IGNORED

looking for Stompers or Rough Riders 4x4 toys

dodge ramman

Looking for some Stompers or Rough Riders 4x4 toys from the early 80's. I was telling my wife about having them as a kid and she had no idea what I was talking about! My older brother has mine and Is going to drop it off the next time he comes to visit! I only have one Stomper and one Rough Rider. I looked on Fleebay and they want war prices for them! I have a couple excellent condition, non modded, working 7800 consoles that I would be willing to trade If someone has some that they would like to trade for! Also may be willing to trade one 7800 console for a TurboGfx 16 console, I don't want to sale them, I would rather deal here on Atari age then Fleebay! I want to show my wife and kids and maybe get to have some play time with them as a family! Thank You!

I myself know the value of these stomper's and honestly a 7800 console is not going to be enough to trade for a REAL GOOD stomper truck

7800 console's are a dime a dozen compared to how RARE a stomper is,best bet is to sell 7800 for cash and then try to deal for a stomper,nobody want's to give up stompers cheap

Myself i know the value I personally have my ORIGINAL BLUE BOX stomper truck pull set complete

Believe me i know what this stuff is worth; you are on the right track,it's just that 7800 console go cheap compared to a GOOD stomper toy.

Edited by orrko8791
typo error

2 hours ago, orrko8791 said:

I myself know the value of these stomper's and honestly a 7800 console is not going to be enough to trade for a REAL GOOD stomper truck

7800 console's are a dime a dozen compared to how RARE a stomper is,best bet is to sell 7800 for cash and then try to deal for a stomper,nobody want's to give up stompers cheap

Myself i know the value I personally have my ORIGINAL BLUE BOX stomper truck pull set complete

Believe me i know what this stuff is worth; you are on the right track,it's just that 7800 console go cheap compared to a GOOD stomper toy.

Thank you for your input and information, Its just hard for me to understand how Stompers can be RARE as people call them when they were made from 1981 to 2001, I mean 20 years of production is quite a long time! Now I do agree about a boxed or sealed package unit, But a loose used unit is a different story! I don't know maybe I will try to find a Atari 7800 retail box and make one of them a CIB thing! Seems to me the production run on the 7800's was a much shorter time and therefore less were made! But what do I know? lol I only ever had one Stomper and one Rough Rider! I do also have the one of the complete tracks some where! There was a brand that came out several years ago called Defiants that some say are very similar to Stompers! Thank you and have a wonderful day!

Edited by dodge ramman

They're not rare, they're just rare in the shape he's using as an example.  If you want one that has a strong motor, looks fairly fresh out of the box loved, if not still in the box, you'll pay dearly,  These toys weren't meant to last, at least not long, they were meant to get rolled over sets or actual rocks and dips, take falls to a point and hit the ground (and if not wheels kst ceep going.)  Often you'll find them with a busted or weak motor, chipped or chipped off plastic bits, dead lights or light inside, rusted out battery boxes from water or battery acid, you name it.  I come across them ever so often and they've always been a few dollars and on their last legs.  At one point I cobbled a good one together but couldn't get a top to match it.  I may not be familiar with the value of a 7800 console, but unless you're looking for a minty awesome Stomper it shouldn't cost that much if you just want a fairly clean one that works or can be displayed for fun.

Just keep checking your ebay values and watch for stupidly low priced/accidental bins or badly written stuff that misses bids, also facebook market place, offer up, etc.  You'll find something, eventually.

16 hours ago, Tanooki said:

They're not rare, they're just rare in the shape he's using as an example.  If you want one that has a strong motor, looks fairly fresh out of the box loved, if not still in the box, you'll pay dearly,  These toys weren't meant to last, at least not long, they were meant to get rolled over sets or actual rocks and dips, take falls to a point and hit the ground (and if not wheels kst ceep going.)  Often you'll find them with a busted or weak motor, chipped or chipped off plastic bits, dead lights or light inside, rusted out battery boxes from water or battery acid, you name it.  I come across them ever so often and they've always been a few dollars and on their last legs.  At one point I cobbled a good one together but couldn't get a top to match it.  I may not be familiar with the value of a 7800 console, but unless you're looking for a minty awesome Stomper it shouldn't cost that much if you just want a fairly clean one that works or can be displayed for fun.

Just keep checking your ebay values and watch for stupidly low priced/accidental bins or badly written stuff that misses bids, also facebook market place, offer up, etc.  You'll find something, eventually.

Thank you, No not looking for a minty awesome Stomper! I'm a proponent of "It's made to be used and not set on a shelf!" I'm the same way with games! A sealed game does me no good! They were made to be played! Oh well maybe Ill look into the Tamiya 1/32 scale kits, or something else! Thank you for your input! 

5 hours ago, dodge ramman said:

Thank you, No not looking for a minty awesome Stomper! I'm a proponent of "It's made to be used and not set on a shelf!" I'm the same way with games! A sealed game does me no good! They were made to be played! Oh well maybe Ill look into the Tamiya 1/32 scale kits, or something else! Thank you for your input! 

No problem.  Honestly as cheap as they are just as intact, functional, not struggling, beaters(player toys) I wouldn't put more than an average decent gameboy games price of value into it.  Look at the ebay sold values (pre shipped) and you'll see what i mean for a working one to enjoy, and less in a lot too.

When i stated GOOD Stomper,i was directing that at the EARLY 1980's stompers,not the next newer generation called Rough Riders I believe,

The early ORIGINAL stomper trucks have the heavy price tags,They are just like early atari games;Something RARE like music machine for the atari 2600.That is the level these toys are on,the real good stuff was made pretty early then as time when on newer versions were made and not quite like the early original models.

I think the Tamyia 1/32 scale Mini's are a close match and I can build them and make them as I like! Not a stomper or rough rider but does the same thing! And that's what its about anyway! It might be a better route as I can build them and personalize them to my young son's wants and needs!

Edited by dodge ramman
typo

2 hours ago, orrko8791 said:

When i stated GOOD Stomper,i was directing that at the EARLY 1980's stompers,not the next newer generation called Rough Riders I believe,

The early ORIGINAL stomper trucks have the heavy price tags,They are just like early atari games;Something RARE like music machine for the atari 2600.That is the level these toys are on,the real good stuff was made pretty early then as time when on newer versions were made and not quite like the early original models.

not a problem!