IGNORED

Evercade?!

Video

16 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

https://evercade.info/vs-secrets-and-easter-eggs/

Meanwhile, Evercade posted a new teaser on Facebook that seems to be for a Jaleco arcade collection. It played sounds from Saint Dragon and music that sounds vaguely familiar. There are a lot of great games in that catalog…

I don’t think I’ve played their Super Scaler games but I would love to try them!

Ohhhh, I get it. I thought you were saying that the unlocked games would not exist or be accessible any longer after a while. Haha, I misunderstood. Thanks for all this info; I really appreciate it.

• Like 2

Holy wow! What lineups!

Jaleco Arcade 1:
- Rod Land
- The Astyanax
- Saint Dragon
- 64th Street: A Detective Story
- E.D.F. Earth Defence Force
- Avenging Spirit
- CyBattler
- P-47: The Phantom Fighter

Gaelco Arcade 2:
- Big Karnak
- Maniac Square
- Squash
- TH Strikes Back: Thunder Hoop 2
- Touch and Go
- World Rally 2

I wonder what they are doing about the nudity in Thunder Hoop 2, but all in all those are amazing collections.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jgkspsx said:

I wonder what they are doing about the nudity in Thunder Hoop 2, but all in all those are amazing collections.

Most of the time they put a dipswitch or softdip in for it. ...but manual says not this time (link)

Google so far isn't showing me anything that isn't street legal--but don't worry, I'll keep searching. ;)

5 hours ago, 7800Knight said:

We were right!!  The next arcade collections will be a Jaleco collection AND a 2nd Gaelco collection!!

Two New Arcade Collections Coming this July! Jaleco Arcade 1 and Gaelco Arcade 2 - Evercade : Evercade

Good stuff.  Gotta love what Evercade is doing.  Retro really done right imo.

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, jgkspsx said:

I ordered with Asteroite and 8bit Slicks so I figured mine might be delayed. @Songbird is a busy man lately.

I know he's busy before you mentioned it. I'm looking forward to look at what he has at his booth tomorrow at the Midwest Gaming Classic since I'm a Lynx owner.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RREDDWARFF said:

Did anyone here order Renovation Collection from Songbird? If so, did you get yours and about how long ago?

Thanks

I ordered both a couple months back from Songbird and I figured they would arrive in early May.

However,I ordered Two VS. Controllers at the same time.

I hope that doesn't further delay my order!

I Also ordered the Intellivision 2 cart and the other new one but I am really in no hurry to get any of them really.

So many other games to play,so little time!?

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, 8th lutz said:

I know he's busy before you mentioned it. I'm looking forward to look at what he has at his booth tomorrow at the Midwest Gaming Classic since I'm a Lynx owner.

I received a reply email from Songbird. Let me say first that Carl has always been a nice guy. Always kind and quick to answer any questions; I really appreciate that. Anyway, here's what he said:

"Hi, Jason!

We haven't forgotten about you. :) Our distributor just confirmed our stock is finally shipping out next week. So we'll start filling orders first half of May. Sorry this has taken so long -- thanks for your patience!"

I agree with you Wolfy, no rush. I just wanted to make sure I didn't get lost in the shuffle somewhere. 

Edited by RREDDWARFF
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, 7800Knight said:

I looked up all the games - we have a good mix of platformers, shooters, sports and racing games.  These would be worth grabbing!

I'm still waiting for the first Gaelco and Atari arcade collections to come back on Songbird.

I have had a blast with Snowboarding and World Rally on Gaelco 1.

Excited to play World Rally 2 on Gaelco 2. Great game!

Both of the next two arcade collections do appear to have a nice variety of games for sure. 

• Like 3

I love my Evercade. The only thing that’s disappointed me so far are those arcade cartridges. The Data East cartridge isn’t bad (It has Burgertime! Yes!) but the Technos Arcade Cartridge Collection 1 is really bad imho. Maybe its just me or my Evercade, but the controls in Double Dragon II are horrible. DD3 was - and always will be - a toilet bobber of a game. It’s absolutely terrible.

When Blaze Entertainment mentioned arcade cartridges, I was thinking more along the lines of Sega (i.e. Thunderblade, Super Hang-on, Altered Beast, Death Adder’s Revenge, etc) than what we have received so far.

When I wrote to Blaze about exactly that, they said I would be ‘very happy’ with their next arcade cartridge line-up for the Evercade. Sadly they never said why I would be happy, nor did they hint at what those arcade cartridges would be. So… ? 

Edited by ColecoGamer
Fixed typeo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, ColecoGamer said:

The Data East cartridge isn’t bad (It has Burgertime! Yes!) but the Technos Arcade Cartridge Collection 1 is really bad

I like the Data East arcade collection.  I wasn't crazy about the Technos arcade collection.  These multi carts are hit and miss.  But that's the way it goes.  

• Like 3

4 hours ago, ColecoGamer said:

When Blaze Entertainment mentioned arcade cartridges, I was thinking more along the lines of Sega (i.e. Thunderblade, Super Hang-on, Altered Beast, Death Adder’s Revenge, etc) than what we have received so far.

I wouldn't expect SEGA, Capcom, Konami, Taito, or even another Namco cart. These Japanese publishers are very hard to get for a company like Blaze unfortunately.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

I imagine the Japanese are just being traditionally tight as they are, they'll do their own thing on their own time and without outside interference which was why the couple of famicom game packs was a surprise, and also why they got crappy about regional selling and ending the contract on the two too.

I think that Jaleco one could be fun.  I have to be 100% honest though, I haven't used it but once or twice since February, too much has come along on my plate, and with nothing new to tinker with, and Renovation cart stuck in amazon hell I've just been off the whole thing.  Not saying I would have, but I wouldn't be surprised if this was last year if on a whim I would have just ebay'd the stuff off to break even and just enjoy the time I had which is pathetic.  Considering actually doing that (local though) with my r-zone stuff and my timetop gameking too, did pull my second fixed virtual boy.  I'm so over baggage. :)

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

For anyone who hasn't been able to get the Renovation cart.  Most of the games in that collection can be played on Ant Stream.  It's a free video game service.  I use it and I've seen a lot of the same games on there that are on these multi carts.  So, I just thought I would share this info with all of you.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1