IGNORED

CORCOMP "THE REAL TI/IBM CONNECTION"

gpaJeb

This cartridge was released and it worked reasonably well, but PC Transfer was released on disk at about the same time, and the disk program was less expensive (and more capable) than the cartridge, so it didn't sell very well. I bought one from Tenex BITD and used it off and on for years to transfer text files.

• Like 3

Does the program support the standard TI disk controller? The docs make no mention of it. 

I can see how this would have been a very useful program in its day. One could be working on a report at work and then come home and continue the project on the TI. Same with spreadsheet data...

3 hours ago, Vorticon said:

Does the program support the standard TI disk controller? The docs make no mention of it. 

I can see how this would have been a very useful program in its day. One could be working on a report at work and then come home and continue the project on the TI. Same with spreadsheet data...

I used PC Transfer back in the mid to late 1980s with a CorComp controller to transfer the text of the TI Forth Manual from TI-Writer disks (90KiB disks supplied by the MANNERS TI user group) to DSDD PC disks in order to convert to WordPerfect format to, eventually, publish a cleaned-up, corrected document. That project languished (with some work here and there) until after I retired in 2009. I then picked it back up in earnest and, using Open Office Org Writer, published my edited version as a PDF in 2013 (see the development resources thread to download it). I owe it all to PC Transfer for making the project possible!

...lee

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1