IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

I ordered a Founders Edition so it will be interesting to see if I receive it in Canada by Christmas.  I can hope but if it doesn't show until next year, I'll be ok with that.

I have a few carts still in the shrinkwrap so I have lots of 'new' games to play anyway.  Seems like I put a new cart in the system and it takes a while... a long while for me to want to change to a new cart.  lol

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, Hydro Thunder said:

Hrumph.  Best Buy just canceled my pre-order for the Intellivision and Bitmap Bros carts, since they didn't know when they were delayed until.  And the Evercade FB page keeps running videos of Night Stalker, grrrr.  Not a great sign.

I'm not happy with that development either.  Those two cartridges along with the arcade collections and the VS console are delayed until January.

• Sad 1

On 8/30/2021 at 4:47 AM, Songbird said:

To answer your questions: Songbird provided the licenses for the Evercade Lynx #1 cart, and yes Songbird is an official online retailer (but not distributor) for Evercade merchandise.

Is another Lynx-collection a realistic thing to happen in the future…?

Lynx 1 + 2 are two of my Evercade favourites.

But dud they sell well overall?

(As to the question whether more Lynx-collections may happen in the future)

• Like 4

20 hours ago, Giles N said:

Is another Lynx-collection a realistic thing to happen in the future…?

Lynx 1 + 2 are two of my Evercade favourites.

But dud they sell well overall?

(As to the question whether more Lynx-collections may happen in the future)

One would hope that we will get a Lynx volume 3 as the first two seem to be popular, but then again I have no clue on actual sales figures so who knows for sure.

• Like 2

I certainly hope they're selling well enough. I get the feeling the normies were the intended audience, and also get the feeling they haven't bought in as expected.  Maybe that's because evercade's not for sale widely in brick and mortar stores, but here in 2020/2021, maybe amazon's the replacement for those anyway. *sigh*

The console does do very well with its fans--not just us here in the thread, but over on youtube I'm seeing people I've followed forever enjoying this thing. Its a bit of an unlikely fanbase with people who all seem to have way better ways to play these games, MiSTers, Analogues, Flashcarts, expensive upscalers, etc. But the Evercade idea's executed so well.

Within the last week, I caught some familiar faces from AA (way back) participating in the livechat at interface tour's premier. CUpodcast also recently had another amico episode and casually reached back and grabbed an evercade cart as an example of good physical merch. That's just what I noticed this week. (and of course I had my fav evercade cart in my MVS Xeno Crisis review, but I'm small potatoes)

I also notice the collections are also getting more interesting for this somewhat unlikely fanbase, with fewer of 'the usual suspects' that we have everywhere (namco, atari, etc). I think we're seeing more oddball, non-standard collections, and more modern retro releases. I'm not entirely sure Evercade intended us to be their target market, but they seem to be leaning into the fanbase they've got.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 4

Sales for Lynx Collection #1 have been decent, but certainly the worldwide chip shortages and shipping delays (which affect many things, not just Evercade) have limited sustained sales throughout 2021. I am definitely evaluating a third Lynx collection for Evercade, as I have rights to several more original Lynx releases in addition to Songbird after-market releases. Let's hope for a strong Q4 to close out the year!

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Songbird said:

Sales for Lynx Collection #1 have been decent, but certainly the worldwide chip shortages and shipping delays (which affect many things, not just Evercade) have limited sustained sales throughout 2021. I am definitely evaluating a third Lynx collection for Evercade, as I have rights to several more original Lynx releases in addition to Songbird after-market releases. Let's hope for a strong Q4 to close out the year!

This is an exciting post office to read! Thanks for sharing this information about the possibility of more Lynx games. Do you know if there's a possibility of porting any Atari Jaguar games such as Rebooteroids?

Edited by RREDDWARFF

Yeah, I know code masters is missing some stuff. I've never heard of most these games. I rented the heck out of psycho pinball bitd though. That's my most played title.

Kinda bummed that micro machines is missing, I kind of expected it to be there with a different title screen, like the top gear/ top racer title change.

When will Activision get in? They seem to release their games on everything, I'd think 3-4 carts would be up their alley.

How about atari's Nintendo titles? Don't get me wrong, no way inhell we'd get Tetris, but they had plenty of Nintendo titles.

• Like 3

To get Micro Machines, you would need both Codemasters and Micro Machines licenses.

Regarding Activision, they released compilations in the past, yes, but I'm not aware of more recent stuff to be honest.

And you lost me with your "Atari's Nintendo titles"; what games are you talking about? Licensing Nintendo will probably never happen unfortunately.

Edit: I just realized you meant Tengen games. Well, I'm not sure who owns the license for these games currently...

Edited by roots.genoa
  • Like 1

Evercade VS - A Low-Cost Gateway To Past Nintendo Classics And Much More Besides - Nintendo Life

Nintendo Life gave a rave review to the Evercade VS console.  This review along with the video review by Metal Jesus (posted elsewhere) changed my mind.  I'm now getting a unit of my own!

What do you think of the reviews?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, 7800Knight said:

Evercade VS - A Low-Cost Gateway To Past Nintendo Classics And Much More Besides - Nintendo Life

Nintendo Life gave a rave review to the Evercade VS console.  This review along with the video review by Metal Jesus (posted elsewhere) changed my mind.  I'm now getting a unit of my own!

What do you think of the reviews?

They were good reviews. I also like the fact they didn't reveal the hidden games during the review.

We'll probably find out soon enough.  I am watching a YouTube video by Crazy Burger who is speculating on the hidden games.  

His theory is that plugging in similar cartridges will unlock the hidden games such as the Technos Collection 1 with Technos Arcade, the Atari Lynx Collections 1 & 2, Codemasters with Oliver Twins and the Data East Collection 1 with Data East Arcade.

He has a point - similar cartridges may indeed be the key to finding these hidden games.

Edited by 7800Knight

21 minutes ago, 7800Knight said:

We'll probably find out soon enough.  I am watching a YouTube video by Crazy Burger who is speculating on the hidden games.  

His theory is that plugging in similar cartridges will unlock the hidden games such as the Technos Collection 1 with Technos Arcade, the Atari Lynx Collections 1 & 2, Codemasters with Oliver Twins and the Data East Collection 1 with Data East Arcade.

He has a point - similar cartridges may indeed be the key to finding these hidden games.

I am looking forward to discovering the hidden games.  Blaze could certainly make a lower selling cart in high demand with a key unlockable title.  

My own speculation is the two Technos carts will reveal Double Dragon arcade... even though Blaze stated that Double Dragon wasn't on the arcade cart due to issues with the emulation.  Could have been a smoke screen but we will find out soon enough.

Having all the carts will have me trying out all the combos.  I may even try out the carts in each slot... who knows how deep the secrets are hidden?  And then every new cart released will add more fun to discover!

• Like 2

8 hours ago, King_Salamon said:

My own speculation is the two Technos carts will reveal Double Dragon arcade... even though Blaze stated that Double Dragon wasn't on the arcade cart due to issues with the emulation. 

Not with the emulation… the real arcade game runs so badly that people will THINK the emulation is screwed up…

• Like 3