IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

Renovation collection looks really interesting!  Gremlin seems a bit lacking for me... 2 soccer titles doesn't help as there are plenty soccer games already on the system.  lol

I know I'll preorder these two eventually anyway.  Who knows, I'll likely discover a gem where I least expected it!

• Like 2

10 hours ago, 7800Knight said:

I see posters in Canada and Arizona, USA got their Evercade Vs. units shipped.  I'm in North Dakota...I'm paying attention to my inbox to see when my Vs. unit ships.

Did you order a Founders VS from Funstock?  These are the ones that I believe are currently shipping as Funstock received their stock last week in the UK.

If you ordered from a North American retailer, I believe mid to late January is when they will be shipping.

And I've been tracking my shipment and it's in Canada now... it looks like it should make the estimated delivery date of Dec 23 after all!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, King_Salamon said:

Not only did it arrive before the 23rd... it just arrived this afternoon!

Not even going to set up the console this evening.  I think i'm going to play Intellivision on my handheld tonight!  lol

I wish I could say the same. Mine is scheduled to arrive on the 22nd. It hasn't arrived yet and the tracking information stopped updating on the 19th.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, RREDDWARFF said:

I wish I could say the same. Mine is scheduled to arrive on the 22nd. It hasn't arrived yet and the tracking information stopped updating on the 19th.

Hopefully you receive yours tomorrow as scheduled!  I didn't get to my Intellivision collection last night as I had hoped but tonight I will get to it... maybe even hook up the VS and try it out!

Keep us posted!  

• Thanks 1

Just wanted to drop a quick post about the Intellivision collection 1.... it is amazing!  Played it last night and will be doing so again this evening!  So many fun titles to choose from and I will explore more titles on it today.  

Night Stalker is just as fun as I remember.  I'll play more of it today.  lol  The homebrew was an interesting Ghosts and Goblins tribute.  Liked it as well.  Snafu is a beauty and Thunder Castle is bonkers fun!  I think it's a top tier title on the Intellivision!  It seems the same thing is happening with my Evercade... I put in a new cartridge and it tends to stay in there for a long period of time (even though I have several other brand new carts to play!).

Now... future thinking here about Intellivision Collection 2... it must... MUST include AD&D Cloudy Mountain!  That will be the killer game for my Evercade!

• Like 4

18 hours ago, RREDDWARFF said:

Yep, it's official. My Evercade console made it all the way to my city, was put on the truck for delivery yesterday and now it's lost. They have no idea where it is.

I know the box it's in is small but not so small to get lost easily.  Is your item delivered with DHL?  I was watching the van on my phone to see where it was in my neighbourhood the other day.  Stopped watching and an hour or two later, the guy dropped it off.  I was thinking you could track the delivery van but if it's now lost... well that just plain sucks!

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, King_Salamon said:

I know the box it's in is small but not so small to get lost easily.  Is your item delivered with DHL?  I was watching the van on my phone to see where it was in my neighbourhood the other day.  Stopped watching and an hour or two later, the guy dropped it off.  I was thinking you could track the delivery van but if it's now lost... well that just plain sucks!

DHL opened a claim for me and they are looking into it. I also contacted Funstock. No rush really, I just hope it eventually gets here.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

Say @roots.genoa, is this by any chance what happened to you? I have been holding off on upgrading until I finish some games…

CAC1B2D6-53AE-45D8-A2F2-3B5E06A1E5AB.thumb.jpeg.e3a1280740d0fad33b349b3f4a70feff.jpeg

Seems a little different for me. The thing is, I always picked "last save" and it wouldn't work (it's greyed out anyway). So apparently I need to launch the game first, then go back to the menu and load the quick save, and I indeed get my old save back (but the time is not 00:00:00 btw, it's the right time). That being said, it seems that when I chose "last save" first, I deleted the quick save and lost my save. ?

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

Yikes!! Reusing save slot 1 as quick save seems dangerous for that reason. Did it auto save??

I don't know. I loaded the old saves that I found and saved them in slot 2.

