IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

Well, as far as wish list things I would like to see upcoming.  Controller mapping per game, being able to map a button combination for the home function so one could use controllers that don't have a home button, support for spinners and trackballs, and unlocked things to stay unlocked.  The secret games from putting in cart combinations, would be nice if they just stayed unlocked on the system or one cart or the other at least so you don't have to load both each time you want to play the secret game... looking at you 7800 Dark Chambers.

• Like 4

I beat Nessy the Robot.  There are 7 stages.  The last stage, you fight the boss multiple times.  As you fight them, if you go to the right side of the screen, you end up in the ice level for some reason.  It's a glitch.  Also, while in the ice level, there are clones of Nessy just standing around, not moving.  It's strange.  To get back to where I was, I'd load the last save state.  Anyway, after beating the game, a new mode is unlocked.  I'm glad I was able to finish the game.  

• Like 2

On 5/20/2022 at 8:02 AM, jgkspsx said:

Speaking of obscure consoles, I am really really hoping that @PikoInteractive will bring their promised Super A’Can collection to the Evercade as well as to modern systems.

I don't have any prior exposure to that series of games,so yes,I would definitely like to see that for the Evercade!?

And any other previously mentioned collection of games in this thread I have never played,more specifically all the late 80s and early 90s computer games from the many home computers I never owned.

• Like 3

On 11/24/2021 at 12:32 PM, Reaperman said:

So I found another real winner, this time on Mega Cat 2, Gluf. A fun little puzzle platformer that seems a good mix mechanics from bugertime, and loderunner. I'm really digging these mega cat games--these are simple mechanics, but uncommonly well polished with pleasing art, animation and music. 8-bit style mechanics, mixed with 16-bit polish is a nice combo. I went out to their site, and that game alone is usually $40 (on sale now for $36), and I'm really glad evercade gives me the chance to try these out, because there's no way I'd ever have played this otherwise.

Speaking of mega cat vol 2, my arkagis crashes with 'illegal instruction' when I try to start a game, (only attract mode works) --is this 'a thing' for other people?

Did you ever get the issue resolved with Arkagis? I’m having the same issue. 
thanks….

• Sad 2

1 hour ago, CWood said:

Did you ever get the issue resolved with Arkagis? I’m having the same issue. 
thanks….

Nope, never fixed it. Kind of comforting to know it's at least a batch of them, and I'm not the only one.

I have a feeling more people are broken too, but honestly evercade is probably more for 'buying' than actually 'playing.'

To fix it, I attempted to wire up a gba cart-slot to microSD adapter, but I must have been some kind of incompetent at it (or the slot I used had the wrong spacing). I figured either the rom was bad, (and then I could buy anoter one from the store on itch.io) or the emulator was bad, and I could just use the rom on a MegaSG or MiSTer. From what I understand the carts are flash, pinned as if they're a microSD card.

Edited by Reaperman
  • Sad 3

I have played every single game on every single cartridge released on the Evercade so far. The only game I had problems with was Sensible Soccer on the Codemasters cart. Carl replaced it promptly. I think there was one other that was fixed by a firmware update. I am hoping to dig into the two new carts this weekend.

• Like 4

46 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

I have played every single game released on the Evercade so far. The only game I had problems with was Sensible Soccer on the Codemasters cart. Carl replaced it promptly. I think there was one other that was fixed by a firmware update. I am hoping to dig into the two new carts this weekend.

Same here, Sensible Soccer. Carl tool care of mine too.

• Like 2

Funstock has a 2nd anniversary bundle for 700 bucks. Comes with:
-Home console

-Handheld console

-All 28 carts released so far (home carts 1-24 and arcade carts 1-4)

-4 controllers

Doesn't seem like that much of a discount to be honest, but if you want everything at once it's a way to go

https://funstock.co.uk/collections/evercade/products/evercade-2nd-anniversary-bundle

• Like 2

A top down GTA collection might be cool:
Grand Theft Auto

Grand Theft Auto London 1969

Grand Theft Auto London 1961

Grand Theft Auto 2

Grand Theft Auto Advance

If we get a SEGA arcade cart, it would be amazing to have a legit version of Shadow Dancer. Of course the Genesis version is the better game, but the arcade version is good too and we never got a competent home port for home consoles. The Master System version was just too primitive. The Atari ST and Amiga versions were almost passable but nobody really had them in the US.

Edited by famicommander
  • Like 2

Well what they did announce was cool, but I feel like they vastly over hyped it.

Highlights:
-Toaplan Arcade 1 and 2 carts coming out, first one this year

-Irem Arcade 1 coming out this year

-New Evercade EXP handheld with a vert mode, IPS screen, higher res, extra buttons

I don't know why they thought anyone wanted to see a five minute break with a bunch of neckbeards playing Magical Drop in the middle of their announcements.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, famicommander said:

Well what they did announce was cool, but I feel like they vastly over hyped it.

I agree regarding the handheld. I personally think it's a little early to have a revised edition, but I can see were other people would be excited. I'm more interested in the VS home console.

The two new carts they announced though, those are fantastic.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, RREDDWARFF said:

I agree regarding the handheld. I personally think it's a little early to have a revised edition, but I can see were other people would be excited. I'm more interested in the VS home console.

The two new carts they announced though, those are fantastic.

The carts look great and I'll happily buy them both but Irem and Toaplan aren't exactly household names. They probably won't move the needle much.