IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

This is a big surprise. I lost track who owned the rights to the company. Its a good pick for doing a collection. The company published games that is now known as hidden gems. It is a good Collection.

I knew Renovation games on the Genesis very well. I own a lot of Renovation games and I think own almost all the games on Renovation Products Collection 1. Whenever I saw Renovation Products name on a box, it was company that I get excited about. I first got into Renovation back in the 90s as a Genesis owner.

I will be getting this collection.

• Like 3

Though being at least half a year out, probably a year, this puts a notch in the belt of reasons to get me to actually buy this thing.  When I've had a Genesis in periods of time, some of those titles I really dug, they're on this package from the Valis games to Exile, Sol Deace and a few others.  Renovation got some goodies.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, roots.genoa said:

Good, I'd indeed prefer to get the 10 carts I've already pre-ordered first. ?

(I really hope the two that are coming at the end of the month won't be delayed again)

My restock of Evercade games including Xeno Crisis, Atari Lynx #1 and #2, and Oliver Twins will finally be here next week! And Worms and Indie Heroes are on track for a July 30 release. Lots of on-hold orders for Songbird to work through this month. :)

• Like 6

this renovation collection is pretty much all new for me.  It's exciting to see some pretty cool games on it too.  2022 looks to be kicking off with a bang!

And we all know that Evercade releases two at a time so I'm wondering what else is next?  The fun just keeps on coming!

Two weeks to go until we see the latest releases!  I'm excited for the Indie Heroes collection!  Anguna on Evercade will be a blast!  Likely the first title I try!  lol

• Like 1

Why am I hearing about Renovation for the first time now? Did anybody get an email about it?

May 28th is the last evercade message I've got and I'm wondering if it is my mail provider, if evercade overlooked the mailing list on this one, or if I need to sign up again.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2

Oh Man!  That Renovation cart is a MUST BUY!  I have boxed copies of Gaiares,  and Arcus Odyssey, which I always thought was a neat game...Plus IIRC, a couple of Valis games as loose carts.  Can't believe I've never heard of Dino Land (besides the name) because that is right up my alley for sure!

This is the kind of thing I like about the Evercade;  It shines the light on some lesser known games, that probably everyone has the (ahem) ROMs for anyway...

• Like 2

The Renovation cart is what finally tipped me into buying an Evercade.  Playing through Atari Collection 1 until my Namco Collection 1 arrives.  So far, Adventure and Video Pinball stand out as the two best (but I haven't touched the big 1981 titles yet or anything that came after).  I definitely will enjoy discovering games that I never played before on the VCS and the NES (and the Genesis would be all new to me).

IMG_20210718_150158.jpg

• Like 5

On 7/18/2021 at 1:12 PM, Reaperman said:

Why am I hearing about Renovation for the first time now? Did anybody get an email about it?

May 28th is the last evercade message I've got and I'm wondering if it is my mail provider, if evercade overlooked the mailing list on this one, or if I need to sign up again.

Don't think Evercade released an email but they did a reveal on Twitter of this new collection for next year.  I'll grab it for the variety of titles it has... and the fact that I don't believe I've played any of the titles on the cart.  

I'm waiting for the second shoe to drop and have Evercade do another reveal on twitter with the other title that will release along with the Renovation collection.  It seems they like the dual releases.  Another thought is with the purple VS carts... will they release a 2 red carts at a time or a red and a purple?  Or 2 reds one month and then 2 purple carts the following month.

• Like 1

On 7/18/2021 at 2:06 PM, Abzeronow said:

The Renovation cart is what finally tipped me into buying an Evercade.  Playing through Atari Collection 1 until my Namco Collection 1 arrives.  So far, Adventure and Video Pinball stand out as the two best (but I haven't touched the big 1981 titles yet or anything that came after).  I definitely will enjoy discovering games that I never played before on the VCS and the NES (and the Genesis would be all new to me).

IMG_20210718_150158.jpg

There are some great titles on that cart!  I am a Crystal Castles fan and also really enjoy Food Fight... both I believe are on that collection!

Adventure is a game I always give a playthrough every time I load up this collection!

Glad to see another Evercade fan enjoying the system!