Since I was using the first save from the older system, I guess it became the quick save (the new slot 1) but even though it was technically the last save I used, the last save was always greyed out on the game page. Since this last save (and quick save) didn't exist previously, I assume the new firmware doesn't pick any save as the last one, which may be the cause of the bug. I'm pretty sure I saved in Arkagis and couldn't find any save. But once again, no big deal. I could retrieve my save from Chip's Challenge which was the game I played the most without beating it, and I'm not even sure I'll resume my game because it's starting to be a little too difficult for me (later levels are more about dodging enemies than puzzle).

• Like 2

The 6 new Evercade carts are finally released today in France, but Amazon is gonna ship them in three groups. Ironically, I'll get the Data East one first (for a long time its profile disappeared from Amazon France), today! Well, the second shipment with Bitmap Brothers, Gaelco, and Technos should arrive today too, but in another package. The third one with Intellivision and Atari carts (aka the old crap :P ) has not shipped yet.

• Like 2

A while back I was on my way to the doctor (again),  when I realized I couldn't easily take my Evercade because I didn't have a readily available carry case for it (At that point), not even a soft case.    That got me thinking...

Now,  it's not that I'm hard to please but sometimes I just know what I like, so take all opinions heretofore with a grain of salt (and beer)...

So...What do you guys do for a case for the Evercade?

On eBay is the Official one. 

s-l1600.jpg

But this thing looks like denim??

Well, I don't live in a trailer park,  even if I do have a car rusting under a cover to the side of the house, ...Although it does remind me of my Thrash days and the denim jean jackets  we used to wear,  (Battle Jackets?  I think I heard that's what the kids call'em haha),  But I don't have a spare Anthrax patch so...Next!

Saw another on Amazon,

81o0ZtkkjxL._AC_SL1500_.jpg&f=1&nofb=1

Let's look at this.  It looks heavy duty,  not armored, flight-case heavy duty, but good enough;  I don't mind the interior,  but outside,  it's got Rococo architecture with bas relief sculpted molding showing D-Pads in all the wrong spots and analog sticks up the yang sometimes upside down, all in an ugly-ass gray denim looking color.  Looks like the carpet in a budget optical.  What kind of crack were they smoking when they made this?  Next!

Here's some cases I already own;

(Ignore the mess,  wait,  ignore the messes!) 

Here's one of my GameBoy Advance cases...Awesome!  And I have another one like it somewhere,  but couldn't find it.

20220101_224907.thumb.jpg.35010ae4292ffb35a6ead6f9a80a7cca.jpg

But,  it's already being used and I'm being lazy and don't want to find another spot for those games!

20220101_225132.thumb.jpg.2fec77add0bcf8dd402e0b11f3180747.jpg    D'oh!

Then I remembered my CaseLogic soft case on my dresser.  I think their actual use was for cassette tapes, but I use them for video games.  I know I have one that has my NeoGeo Pocket Color and games in it,  then there's this one...

20220101_225540.thumb.jpg.aeeda58d28f9b100ee12b14e4434dcb2.jpg

And it's also filled with games!

20220101_230045.thumb.jpg.2e25b8a5af98499b93a2f74e727b704f.jpg

Again I feel like being lazy...

So I ordered a red one from eBay...It's only a soft case,  so I'll have to be careful,  but the colors match so that's kind of neato!

20220101_230411.thumb.jpg.996dda3d08752110fa0e1abc4a99c914.jpg

Success!  I can also sometimes use it for my GameBoy with the IPS screen.  I should probably get some foam rubber padding to make it a tight fit...Or,  Now I can dump the GB/GBC/GBA games into the soft case,  and use the hardshell GBA SP case for the Evercade if I need to...

20220101_234346.thumb.jpg.c0a8d9694d101f7a49b746c8889d897b.jpg

• Like 3

7 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I do love the official case. It’s not denim, it’s some synthetic material. The console has a nice padded sleeve and I can fit nine cartridges in the front pocket. My only complaint is that I wish it had a carrying strap. I need to sew one on one of these days.

Yep, this is the one I have too.  Fits the charging cable and a buncha carts pretty easily, got mine from Songbird.  It's very compact and that's what I like most about it, a perfect fit so it doesn't take up too much room when traveling.

• Like 6