IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

5 hours ago, GoldLeader said:

Well,  it's SOLD OUT now....**Sigh**

I know you posted that almost a month ago...And I really need to get paying down some debt,  so it's probably for the best.   I'll save up slowly and get one eventually...

Yeah it lasted through the weekend I think and officially sold out early the following week.  

I haven't purchased myself much this year (other than the 2 Evercade carts a few months ago) so I took the plunge.  I've been looking at buying an Xbox Series X but they have been hard to find at retail.  Oh well.. no rush on that one as long as I can find one by 11-11-22 (Starfield lol).  Don't see that being a problem.  lol

Back to the VS System... I'm excited to play some arcade titles (and that Intellivision cart!!!!  Woohoo!) on it and discovering the hidden games that can be unlocked using different combinations of carts.  This makes me want to have all the carts... just in case.  lol

Start saving and by November you might have enough to pick up a system and a cart!  :)

• Like 4

On 6/22/2021 at 6:42 PM, 7800Knight said:

I'm holding off on getting the Evercade Vs System.  Maybe next year.

More cartridges though are on my agenda.  I want the Intellivision and Bitmap Brothers collections.  I also want at least the Gaelco Arcade games.

At one point I was thinking I would just wait for the VS System but I saw the bundle and thought I'd catch up on the new releases in one shot.  lol

I'm not in a huge need to have every cart but so far I have them all... I think once I get my fill from a cart I will sell it.  Some of these carts have a ton of replay value while others have limited (to me) play value.  Once the cart combo unlockable games are discovered, I may re-evaluate my cart shelf and sell some.  Or I just look at the pretty cases and leave them be.  lol

Now that Intellivision cart is going to be AWESOME!  And the next one they release is going to be my favourite as it will have Cloudy Mountain on it!  That cart can have ust Cloudy Mountain on it and I would buy it!  lol  

Bitmap Bros is the Speedball cart right?  I remember playing some Speedball in the 90's and liked it quite a bit.  I look forward to delving deeper into those games!

All the arcade releases are going to be great... the Atari cart is my least anticipated cart but I think it will be the one to surprise me the most.  Actually the Gaelco cart is the one with the most surprises as I don't know many of those carts.  Breakthru arcade on the Data East cart is gonna be a great blast from the past.

Hmm... 2022... Konami... please Konami?!?!

• Like 2

Bitmap Bros also has Soldiers of Fortune, a Gauntlet type game; that one I'm interested in.

It's hard to say for sure what we'll see but I don't know if we'll see the more popular licenses like Konami, Capcom, Midway or Nintendo due to royalty costs or even exclusivity.

• Like 2

On 6/24/2021 at 6:50 AM, jgkspsx said:

Nobody will ever have Nintendo games unless they go out of business. The others seem plausible, they’ve all licensed out games before. But I think it will take more money and more demonstration that they will sell.

Agreed on Nintendo... you want their games?  Get a NES Mini/SNES Mini... or a Switch and online to play the old school titles.

Capcom seems like a logical step... same goes for Konami.  Capcom has their titles on various systems so this seems like another revenue stream for them.  Konami also would be interested in making money selling their licenses.  These two companies could perhaps go to a 4-8 games per cart deals with Evercade/Blaze so that they can maximize the revenue per cart.  I could see something like that to stretch the money out for the licensing.

Midway is interesting as the ownership of the licenses seems to always be in a constant state of flux.  If Evercade/Blaze can wrangle something with Midway... I would be excited for their console and arcade releases!

One other company that I wonder about is Sega... on one of the videos released by Evercade/Blaze, the person from Evercade mentioned he would love to get games from Sega in the future.  Sure it's nothing concrete but there's always a possibility of this happening!

• Like 3

5 hours ago, godslabrat said:

I'm warming up to this thing.  Some sort of SD cart that could let me in

load my own roms would be mega sweet.

There's already an EverDrive for it, but to me it defeats the purpose of the whole console. It's not like there aren't any cheap emulation systems out there already... Moreover I mostly like the Evercade to play homebrew games in a more comfortable way, and pirating homebrew games would be really douchey. ?

