IGNORED

Wireless?

I know I have my wireless setup with a bunch of adapters and its great for some games like pacman.  And all the 8bitdo stuff is awesome.  But not having the keypad with you is a setback.  Its only for starting the game and reseting or pausing.  But still would be nice to have wireless keypad on the sofa so no getting up.  

Did gameport back in the day ever have a wireless?  I know 2600 had a wireless bulky box and 2 controllers.  But did gameport have nay wireless?  if not I have the bohoki gameprot adapter.  But how hard would it be to make a wireless 15 pin adapter?  Too bad 8bitdo does not have one.

Edited by 0078265317

Then maybe not.  Or what would happened if I plugged a cx85 keypad into my 5200 masterplay clone?  I know it has a keypad but I am thinking of another purpose.  Would it work at all?

And regarding controllers were sega mark 3 controllers analog or digital?  And was amiga power stick analog or digital?  

And would this work in my 2600 or my 5200 masterplay clone? I know its a lot but curious if it would even work.  Looks cool.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/124077718872

I don't have a CX85... but I would say it is not properly wired for being compatible with the 5200 when plugged into a M.P. Clone. 

Sega Mark 3 controllers are digital and can work with the Sega Master System, so like any Master System controller they'll work on the 5200 with a M.P. Clone. 

The Amiga Powerstick is digital, as are all Atari 2600 joysticks. 

That joystick you showed an image of will work on a 5200 with the M.P. Clone. 

The rockfire looks nice.  But that is not what I need.  That is only for those controllers not others.  

Maybe is it possible to make a 9 pin keypad that plugs into my masterly clone.  I know it already has one.  But then I can do true wireless finally.

Or would wico keypad 5200 work since its 9 pin.  Or not5 in the masterplay clone.

the 15 to 9 pin you showed i believe is for a specific joystick that has ibm and apple compatability the 15 to 9 pin you showed i believe is for a specific joystick that has ibm and apple compatability the reson i belive this is because the apple joystick uses pins 1,2,5 on the top row an atari used 1,2,3,4 and not 5

21 minutes ago, bohoki said:

the 15 to 9 pin you showed i believe is for a specific joystick that has ibm and apple compatability the 15 to 9 pin you showed i believe is for a specific joystick that has ibm and apple compatability the reson i belive this is because the apple joystick uses pins 1,2,5 on the top row an atari used 1,2,3,4 and not 5

Great also can the keypad I linked be wired for a 9 pin port instead of 15 so I can use it in my masterplay clone.

1 minute ago, bohoki said:

you can make an adapter to use a atari keypad but in order to use every column you need to disconnect a resistor inside and a keypad does not have enough buttons

The 4x4 has enough buttons.  An 2600 star raiders key would be nice but missing start pause and reset.

You made some 15 pin keypads one and my masterplay has a keypad.  So it can be made I just need 9 pin instead 15.

Or this ikonsgr74 adapter and then your pc adapter with some gender changers.  And 5200 controller on one side of the adapter 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/15Pin-PC-Joystick-Converter-Adapter-For-9pin-Amiga-Atari-Commodore-Amstrad-MSX-/272222183107?nav=SEARCH

55 minutes ago, bohoki said:

i dont understand what you are trying to do maybe you could slowly explain cause i am dumb

if you are trying to make a wireless keypad sorry i got nothing

Yes I am trying to do a wireless keypad.  I know its not feasible.  But I never thought any wirelss was possible on 2600 or 5200 or 7800.  So I think I can do it someday.  The keypads already exists.  It would just be a simple matter of wiring them for a 9 pin.  Or the star raiders 2600 keypad was usable on 5200 here there was another thread.  Just a start pause and reset would be needed.  Should not be too hard to add.  I mean if my masterplay keyboard connects into my 5200 how hard would it be to just change that to 9 pin.  Or a 15 to 9 pin adapter.  I got the rest taken care of.

Masterplay clone accepts 9 pin controllers.  And coupled with an 8bitdo genesis 9 pin receiver it talks to the 8 bit gbros adapter.  It has two connections one on each side.  One wiimote and one gamecube.  A wii classic controller or nunchuck works great and its wireless.  Or a nes or sees controller works great for paceman for example with hyperkinetic nes and snes to wii mote adapters.  The gbros slips in my pocket and is much smaller than a wiimote and then I can play pacman wirelessly off my sofa or standing up.  Its a lot of adapters but its wireless and I don't have to sit right next to the Atari.  And no worry about the pins after many uses of plugging and unplugging.

Except no keypad so when I need to start, pause or reset I have to get up.  But I went to raphnet and got the wiimote to Atari adapter.  I thought I ordered that but I  got the gamecube connection instead.  But still fits into the gbros and then If I plug in my seagull78 into my 2600 and the genesis 8bitdo adapter into that it powers on.  Then talks to my gbros and syncs in 10 seconds or so.  Then I plug my original CX-40 into the Atari to gamecube adapter and that in my gbros.  Then my CX-40 becomes wireless.  A lot less bulky than old rf wireless box back in the day.  And I can use any 2600 controller or genesis.  

The same Atari to gamecube adapter can connect to the gbros in my 5200 setup and a 9 pin keypad can connect to that so I can do start pause and reset and the rest of the keypad.  But if a 9 pin keypad is not possible then I will just live with the current setup.  Some wireless is still better than none.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 0078265317 said:

Yes start pause or reset I guess.  But what about the numbers plus * and #?

The whole keypad is supported for either 3 buuton or 6 button controller.

All the project is open-source/open hardware and it will cost you basically the price of the components, all available on-line incliding the PCB that is shared on OSHPark. If you don't have experience to assemble it you can ask a friend to do so.