• Like 5

• 3 weeks later...

I've got worms!!

Heh, the good kind, my copies of worms and indie heroes came in this week.

Unfortunately worms will be more playable once the console comes out later this year. Don't get me wrong, its playable, just imo much better with a human opponent.

Haven't made my way through indie yet, but what I've played so far is quite good. Some of these look like dmg (game boy) games, may be. Anyhow, nice to see more new games coming out for it, hope to see more indie newcomers to the system.

Wow, I just looked it up, and I STILL have 10 games and the console on preorder lol. Maybe I've got a problem. No I don't have a problem, I can quit anytime I want :D no I don't want to quit :P

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Video said:

I've got worms!!

Heh, the good kind, my copies of worms and indie heroes came in this week.

Unfortunately worms will be more playable once the console comes out later this year. Don't get me wrong, its playable, just imo much better with a human opponent.

Haven't made my way through indie yet, but what I've played so far is quite good. Some of these look like dmg (game boy) games, may be. Anyhow, nice to see more new games coming out for it, hope to see more indie newcomers to the system.

Wow, I just looked it up, and I STILL have 10 games and the console on preorder lol. Maybe I've got a problem. No I don't have a problem, I can quit anytime I want :D no I don't want to quit :P

Try Alien Cat on Indie Heroes!

I played it from start to finish and made it through the entire game. 

I rarely do that,so that's says a lot.

A super fun and enjoyable puzzle and story game.

Have fun!?

• Like 1

I tried this one too (it helps it's the first in the list ?) and it's quite interesting, even though I find the cutscene between each level a bit too long. I also started Twin Dragons and tried a shoot 'em up that is far too hard for me... ?

I also played the Worms Collection a little, won a solo match in Worms Armageddon. I was impressed by the CGI intro, it's kinda surreal to see that on a handheld like this. The loadings from the PlayStation original are there too, however. ? The screen is clearly a little too small for that game, but it's playable. I also started (but not even finished) Worms Blast's tutorial and was pleasantly surprised. I don't like the visual style (typical of GBA shovelware) but it's an interesting take on Puzzle Bobble plus it retains the focus on physics of the Worms series.

• Like 2

So has anybody in the US had issues getting Evercade preorders through Amazon? Apparently there are issues going on with Amazon but I can't find any info on what the issue is but still haven't gotten the Indie Heroes cart I preordered in April and the game released near the end of June. My bigger concern has been is this going to happen to all the future releases? I have the VS and the Intellivision collection preordered and all Blaze Entertainment is saying is to buy from another retailer. I noticed the only retailer in the US with the Indie Heroes cart is Funstock which is selling it at a higher price hell I've noticed all the newest releases starting from the Lynx collections are all being sold at higher prices then the retail price.

Unfortunately I ran out of both Indie Heroes and Worms a few days ago... stock is limited on these even at the distributor level, so while I will try to get more in over the next few weeks to coincide with the next wave of carts, I don't know for sure yet. Most other Evercade games are in stock however.

On 8/9/2021 at 3:50 PM, EmOneGarand said:

So has anybody in the US had issues getting Evercade preorders through Amazon? Apparently there are issues going on with Amazon but I can't find any info on what the issue is but still haven't gotten the Indie Heroes cart I preordered in April and the game released near the end of June. My bigger concern has been is this going to happen to all the future releases? I have the VS and the Intellivision collection preordered and all Blaze Entertainment is saying is to buy from another retailer. I noticed the only retailer in the US with the Indie Heroes cart is Funstock which is selling it at a higher price hell I've noticed all the newest releases starting from the Lynx collections are all being sold at higher prices then the retail price.

My younger brother stopped using Amazon last year for Evercade.  Amazon last year canceled an order that had 2 games pre-ordered. My younger brother since then has been pre-ordered Evercade games through Funstack and Songbird. The Evercade VS was pre-ordered through Songbird. 

• Like 1

I've been using Videogamesplus.ca for my Evercade orders and they offer free shipping on the pre-ordered two packs.  I did purchase the VS System from Funstock as the special edition was only available from them.

I've looked at Amazon but the Canadian price is usually more than my other options so I've stayed away for Evercade purchases.

• Like 1