Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Aunty Entity

Penetrator

Recommended Posts

No its not some kind of sex toy.  If it is, you're in the wrong place. :P

 

She's a side scrolling shooter. Reminds me of a cross between

the old arcade job scramble and I'm still having a mental blank

of the A2 game that has "Attack the Tank" in it...

 

Fly through a series of caverns, avoiding missiles, blowing said

missiles and radar stations up. With laser or bombs.

 

I've popped it up on TLP. You'll find it in the http pages, ftp or

the BBS itself if you can download from there.

http://tlp.zapto.org

 

or get it from the horses mouth

 

https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FStewBC%2Fpenetrator-apple2%2Freleases&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEfZcbcG9bpaMJvS1eXSaGL_uYG0g

 

A

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Aunty Entity said:

No its not some kind of sex toy.  If it is, you're in the wrong place. :P

 

She's a side scrolling shooter. Reminds me of a cross between

the old arcade job scramble and I'm still having a mental blank

of the A2 game that has "Attack the Tank" in it...

 

Fly through a series of caverns, avoiding missiles, blowing said

missiles and radar stations up. With laser or bombs.

 

I've popped it up on TLP. You'll find it in the http pages, ftp or

the BBS itself if you can download from there.

http://tlp.zapto.org

 

or get it from the horses mouth

 

https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FStewBC%2Fpenetrator-apple2%2Freleases&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEfZcbcG9bpaMJvS1eXSaGL_uYG0g

 

A

There is a game for the Apple II where you attack a tank, but you can also bomb a radar and a few other things. It's called Star Blazer and here is the link to a zip file of it: ftp://ftp.apple.asimov.net/pub/apple_II/images/games/action/starblaz.zip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, magnusfalkirk said:

There is a game for the Apple II where you attack a tank, but you can also bomb a radar and a few other things. It's called Star Blazer and here is the link to a zip file of it: ftp://ftp.apple.asimov.net/pub/apple_II/images/games/action/starblaz.zip

That is the one I was trying to think of.... Thank-you!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, Aunty Entity said:

No its not some kind of sex toy.  If it is, you're in the wrong place. :P

 

She's a side scrolling shooter. Reminds me of a cross between

the old arcade job scramble and I'm still having a mental blank

of the A2 game that has "Attack the Tank" in it...

 

Fly through a series of caverns, avoiding missiles, blowing said

missiles and radar stations up. With laser or bombs.

 

I've popped it up on TLP. You'll find it in the http pages, ftp or

the BBS itself if you can download from there.

http://tlp.zapto.org

 

or get it from the horses mouth

 

https://www.google.com/url?q=https%3A%2F%2Fgithub.com%2FStewBC%2Fpenetrator-apple2%2Freleases&sa=D&sntz=1&usg=AFQjCNEfZcbcG9bpaMJvS1eXSaGL_uYG0g

 

A

I need to log into the bbs and download it purely via my Apple IIe just to see if I can manage it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/21/2020 at 2:05 AM, deepthaw said:

I need to log into the bbs and download it purely via my Apple IIe just to see if I can manage it. 

Don't know how you went, but over TCP, x-modem seems to be the most reliable... but even that's not what I'd call 90% despite my hopes when putting the file areas back, it remains more effective to FTP or HTTP them, but you're welcome to try. Let us know how you go.

 

A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Aunty Entity said:

Don't know how you went, but over TCP, x-modem seems to be the most reliable... but even that's not what I'd call 90% despite my hopes when putting the file areas back, it remains more effective to FTP or HTTP them, but you're welcome to try. Let us know how you go.

 

A

I've not had a chance yet (been too busy with housework to tinker with the A2E) but I was able to transfer several files off Captain's Quarters with both Y-Modem and X-Modem. I'm using a WiModem232 and I think he uses TCPser on a Raspberry Pi.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My BBS setup is a bit more convoluted, on the local network I can convince files to download, but remote users have been super hit and miss between nothing working and z-modem working.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...