• Like 1

On 6/24/2021 at 6:50 AM, jgkspsx said:

Nobody will ever have Nintendo games unless they go out of business. The others seem plausible, they’ve all licensed out games before. But I think it will take more money and more demonstration that they will sell.

no, its not portable (unless you have a switch). but you can play plenty of namco Nintendo NES classics on the xbox and ps. thanks to the namco collections vol 1 and 2. [some were exclusive to the NES]

they are also available on PC via Steam.  so it's not like you can't get these games, and they are very popular

games from Namco, and not necessarily Nintendo games.

but then microsoft and sony have a lot of money to pay for those.

so maybe at some point, other games will show up. because Hamster was able to port some nintendo games also,

so there might be hope for other systems to get those classics.

later

Edited by negative1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

There's already an EverDrive for it, but to me it defeats the purpose of the whole console. It's not like there aren't any cheap emulation systems out there already... Moreover I mostly like the Evercade to play homebrew games in a more comfortable way, and pirating homebrew games would be really douchey. ?

I wouldn't pirate anything I could buy on cart, but the Evercade now seems to be a known quantity when it comes to build quality.  That's not something I can say for every $50 AliExpress handheld.

• Like 1

On 6/25/2021 at 6:50 PM, King_Salamon said:

Midway is interesting as the ownership of the licenses seems to always be in a constant state of flux.  If Evercade/Blaze can wrangle something with Midway... I would be excited for their console and arcade releases!

You must be thinking of another publisher. Midway hasn't existed for years and 99% of that library has been owned by Warner Brothers Interactive Entertainment ever since 2009 when Midway's IP was liquidated by the bankruptcy court (And remains with them to this day).

I suspect this just might be less daunting than a lot of other attractive licenses would be for a company like this. Other than the appearance of many highlights of their arcade heritage in Lego Dimensions a few years back, little has been done with this catalog on consoles and handhelds outside of perhaps the Mortal Kombat titles ever since the release of Midway Arcade Origins almost a decade ago. 

And their appearance on a niche and relatively obscure platform like this, does little harm to the viability of a release on mainstream platforms (Which sadly, Warner Brothers apparently considers minimal). So it wouldn't shock me too much if a licensing deal could be struck.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, negative1 said:

so maybe at some point, other games will show up. because Hamster was able to port some nintendo games also,

so there might be hope for other systems to get those classics.

The Evercade has lots of NES games already. By “Nintendo games” I meant games that Nintendo owns the rights to. Hamster has ported Nintendo arcade games to the Switch, and they will stay on the Switch only.

The Midway issue is a non-issue, depending what you consider should be controlled by Midway, and that maybe your confusion.

Midway USED to control atari games, as in atari arcade games, so there are games like in the GBC period that may have been both Atari Games + Midway/Bally stuff on combo or standalone carts, and then earlier from there too, you could not find so easy now.  The Atari stuff, some Midway retained, some went back to Atari who then well they folded, flopped, name bought, etc into the winds but all those IPs are owned under a few houses.  The Midway stuff, it never got split into parts, they died, WB bought up the assets of Midway on the whole they controlled around 20 years ago towards demise.  You'll notice when anything old MIdway does pop up now, the publisher is WB, whether it's the atgames garbage handheld for genesis that had MK1+3 on it which have special WB branding and legal garbage in the box fine print, or other odd stuff like PS3 packages, again WB.

Midway console, midway old arcade, bally old arcade, some even atari junk they retained ...all that WB can do as they please if you can get them to agree to a contract.  Maybe WB thinks the evercade is an untested enough sales wise system still, an utter joke and waste of time to license, or stupidly have NOT been approached.  Given what they control arcade wise it's STUPID they have not had the stuff there.  Remember that package I eluded to moments ago, I looked it up by name, it's called the Midway Arcade Origins.  Released by WB Interactive Entertainement for PS3, 360, and XB1 (ugh why no PC!!) back in 2012.  Look at this line-up of excellently emulated titles and tell me this is not a mistake to put this on evercade.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midway_Arcade_Origins

• Like 3

Konami, they've peddled out the whole Castlevania Anniv collection with the 3 NES, 2 GB, 1 FC, 1 GEN game and that book for like $30 but most often less as it goes on sale a lot for Steam, etc.  And there's their arcade version of those and the contra one too.  It's totally within means and realm of possibility.  SNK too, they like to push their old non-Neo Geo stuff as much as the big red gems.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

My recollection is that I read extremely strong hints that Blaze have been in talks with Taito. That is one company that could churn out ten cartridges or more and I would buy every one.

