Jump to content
Video

Evercade?!

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

New limited edition GameCube purple handheld:

 

8FC756BE-9256-4015-B980-214934B07AB0.thumb.jpeg.567c73c9eda77c9fd1e89a224677d7d5.jpeg

 

https://funstock.co.uk/products/funstock-exclusive-evercade-purple-handheld

 

I thought I was over buying different colored handhelds, but evidently not… maybe it can be a present for my wife…

 

F0704919-D400-45E8-AB8E-12192EF86BC8.jpeg
 

I wish they wouldn’t limit these to just Funstock. It would be nice to give their other retailers something exclusive to sell.

I ordered one!

I happen to like purple,it was 20% off and limited to 1,000.

Easy choice for me!😃👍

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I found another real winner, this time on Mega Cat 2, Gluf. A fun little puzzle platformer that seems a good mix mechanics from bugertime, and loderunner. I'm really digging these mega cat games--these are simple mechanics, but uncommonly well polished with pleasing art, animation and music. 8-bit style mechanics, mixed with 16-bit polish is a nice combo. I went out to their site, and that game alone is usually $40 (on sale now for $36), and I'm really glad evercade gives me the chance to try these out, because there's no way I'd ever have played this otherwise.

 

Speaking of mega cat vol 2, my arkagis crashes with 'illegal instruction' when I try to start a game, (only attract mode works) --is this 'a thing' for other people?

 

 

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Reaperman said:

Speaking of mega cat vol 2, my arkagis crashes with 'illegal instruction' when I try to start a game, (only attract mode works) --is this 'a thing' for other people?

Nope, it works on mine. That sucks, it’s one of my favorite homebrew games on the system.

 

Gluf is another favorite of mine - I’m glad you like it!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Since the cart is plugged into the back of the console it doesn't matter because you cant see it anyway.

Unless you play in front of a mirror! 😤

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really like the look of the Namco package over at funstock but it has been out of stock for quite awhile.  Anyone know where to scrape one of those up?  I know in around 3hours there's a $250 package on ebay, gently used and missing system box only with 13 games but there's so much crap I don't want.  Interplay would be ok, the 2 Lynx carts would be key, Piko I know has a nice setup on that one, don't want the crummy old 2600 titles or the insipid Oliver Twins stuff and I'd have no way to resell the stuff into the new year either so I'd get stuck.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Atari Collectio

2 hours ago, Tanooki said:

I really like the look of the Namco package over at funstock but it has been out of stock for quite awhile.  Anyone know where to scrape one of those up?  I know in around 3hours there's a $250 package on ebay, gently used and missing system box only with 13 games but there's so much crap I don't want.  Interplay would be ok, the 2 Lynx carts would be key, Piko I know has a nice setup on that one, don't want the crummy old 2600 titles or the insipid Oliver Twins stuff and I'd have no way to resell the stuff into the new year either so I'd get stuck.

Yeah, backing up @jgkspsx, Atari Collection 1 is my most played probably, partly due to Food Fight, also Ninja Golf, Alien Brigade, and Yars' Return.  Missile Command is surprisingly good on the little device too.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just recieved shipping confirmation for my Evercade VS., hooray!!

I know I ordered it the second they went on sale,so dont worry anyone who hasnt heard anything thing yet.

It's coming soon!!!👍

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

I just recieved shipping confirmation for my Evercade VS., hooray!!

I know I ordered it the second they went on sale,so dont worry anyone who hasnt heard anything thing yet.

It's coming soon!!!👍

That's awesome!  I have some waiting to do as I know I waited a while and pre-ordered the Founders Edition a couple days into the pre-orders.  Maybe I'll get a shipping notice by the end of the month!  Looking forward to it!  MAybe... jjust maybe it'll make it here by Christmas.  Overall... it makes for an exciting time of year!

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, King_Salamon said:

That's awesome!  I have some waiting to do as I know I waited a while and pre-ordered the Founders Edition a couple days into the pre-orders.  Maybe I'll get a shipping notice by the end of the month!  Looking forward to it!  MAybe... jjust maybe it'll make it here by Christmas.  Overall... it makes for an exciting time of year!

Cool!  I just opted for the version with 2 controllers and 2 cartridges.  I'm not into these special editions like the Founders or that purple handheld.

 

Still, I hope you enjoy your units once they ship.  :D 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, 7800Knight said:

Cool!  I just opted for the version with 2 controllers and 2 cartridges.  I'm not into these special editions like the Founders or that purple handheld.

 

Still, I hope you enjoy your units once they ship.  :D 

I wasn't crazy to get a Founders Edition but I liked the idea of the whole 6 new collections and the VS System all in a bundle.  I am liking the idea of the black console. 

 

I definitely will be playing my VS when I receive it!  So many collections and don't forget all the hidden goodies to uncover will keep me messing around with it!

