IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

On 5/15/2021 at 5:52 PM, jgkspsx said:

One of the Blaze folks expressed interest on the Facebook group in releasing a Fairchild Channel F compilation if the rights could be figured out. I would be pretty excited about that. If anybody knows the status of the Channel F rights, let me know and I’ll pass it on.

If they got the Channel F collection on a cart or two, I would go out and buy an Evercade immediately.  No damn joke.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

I would like that as well.

I have a Channel F multicart but my Channel F I cant get to work anymore. Darn!!!

That would be cool if Evercade went even further back in video game history with that!??

100% agreed.  Also, another great console to get would be the Epoch Super Cassette Vision.  That would be a good addition as well imo.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Hwlngmad said:

100% agreed.  Also, another great console to get would be the Epoch Super Cassette Vision.  That would be a good addition as well imo.

It sure would for me as well,I have never played any of those games for certain!?

• Like 3

The arcade games just dropped!  They are releasing a planned set of FOUR arcade collections!

The arcade version of Burgertime, Double Dragon 2 and 3...plus BIOMECHANICAL TOY!  I played that in Italy ages ago and had a blast with it.

What do you think, sirs?

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Holy crap, Gaelco! World Rally!!! Finally I get to play it!!! That is an absolute socks-knocker-offer of a cart. If I didn’t already have an Evercade that’s what would make me buy one.

EDIT: boy, what are they going to do about Glass? It is an NSFW game no matter how you slice it. It doesn’t look very fun either, unless the people playing it on YouTube don’t know how to play it.

I am extremely confused that Technōs / ASW owns the rights to Block Out arcade but I love that game and I’m happy others will get to play it.

I am perplexed to see Darwin on the Data East collection as it is a very, very bad, no good, not fun game, but Tumblepop is wonderful and I’m ecstatic to see it. (Even though I like the Game Boy version better as a game.)

I have my doubts about how all these rotary and trackball controlled Atari games will actually play. I’d like to give Liberator another shot, though. Night Driver arcade is a nice addition, I find that one strangely compelling.

All in all I’m really excited for the first three and will probably buy the Atari one out of a sense of duty.

• Like 1

I really like these and am down for at least 3 of them--with the possible exception the Atari one, which relies almost entirely on display and/or controller technologies the evercade can't reproduce. I have also pretty much reached saturation point on the properties from that half of Atari.  I will say I liked previous atari collections a lot more for their unique titles, like ninja golf and those songbird lynx games I finally get to play. 

I've never heard of 'chain reaction,' but am looking forward to trying it.  It looks a lot like Magical Drop in terms of its 'distraction style' but I'm once again a bit saddened that we didn't get arcade magical drop 3--but as good as it is, I think I understand, since the the english version of md3 is a bit nerfed compared to the japanese version--which is on the same freaking mvs cart...

I'm also looking forward to world rally, I've come close to buying the jamma a few times, and I really like the 'here comes the turn' overhead racing genre, which is all but dead.

One day I really hope to start seeing Midway/Williams/bally/'Atari Games' arcade collections (I think those companies' properties are all together now? and since midway went down we don't see much from them).  In a dream world I would really like a Synapse Software collection.  So many classic/unique shmups from them, that I haven't played or seen since the A8 days. 

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, 7800Knight said:

The arcade games just dropped!  They are releasing a planned set of FOUR arcade collections!

The arcade version of Burgertime, Double Dragon 2 and 3...plus BIOMECHANICAL TOY!  I played that in Italy ages ago and had a blast with it.

What do you think, sirs?

Pretty impressive (arcade) launch line up imo.  Definitely Blaze continues to do great with these collections and it is making me lean more and more toward going ahead and getting an Evercade along with a couple of carts.

• Like 4

Pretty Cool!

The Atari is a must because of Asteroids Deluxe, plus Centipede/Millipede etc.  Data East has BreakThru,  a game I always liked...The others will have some interesting games too.  It might be neat to see Tumble Pop since I too had it on Game Boy BITD.  That was the first time I remember  a magazine calling something a "Platform" game;  The term "Platformer" came later as I recall...

Overall:  A neat lineup with (and this is good) some obscurities (to me anyway), not quite enough classics, too many beat 'em ups, not enough space shooters,... but enough "I'm intrigued" games to pretty much want them all.  ;)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jgkspsx said:

Mysterious Stones looks amazing, and that’s running on the same Data East hardware as Burgertime. Remarkable.

Are you serious ? What clever sods did this then ?

