IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

Morphcat 1 and Intellivision 2 delayed until June 30th - Evercade : Evercade

Sadly, due to manufacturing issues (and most likely the ongoing supply chain problems), the Morphcat 1 and Intellivision 2 collections are delayed.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised.  Chip shortages delayed the release of the Versus unit.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Sorry these supply chain issues are so frustrating! We're still waiting on our very first shipment of Renovation and Gremlin carts. They were supposed to be here by end of April, but currently they're stuck in a shipping container in a North American port. So it's day-by-day right now. Hoping that shipment will get unstuck next week so we can finally fill orders for our very patient customers!

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Hey all, I bowed out of this thread a while back as I lost interest in Evercade when people were first getting their units and having problems with the controls.

But after seeing the continued release of carts, the Evercade is apparently doing quite well for itself. My questions are, have the controls issues been worked out? Would you suggest the handheld unit or the newer Console unit that was recently released? Has the overall reliability been there? (such as no overheating, breaking in general). I remember buying a SupaBoy years ago and it broke within weeks, and not much overall use. It got really hot and quit working.

This device is a possibility for a Xmas gift suggestion for my wife to get me. 

• Like 1

I have not had any problems myself with both my handheld and Vs. console; there's been no issues with controls or bugs in the games I played.

I suggest getting it; it makes a great gift.  The Vs. console is a better choice as you can plug in 2 cartridges at once...which also can unlock hidden games!

• Like 6

The little I've used mine I've kept the firmware up and even on that one which wasn't on the original code never had a problem.

The supaboy was shite, especialy if it was v1/v2 before they tacked on the S/SFC or made it black and gold they broke if you looked at them funny, or placed it down other than with kid gloves, and forget stability with quirky games or chipped titles.  If that was your experience with third party portable handhelds I would have avoided everything too.  I had that pos, tore it open to fix the broken d-pad that rendered many games unplayable, but the rest got annoying and upgraded to the S once i learned it was like 1:1 capable with original hardware...the only non pos that Hyperkin has put out. :P

@Cobra Kai  If you want an evercade that bad and some games they're not that hard to approach...and the way my life is going maybe I could just send you mine if we worked it out because it's getting so little use it makes me feel bad about it which isn't cool.  I remember when I used to waffle about buying it thinking this would happen, then I did, and it happened...ugh.

Edited by Tanooki
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, famicommander said:

I want a trackball and a rotary controller for this thing. 

Me too.

I have played my launch-era handheld for hundreds of hours, often pretty hard as with Gravitar the last couple weeks. I haven’t updated firmware on in several months as I am afraid of a few Piko 1 games having their save games deleted. It still needs remappable controls pretty badly.

• Like 1

I wonder if Blaze Entertainment will make a wireless controller for the Evercade VS.  Add some analog sticks and a turbo button. Maybe the controller can have handles like most modern controllers have. That would be cool.  I know you can use other controllers on the Evercade VS.  But it would be nice to see the company make one of their own.  

Edited by Intellivision Master
  • Like 2

I made my previous statement about wanting a trackball before I played arcade Centipede and Millipede on a controller.

Now that I have, I want a trackball even more.

Missile Command is perfectly playable with a d-pad or analog stick but Centipede is so slippery. The 7800 version is of course much more playable but it looks so much worse.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I started playing Nessy the Robot.  It's a cute little platformer.  I beat the first 3 levels.  The 3rd boss was annoying.  My only complaint with the game is during the boss fights.  Once you defeat a boss, it goes to a screen saying course cleared right away.  To me it should show the boss blowing up or something.  But instead the fight abruptly ends.  Other than that, I like the game so far.

• Like 1

Good news: we're finally expecting our big Evercade restock within the next week! This includes Renovation and Gremlin, plus restocks for Jaleco #1 and arcade carts. We'll be busy filling orders as soon as we can. Special thanks to all of our very patient customers! :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Just now, Songbird said:

Good news: we're finally expecting our big Evercade restock within the next week! This includes Renovation and Gremlin, plus restocks for Jaleco #1 and arcade carts. We'll be busy filling orders as soon as we can. Special thanks to all of our very patient customers! :)

I'm glad to hear that!  I'm dying to grab those other arcade carts.

• Like 3

Crazy Burger put out a video speculating on the next Evercade carts.

It is indeed speculation as it's anyone's guess right now.

I would like to see Neo Geo titles and PC Engine/TG-16 games on the Evercade.  And he does bring up a point - why no computer titles like ZX Spectrum, Amiga, Amstrad, Commodore 64, etc?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, 7800Knight said:

I would like to see Neo Geo titles and PC Engine/TG-16 games on the Evercade.  And he does bring up a point - why no computer titles like ZX Spectrum, Amiga, Amstrad, Commodore 64, etc?

Neo-Geo and/or PCE/TG-16 would be good.  But, I honestly would like to see things like Neo Geo Pocket, Fairchild Channel F, or the Super Cassette Vision.  Those are some systems that really could use some exposure, love, and more recognition.  The Evercade would be a perfect platform for these imo.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 7800Knight said:

There is going to be some answers on May 31st. Blaze is having their Evercade 2nd anniversary show on May 31st at 17:00 bst/18:00 cet/12:00 est/9:00 Pst. All those times are in different time zones.

Blaze mentioned the Evercade 2nd anniversary show is going to have next cartridges, some of their biggest hits, and some very big news. 

• Like 6

26 minutes ago, famicommander said:

The secret games on the VS should really just have an icon you can select from the home screen after you've unlocked them the first time. Trying to remember which code unlocks which game every time I boot up the system isn't ideal.

+1