IGNORED

Putt18 Miniature Golf

Stevaside

Looks like Video 61 has made this for 5200/Atari 8 Bit & is now working on a version for the 7800. If this is old news, forgive me.   Don't think it's exactly my dream game or anything personally, but I haven't noticed anything 7800 specific mentioned here so figured I'd share this video I just saw in my Youtube feed. Happy to see Lance working on new titles regardless & lots of respect to him for keeping at it for so long. I get nostalgic hearing his voice, it reminds me of my very 1st days of collecting, calling the store at my parent's house to order some games back in 1998-1999 haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViizneNGdyY&t=407s

Edited by Stevaside

9 minutes ago, Trebor said:

It has been a couple of years, but definitely mentioned previously. 

Today, it was mentioned here as well.

Always good to see development on the platform.

OK, a couple WIP screenshots were posted over 2 years ago. Either didn't catch that at all or don't remember

Knew I shoulda checked that homebrew thread though, I see now Atari Leaf commented it on earlier with the same video. Guess cuz I searched "Putt18" as 1 word nothing turned up from recent

1 minute ago, Trebor said:

The YouTube video is interesting, but cautioned should be exercised, if not complete avoidance, of the site mentioned in the video regarding development(s):

Capture.thumb.PNG.6724db395c619a7f988c2ee5079080c2.PNG

Yea I got the same too! I was curious about reading the thread there on it, but after I saw that I was like PASS.

That malware warning seems to be Chrome specific as it apparently doesn't occur with Edge or Firefox apparently. Still hasn't been isolated what it triggering it but I've been browsing those forums for months since that started and haven't had anything come across on my system. Speculation right now is that it isn't the Atari.io forums specifically that is the issue, but something else in the wordpress code for the domain.

On 2/25/2020 at 6:28 PM, -^CrossBow^- said:

That malware warning seems to be Chrome specific as it apparently doesn't occur with Edge or Firefox apparently. Still hasn't been isolated what it triggering it but I've been browsing those forums for months since that started and haven't had anything come across on my system. Speculation right now is that it isn't the Atari.io forums specifically that is the issue, but something else in the wordpress code for the domain.

i got it using Firefox & also Safari on my phone

2 hours ago, Stevaside said:

i got it using Firefox & also Safari on my phone

I won't deny that. I do NOT use Firefox or Safari and just always have used Chrome for many years now. It does happen on Chrome, I skip past it and continue anyway to view the site and haven't had any issues with Malware infections from doing so. I only stated that others on those forums have said they were NOT getting the error from Firefox. So I can only go off what others have reported since again, I do not use Firefox.

*Apologies - as my reply sounds pretty rude now that I read it back. I just meant that I was advised it seemed to only be a Chrome issue from posts on the site in question and as I do not use any other browsers to speak of, I didn't know it was coming up on others as well. *

On 2/23/2020 at 7:36 PM, Stevaside said:

Looks like Video 61 has made this for 5200/Atari 8 Bit & is now working on a version for the 7800. If this is old news, forgive me.   Don't think it's exactly my dream game or anything personally, but I haven't noticed anything 7800 specific mentioned here so figured I'd share this video I just saw in my Youtube feed. Happy to see Lance working on new titles regardless & lots of respect to him for keeping at it for so long. I get nostalgic hearing his voice, it reminds me of my very 1st days of collecting, calling the store at my parent's house to order some games back in 1998-1999 haha

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ViizneNGdyY&t=407s

Looks neat.