These are good Collections, but I think some games are not in these collections because I'm under the impression there could be arcade Collections 2 from some of these companies. What I am waiting to see is what arcade collections be part of Evercade Vs bundles. 

Technos Arcade Collection 1 is solid although I'm not a fan of Double Dragon 3. The arcade version of Double Dragon 3 was ported to the Genesis. Double Dragon 3 was considered a disappointment to many people online considering how the first 2 Double Dragons were. I'm guessing Double Dragon 1 would be on Technos Arcade Collection 2.

Data East Arcade collection 1 is very good collection. I'm guessing the Magic Drop arcade games are for Data East Arcade Collection 2.

I am not that familiar with Galeco at all, but I've heard good things.

Atari Arcade Collection 1 is good on paper, but I don't consider it a must. The problem is Atari Arcade games have been in compilations dating back to the ps1.  I would get the cartridge though.  

Edited by 8th lutz
  • Like 1

Not on the whole a bad selection of choices.  I was disappointed no Super Dodgeball for the Technos arcade bundle seeing that they finally emulated it in the last year on the ACA-Switch side of things. :(  That game, that very singular game, would sell me on that handheld just to have it again and in physical format no less. :(

I like the fact they do though in each of these and past stuff, have a decent selection of titles at the cut rate price of like $20 a cart isn't it?  Given we're talking packing costs, materials, and it being real, it's just a nice all around thing.

• Like 3

I'm going to assume that the Atari Arcade collection will be the pack-in with the VS.  Makes no difference to me though as I will get the whole lot just to add more games to the ever growing Evercade collection!  If we wait long enough... the Evercade may have the largest game library of any system.  lol  Well... maybe not.

On another note, Evercade VS is going to be revealing the VS bundles by the end of next week and with all the trackball games on the Atari collection... could we see a trackball controller released in a larger bundle?  I'd be all over something like that!  I'd likely pick up an extra trackball controller or two (or three) for some of those games!

• Like 3

While I have doubts that it will play well at all with the controller, I hope they don't forget the car overlay in Night Driver. There's no car present in the trailer footage, lol.

I wish they'd treat the Atari catalog like they're doing with the Intellivision catalog. Most of their choices here aren't going to be very playable. I'd rather see one strong Atari arcade cartridge with choices selected with the Evercade controls in mind, rather than several cartridges that are weakened by the inclusion of classics that don't stand a chance with the Evercade controls.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, Atariboy said:

While I have doubts that it will play well at all with the controller, I hope they don't forget the car overlay in Night Driver. There's no car present in the trailer footage, lol.

I wish they'd treat the Atari catalog like they're doing with the Intellivision catalog. Most of their choices here aren't going to be very playable. I'd rather see one strong Atari arcade cartridge with choices selected with the Evercade controls in mind, rather than several cartridges that are weakened by the inclusion of classics that don't stand a chance with the Evercade controls.

I agree...it sure seemed heavy on trackball games (Centipede, Millipede, Missile Command, Crystal Castles) for a system without any analog control.

I really hope they add Space Duel, personally, that would be a huge plus.  Asteroids Deluxe is awesome, but Space Duel is even awesome-r :)

• Like 2

I'm on the fence about the Atari Arcade collection as they are older games.  And I have one small gripe about the Technos Arcade collection.

They are missing Renegade and its Japanese counterpart Kunio-Kun.  These beat-em-ups were the ancestor of Double Dragon and I loved playing these in the arcade in spite of how hard they were (no power-up food to restore life, no weapons to pick up, etc).

Maybe if they do another Technos collection.

kuniokun.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, 7800Knight said:

I'm on the fence about the Atari Arcade collection as they are older games.  And I have one small gripe about the Technos Arcade collection.

They are missing Renegade and its Japanese counterpart Kunio-Kun.  These beat-em-ups were the ancestor of Double Dragon and I loved playing these in the arcade in spite of how hard they were (no power-up food to restore life, no weapons to pick up, etc).

Maybe if they do another Technos collection.

kuniokun.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

Gotta agree strongly, Renegade is a top 20 all time arcade game for me.

I am glad to see Combattibes though, it’s pretty sweet also.

• Like 1

Well didn't the box say Volume 1 or something similar?  I bet they try and milk it holding some gems back for #2 the following year.

I know there is like songbird and stuff, but are there other retailers that carry it maybe that do random sales of decent amounts (20%?) at any time.  I'm thinking of bookmarking something good to keep an eye out.

• Like 2