IGNORED

AtGames 2020 speculation thread

On 11/4/2020 at 10:28 AM, Bill Loguidice said:

For those looking for new Flashbacks, the Legends Core, which we just released info for on our website, is seen as the logical successor. It's the same hardware and almost all of the same features (BYOG, ArcadeNet, USB, online leaderboards, live streaming, connectivity, etc.) that's in our Legends Ultimate and comes bundled with our Legends Gamer series products. You supply your own controller(s).

https://www.atgames.net/arcades/legends-core/

Sounds excellent! I do wonder, though:

- What is the expected price, compared to the old Legends Flashback?

- Will any brick & mortar stores be carrying the Legends Core this year?

Thanks!

I would like to know if there will be any specials for the ATARI FLASHBACK X sold on Black Friday.

In the past few years, the store chain DOLLAR GENERAL has had a special deal on that day.

This year it appears that it there are no deals from what I can determine.

I looked at their print circular on their web site dollargeneral.com but there is nothing listed.

Nothing listed on the atgames.net web site.

1 hour ago, timdu said:

I would like to know if there will be any specials for the ATARI FLASHBACK X sold on Black Friday.

In the past few years, the store chain DOLLAR GENERAL has had a special deal on that day.

I looked at their print circular on their web site dollargeneral.com but there is nothing listed.

Yeah if anyone knows where flashbacks and flashback portables are being sold this year, please post.  Was going to buy several as gifts.

2 hours ago, Cilantro55 said:

Quick question. I have an Atari Flashback 2. I am interested in getting one of the later versions for the additional games (no I am not getting rid of the 2). I saw that Flashback (I think) has Pitfall 2. Is that the only version?

I didn't see it listed for the most recent version...

It is the Atari Flashback 9 Gold version that has Pitfall II: Lost Caverns ( by Activision )

11 hours ago, timdu said:

The X and 2020 atari portable seem shorter is supply this year. Sam's Club has the Legends and X Flashback, I'm not sure anyone has the 2020 Atari Portable anymore. The Sega Genesis Minis are around but seem the same as 2019.

On 11/24/2020 at 9:39 PM, Swami said:

The X and 2020 atari portable seem shorter is supply this year. Sam's Club has the Legends and X Flashback, I'm not sure anyone has the 2020 Atari Portable anymore. The Sega Genesis Minis are around but seem the same as 2019.

On 11/24/2020 at 10:05 AM, timdu said:

Black Friday is upon us and it appears there are no deals to be found for the flashbacks. Is this the beginning of the end?

On 11/27/2020 at 8:49 PM, gsmith601 said:

For those in Midwest, Menards has the Atari Flashback on sale for $39.99.  It was in their Black Friday ad.

I am still hoping to find the portables somewhere.

As far as the 2019 woodgrain portable, I see a used one on eBay for $70 and a new one for $150.

16 hours ago, Swami said:

As far as the 2019 woodgrain portable, I see a used one on eBay for $70 and a new one for $150.

Ebay doesn't count.

Where is the brick and mortar retail store where I can go to in December 2020 to purchase a Flashback X?

Sam's club? I am in Massachusetts and the closest Sam's club is in Hudson, NH and one in CT. I am not travelling that far for this.

Sams club is out of stock online.

Atgames.net is sold out online of everything when you click on flashback.

I am trying to be optimistic, but I am afraid the end of the road has been reached.

Who knows... maybe I will be proved wrong and in 2021 we will see the Flashback 11.  One can dream...

• Like 1

There are no plans for new Flashbacks at this time for 2021. There may be more inventory of the existing models at some point. The focus, for now, going forward is on the Legends Arcade Family products. The Legends Core is intended as a replacement for the Flashback SKUs.

• Like 1

On 12/2/2020 at 6:01 PM, Bill Loguidice said:

There are no plans for new Flashbacks at this time for 2021. There may be more inventory of the existing models at some point. The focus, for now, going forward is on the Legends Arcade Family products. The Legends Core is intended as a replacement for the Flashback SKUs.

Any ETA on the Core?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Draxxon said:

New atari flashback x is at menards. it has newer firmware and the reset button can be accessed from the bottom of the unit, no more opening it up.

Thanks best price i found Amazon 70 bucks and up

On 12/2/2020 at 7:01 PM, Bill Loguidice said:

That is disappointing. The Legends stuff isn't nearly as popular in my area, as the atari flashback and portables. That stuff sits on the shelves forever. Must be different nationally.

7 minutes ago, garyd97 said:

That is disappointing. The Legends stuff isn't nearly as popular in my area, as the atari flashback and portables. That stuff sits on the shelves forever. Must be different nationally.

I'm referring to the Legends Arcade Family products, not the Legends Flashback. The arcade stuff is hugely popular at this time: https://arcades.atgames.net/

• 1 month later...
8 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

So where is this "Legends Core Thingy" at? Did anyone get one?

It's for sale: https://www.atgames.us/. Additional controller profiles will be enabled soon.

https://arcades.atgames.net/

We have a big owners event on the website and official Facebook page this Sunday for those interested. $20,000 worth of prizes and giveaways, sales, new product reveals, etc.

May be a cartoon of text that says 'NATIONAL LEGENDS PINBALL OWNERS DAY ★ 2021 NOD ATOAMES LEGENDS ULTIMATE NOD 2021 LEGENDSGA LEGENDS ARCADE FAMILY OPEN AND CONNECTED GAMING FEBRUARY 14, 2021'

No photo description available.

May be an image of controller

May be an image of 1 person

• Like 1

Gamestop:
Legends Core 

AtGames Release Date: 02/26/2021

That explains why i cant find one. So, I'm guessing the videos i see of them are just the free units they send to the goofball youtube people.
would have been nice to know before I drove all over town looking for one.

Edited by Draxxon
  • Haha 1