Sign in to follow this  

5 bucks.

I saw this on eBay.  I know these days this kinda of vintage stuff is expensive on eBay.  But back then it was expensive too wasn't it?  There is a sticker attached from KMART 5 bucks.  I know KMART was cheap back then.  But I could not imagine them even selling a keypad for 5 bucks.  Especially name brand.  Seems too cheap even for them back then.  Or were accessories not that much back then compared to the full system?

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Atari-CX85-Numeric-Keypad-NOS-Open-box/274194165675?hash=item3fd73eefab:g:zjwAAOSw-IheF49r

The large number where the $5.00 price tag is hints that it was $119.00.  I'm guessing this went down to clearance pricing at some point when the system wasn't selling anymore.  And it also would have been in a box, most likely encased in styrofoam.

• Like 1

I saw that number but the dollar sign was gadded so I did not think that was a price.  Anyhow 119 or 124 even then just for a keypad was a lot.

Well, if it was bundled with bookkeeping software as mr_me wrote, original price of $125 doesn't seem that bad. After all, this doesn't seem to have been a kids' toy. I agree with that it probably was sold for $119 at one point, and perhaps by the very late 80's or even early 90's, they had a massive clearout at $5.