Taito is owned by Square Enix now. That opens up more possibilities depending on the price. Square Enix also owns Eidos. 

• Like 2

On 6/27/2021 at 8:51 PM, Tanooki said:

The Midway issue is a non-issue, depending what you consider should be controlled by Midway, and that maybe your confusion.

Midway USED to control atari games, as in atari arcade games, so there are games like in the GBC period that may have been both Atari Games + Midway/Bally stuff on combo or standalone carts, and then earlier from there too, you could not find so easy now.  The Atari stuff, some Midway retained, some went back to Atari who then well they folded, flopped, name bought, etc into the winds but all those IPs are owned under a few houses.  The Midway stuff, it never got split into parts, they died, WB bought up the assets of Midway on the whole they controlled around 20 years ago towards demise.  You'll notice when anything old MIdway does pop up now, the publisher is WB, whether it's the atgames garbage handheld for genesis that had MK1+3 on it which have special WB branding and legal garbage in the box fine print, or other odd stuff like PS3 packages, again WB.

Midway console, midway old arcade, bally old arcade, some even atari junk they retained ...all that WB can do as they please if you can get them to agree to a contract.  Maybe WB thinks the evercade is an untested enough sales wise system still, an utter joke and waste of time to license, or stupidly have NOT been approached.  Given what they control arcade wise it's STUPID they have not had the stuff there.  Remember that package I eluded to moments ago, I looked it up by name, it's called the Midway Arcade Origins.  Released by WB Interactive Entertainement for PS3, 360, and XB1 (ugh why no PC!!) back in 2012.  Look at this line-up of excellently emulated titles and tell me this is not a mistake to put this on evercade.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midway_Arcade_Origins

I have a super old version of this for PC that had most of these PLUS Moon Patrol.  I have found it weird that MP has disappeared from any remotely recent Midway compilation; got to assume it's owned by another company now (since you can get it for $8 on Arcade Archives for Switch, and no other Midway games are available like that AFAIK).

Yeah, I agree strongly that WB should get the $ and license those goodies out.  No harm in it, basically no risk situation even if the Evercade isn't a massive base.  $ is still $, and for the cost of having Gustaf or whoever in your licensing dept print and sign a form to Blaze, this seems like a no-brainer.  (ok ok I know they have to develop the EC version too, just simplifying to make the point stronger lol)

• Like 2

It's an Irem game that Atari developed by Midway controlled into the 2000s with them, but Irem seems to have retained it as they're still working on the franchise and have a version of it (or the original) coming on that wonky amico intellivision thing whenever that mess arrives.

Either way, with Midway dead, WB I guess didn't scoop it or Irem as part of that whole pay off the debits bit bought their half out.  That would be why it was in Midway packs, now excluded, and now also coming out on that intellivision device.

Speaking of Midway(WB) it would be interesting if they dared to stuff like the 16bit versions of the games (please not the poor looking/sounding Sega one though) from the early era of Mortal Kombat on there.  I could see that being some kind of a stand out purchase.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't think Atari developed it. They wouldn't of developed an arcade game for a Japanese company.

The American connection enters the equation since Williams licensed it for distribution in American arcades (Hence why Midway licensed it again years later for some compilation appearances). And of course Atari grabbed the home console rights and computer rights.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Oh heck yeah. Renovation Collection 1 coming in 2022, preorders in November. What a delightful surprise!

89275087-E910-4F2E-87E3-0949F1C171DF.thumb.jpeg.3ea20203cbd78a5a9756701844304a7e.jpeg

• Arcus Odyssey
  • Beast Wrestler
  • Dino Land
  • El Viento
  • Exile
  • Final Zone
  • Gaiares
  • Granada
  • Sol-Deace
  • Traysia
  • Valis: The Fantasm Soldier
  • Valis 3

This is the Evercade cart besides the Atari/Lynx ones that I own the most original games from, but I’m buying this anyway. Excellent lineup and some great additions to the overall library.

• Like 2