn't mind having Double Dragon arcade to play... I enjoyed that game a lot more than the NES version.  It will soon be revealed anyway... it would be interesting if Blaze combined arcade games from different companies on a single cart, but I doubt that will happen!

So if we end up with one Technos collection and I'm assuming the other arcade will be Data East.  That will be another interesting collection.

This week will be a fun one to see what's coming soon!

• Like 3

On 5/15/2021 at 3:52 PM, jgkspsx said:

One of the Blaze folks expressed interest on the Facebook group in releasing a Fairchild Channel F compilation if the rights could be figured out. I would be pretty excited about that. If anybody knows the status of the Channel F rights, let me know and I’ll pass it on.

I would like that as well.

I have a Channel F multicart but my Channel F I cant get to work anymore. Darn!!!

That would be cool if Evercade went even further back in video game history with that!??

• Like 4

I'd think a Data East and even a Namco collection multicart would make a lot of sense.  Only because it's the most minimal effort needed to get buys because they've already done them.  Both have MyArcade semi-premium 12" or whatever tall $100USD cabinets with a total menu and library slapped on it already, and they've also spewed them out in similar totals on various stuff like Namcot collection(Switch), download packages on other services, and other little handhelds and stand alone table units through MyArcade as well.  The bones of design are there where a team of one more or less could shovel it over to work and have it tossed on a cart for $20.

• Like 2