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Hydro Thunder You can back him up all you like, it wouldn't change a thing, I'd never use the carts.  I haven't been able to sit down and attempt to enjoy anything more dated than a Colecovision/Famicom(circa 1983) level of quality in the audio visual department coupled with the whole overall lack of depth in a game in a long time.  Just too boring and chunky that I just don't want to bother even making the attempt.  I'm not saying the actual games are bad they're based on, but largely those arcade games I could do better elsewhere, including on evercade even next year as I saw an atari arcade game cart is supposedly coming.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tanooki said:

@Hydro Thunder You can back him up all you like, it wouldn't change a thing, I'd never use the carts.  I haven't been able to sit down and attempt to enjoy anything more dated than a Colecovision/Famicom(circa 1983) level of quality in the audio visual department coupled with the whole overall lack of depth in a game in a long time.  Just too boring and chunky that I just don't want to bother even making the attempt.  I'm not saying the actual games are bad they're based on, but largely those arcade games I could do better elsewhere, including on evercade even next year as I saw an atari arcade game cart is supposedly coming.

Though I may disagree re: depth of a game (at least in ways), I totally understand that it's personal preference.  I personally am totally on board with 2600/ 5200 / 7800, but can't STAND nearly anything on NES, hate how they look, hate the NES controllers, just can't do them.  I know that's not a popular opinion, but it is what it is for me (and as such there's a massive library that I'll never appreciate or get into).

Didn't mean to come off as pushing it (if it's not for you it's not for you), just wanted to mention what games I love on there in case you didn't know what all was contained (in case you thought it was like, IDK, Basic Math, Maze Craze, and Hangman).  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange and you're right, that would be fairly unpopular about the NES compared to those Atari systems.  I could see the controller if looking back you were just very uncomfortable with the d-pad and the rest compared to the earlier more traditional stick and button setup.  I'm trying to wrap my head around the look part but can't and I'm viewing look from both graphical depth but also just the general style largely the games has in 'look' too as far as gameplay elements go. :D

 

And no I'm familiar, used to have a few friends with the old 2600 etc stuff and I've had various lame TV iterations from the 2000~ era forward stuff too as a more modern reminder.  I find I just don't want to work my imagination stretching it that far to qualify the game as what it's interpreting, and largely what's there are just comparatively poor arcade ports or clones.  You do get some stand outs like your pitfall and river raid things, but I'd rather do the real pac-man & donkey kong, or a famicom/coleco version of that than well...ol blocky there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, wolfy62 said:

Volume 1 of Evercade Evolution Magazine is now available on Amazon!

Volume 2 is not for sale there yet.

I have next to my computer both issues one and three.  I'm enjoying them quite a bit!  I'm looking forward to issues 2 and 4 in the coming weeks!

 

Now if my founders edition would ship, I would be super duper happy!  lol  Not sure when it's supposed to ship but it should be soon!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, King_Salamon said:

I have next to my computer both issues one and three.  I'm enjoying them quite a bit!  I'm looking forward to issues 2 and 4 in the coming weeks!

 

Now if my founders edition would ship, I would be super duper happy!  lol  Not sure when it's supposed to ship but it should be soon!

I ordered my Founders edition super early and it is supposed to arrive here in California tomorrow. 

Yours will not be far behind!

When did you order Issue #1?

I just discovered it was available yesterday. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, wolfy62 said:

I ordered my Founders edition super early and it is supposed to arrive here in California tomorrow. 

Yours will not be far behind!

When did you order Issue #1?

I just discovered it was available yesterday. 

I ordered issue #1 last week and received it last Friday.  Pretty quick turnaround.  

 

As for the Founders Edition... I ordered it on day two or three when the pre-orders went live.  I haven't received an email from Funstock yet though so it seems like it hasn't been shipped yet.  Regardless... I'm still hoping to receive it by Christmas.  :)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My FE arrived on Sunday. Beautiful bit of kit. UI is clean, well thought out and easy to use, controllers feel a bit light but work really well, the whole thing is extraordinary well presented, and overall I couldn't be happier.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Evercade VS arrived today. It's a great set of first impressions! My wife even thought it was great.

 

One downside so far, maybe even a bit of a scandal:

 

The Atari Arcade 1 cart doesn't contain Asteroids Deluxe per all the descriptions, which means the menu is wrong.

The actual game is Asteroids.

Triangle spaceship.

Hyperspace.

No shields.

© 1979.

 

280161029_evercadearcadeasteroids.thumb.png.125a79fb999b29c0a0d6955236269cb2.png

 

😕

  • Like 2
  • Sad 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, MrZarniwoop said:

My Evercade VS arrived today. It's a great set of first impressions! My wife even thought it was great.

 

Was this a founders edition?  Just wondering when you received the funstock email stating when it was shipped?  K havent received an email from Funstock yet but I'll be one of the last systems shipped as I waited to pre-order.

 

If you ordered a standard white VS... then that's a different thing.  lol

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, King_Salamon said:

Was this a founders edition?  Just wondering when you received the funstock email stating when it was shipped?\

Founders' Edition, Funstock "Your order is on the way!" email and DHL showed shipped 11/26 arrived in Chicago 12/2

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The new games are supposed to be released next Friday here (France), but the Data East cart is missing on Amazon for some reason. 😕

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...