IGNORED

HSC17 Round 4 Poll

therealbountybob

More classics - Mutli-pick before voting!  

25 members have voted

1. 1. More classics - Mutli-pick before voting!

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/02/2020 at 08:00 PM

Round 4 Poll

Another batch of some of the best games that will survive a single HSC round on their own. Remember to check all the ones you like before clicking the vote button!

Round 3 Mr Do! is still open for another week, if you missed it or R1 Joust or R2 Donkey Kong post late scores and join in on the current round. Add your favourites to the Season 17 Welcome and Games Suggestions thread.

Multi-pick polls this season so vote for as many or as few as you wish, the winning game will be played and the runner up(s) are re-polled next time. Poll ends Sunday 1st March

Atarimania has info on the games, I've posted links to Fandal's site below but Atarionline.pl usually has several versions of each game or try the excellent Homesoft site.

Please join in and post or message me if you need any help at all

trbb

Bristles

Get the roller's in for this superb platformer (can;t find any nice screenshots for this one)

Download XEX

bristles.png.2a7b98598d6536aa574df2815444b864.png

Gyruss

Runner up in R3 poll. Now we have a bug fixed XEX version thanks to Wilheim :thumbsup:

Download XEX / Download+Info on atariage thread

image.png.d655a1e8036dd6583b93c4734074b334.png

Boulderdash II

25th aniversary ver shown (same gameplay)

Download XEX

boulderdash_ii_25th_anniversary.png.99787c6901f8e433d5ced98c8410de4a.png

Bosconian

Superb shooter

Download: 130XE XEX ver on fandal various NTSC/PAL/64K versions on atarionline.pl

bosconian.png.8ce41db4cd4a3bf3cd0d46c287424dd9.png

Super PacMan
Joint 2nd runner up from R3 poll. Like Block on Legs he can change size when he eats a pill, wish I'd thought of that :o

Download XEX (PAL fixed)

image.png.8612d5fc3295d4d2eeef3289eb638436.png
Yoomp!

Joint 2nd runner up from R3 and runner up from R2 Polls - One of the best games from modern times. Bounce down the 3d tunnels and don't fall off!

Download XEX

image.png.b1155be669317fe6813fc4b8c331fd80.png

Up'n Down

Jumping cars what more do you want?!!

Fandal fixed the PAL version for us last time we played it, though it is a bit slower now. (see my review in Pro(c) Mag :-D

Download XEX

upn_down.png.cf52c8fe4cb57665c1862deacb293202.png 

Same one but it's such a good game I put it back in! Trying to give the favourite games some competition in the polls and it looks like it's working! I'm surprised BD II is doing so well. We're burning through a lot of the games but if people prefer one game then we will play the better games, will re-poll some of those we have passed over again soon ;-)

How about one MAIN GAME (as above and is great) and ONE sub game picked from random list.

And make it that you can only pick one game in your voting. Unless we make it a proportional vote.

I dont understand why some voters, vote for every game in a poll therefore nullifying their own vote ? (On occasions) Seems pointless to me.

ONE VOTE! makes your decesion more qualified IMO.

RT

(Even I have voted for more on occasion)

Edited by RedThunder

I voted for all as they are all good ones that I wanted to play! Don't mess with the system, things are going well! This way we can see what is popular rather than tactical voting ususally a two horse race, plus when end up with only a few players each game gets 1 or two votes!

We'll have our first bonus game when we get something that might not keep us busy for the full 2 weeks :thumbsup:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, therealbountybob said:

I voted for all as they are all good ones that I wanted to play! Don't mess with the system, things are going well! This way we can see what is popular rather than tactical voting ususally a two horse race, plus when end up with only a few players each game gets 1 or two votes!

We'll have our first bonus game when we get something that might not keep us busy for the full 2 weeks :thumbsup:

Good point. Well made. ?

Your right:

"This way we can see what is popular rather than tactical voting ususally a two horse race, plus when end up with only a few players each game gets 1 or two votes!"

RT

• Like 1

I think I like all the games chosen for voting in this round. I voted for Yoomp! though. 

Sorry guys, like the last time I tried to get into the HSC, life made me forget the last couple of rounds, but I intend to catch up this weekend! BUT, at the moment, I only have a 48K NTSC Atari, so I may have to skip some games and catch them up later when I get a >48K machine working again.

Edited by Gunstar
  • Like 1