Jump to content
TF14

AtGames 2020 speculation thread

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Draxxon said:

Gamestop:
Legends Core 

AtGames Release Date: 02/26/2021

 

That explains why i cant find one. So, I'm guessing the videos i see of them are just the free units they send to the goofball youtube people.
would have been nice to know before I drove all over town looking for one.

 

The Core is in the hands of regular people. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

well the ONLY video reviews i saw were of people who got free units. Im not saying people havent got one, but they didnt buy it at gamestop.

 

so is it online only for another 2 weeks? i need to go to 4 walmarts or 7 dollar generals before i find one like a woodgrain atari portable? I have to figure out for myself where the new units are at like the AFBX2020 at menards and sams? i mean i could go on and on.

I'm just going to wait two weeks and buy one from gamestop, that way if i have to return it, i can with no issues.

Edited by Draxxon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Draxxon said:

well the ONLY video reviews i saw were of people who got free units. Im not saying people havent got one, but they didnt buy it at gamestop.

 

so is it online only for another 2 weeks? i need to go to 4 walmarts or 7 dollar generals before i find one like a woodgrain atari portable? I have to figure out for myself where the new units are at like the AFBX2020 at menards and sams? i mean i could go on and on.

I'm just going to wait two weeks and buy one from gamestop, that way if i have to return it, i can with no issues.

It's not in stores at the moment, just direct from AtGames.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Floating an idea.. in 2 or 3 years  how about 'The Final Flashback" 2600 Deluxe Edition.

Have the latest version of Stella, support SD, include Joysticks, Paddles and Keypad controls.

 

It wouldn't need a ton of hard to license games.  But include a few paddle games and Star Raider.

 

HDMI out of course! 

 

I haven't grabbed an Atari Flashback in several versions.  But I would get this.  Maybe 2 for the controllers alone!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, 1980gamer said:

Floating an idea.. in 2 or 3 years  how about 'The Final Flashback" 2600 Deluxe Edition.

Have the latest version of Stella, support SD, include Joysticks, Paddles and Keypad controls.

 

It wouldn't need a ton of hard to license games.  But include a few paddle games and Star Raider.

 

HDMI out of course! 

 

I haven't grabbed an Atari Flashback in several versions.  But I would get this.  Maybe 2 for the controllers alone!

👍

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If the market is receptive again in a few years, I'm sure we can get back into inexpensive plug and plays rather quickly. Right now, it's geared to more premium home arcade items.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For those interested, National Owners Day 2021 (NOD 2021) is now live (9AM PT to 9PM PT): https://www.atgames.us/

 

The summary:

 

National Owners Day 2021 (NOD 2021) is all about Staying Connected. Join us on Facebook on our official page (https://www.facebook.com/AtGamesGaming) and the Legends Arcade Family website (https://arcades.atgames.net/) for our second annual owners day from 9AM to 9PM PT on Sunday, February 14, 2021, for new product reveals, amazing prizes, great deals and sales from third party sponsors GameStop and Buy Stuff Store, great deals and sales on the AtGames E-Store, and lots more fun and surprises! 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mr @Bill Loguidice
I see the old legends core hits shelves tomorrow. I hope we get some round here.

I have a sort of off topic question. On the 22nd AtGames release new firmware updates for the AFBX, AFBXD, LFB2019, LFBD2019 and the old LFB2018.

Now, its all gone. I got the Atari Update, but i missed the LFB updates. Do you have any idea what might me going on? I know the River Raid sound fix was wrong on the Atari side of things, but I never got to see the LFB stuff. I Hope to God Almighty they fixed the NES buttons..... B goes on the left, tell them for me, pretty please. If not its kind of a deal breaker without being able to reconfig my buttons.

Edited by Draxxon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looks like GameStop pushed the Legends Core release date back to 3/31.  I haven’t been in a physical store, but that’s what the website shows.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gamestop:

Legends Core

AtGames Release Date: 03/31/2021

 

 

 

Did something happen to the release date? Why is there never any info about what is going on? What the hell is going on with the AFBX and LFB2 firmware updates? I went ahead and listened to Bill and just ordered it from the website. I should have just listened to him in the first place, but I like to give him a hard time. I'm sorry, buddy, you tried to help me. Maybe next time I'll listen, no promises though :) 

 

Capture.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/26/2021 at 12:27 AM, Draxxon said:

I have a sort of off topic question. On the 22nd AtGames release new firmware updates for the AFBX, AFBXD, LFB2019, LFBD2019 and the old LFB2018.

Now, its all gone. I got the Atari Update, but i missed the LFB updates. Do you have any idea what might me going on? I know the River Raid sound fix was wrong on the Atari side of things, but I never got to see the LFB stuff. I Hope to God Almighty they fixed the NES buttons..... B goes on the left, tell them for me, pretty please. If not its kind of a deal breaker without being able to reconfig my buttons.

This link doesn't work?: https://firmwareupdate.atgames.net/registration

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

no they were actually posted, then removed. Is something wrong with the updates themselves? will we get fixed updates? is it all the hacking that's going on?

I re-uploaded them here, In post #431: (#433 has the revision notes)

Atari Flashback X Custom Firmware for USB roms and boxart - Page 18 - AtGames Flashback and Portable Consoles - AtariAge Forums

I know that the flashback X's displayed the box art thumbnails incorrectly. I know that newer units bought recently have firmware v8 and v21 and the issue wasnt fixed. v9 and v21??? (how was this v21, when v21 still had bad art?) came out with fixed art. They actually fixed the P2 glitch on Space Invaders Arcade as well. In a couple days the updates were gone. A full version of the deluxe firmware was also leaked around this time. I had nothing to do with that. they fixed audio on a few games, but river raid audio fix wasnt correct, at the same time, the AFBX hacking project had a few break throughs.
 

Capture.PNG.cd016a0de4809c9f793bbd653968e759.png

 


It's just all very curious.
 

 

Edited by Draxxon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Draxxon said:

no they were actually posted, then removed. Is something wrong with the updates themselves? will we get fixed updates? is it all the hacking that's going on?

 

No, they're doing additional testing and will post new versions soon.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walmart.com has a heck of a deal on the Legends Gamer Pro as of this message.  $99.  As someone who was a big fan of the Taito collections in the PS2 era, I went for it and one will be on the way this next week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2021 at 3:27 PM, Bill Loguidice said:

No, they're doing additional testing and will post new versions soon.

Seriously, @Bill Loguidice, what is going on with the AtGames Flashback Zone?  It’s been 6 weeks since you were informed by @Draxxon that new AFBX, AFBXD, LFB & LFBD firmware had been posted before being mysteriously deleted.  Not only that, but the firmware & release notes pages have been regressively scrubbed clear back to circa 12/19 - 2/20.  The LFBD I purchased 11/20 came w/ v1.0.4, and it’d be nice to know what that means.  The whole purpose of a Release Notes page is to provide a historical record of ALL changes, no matter how insignificant.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, No Quarter said:

Seriously, @Bill Loguidice, what is going on with the AtGames Flashback Zone?  It’s been 6 weeks since you were informed by @Draxxon that new AFBX, AFBXD, LFB & LFBD firmware had been posted before being mysteriously deleted.  Not only that, but the firmware & release notes pages have been regressively scrubbed clear back to circa 12/19 - 2/20.  The LFBD I purchased 11/20 came w/ v1.0.4, and it’d be nice to know what that means.  The whole purpose of a Release Notes page is to provide a historical record of ALL changes, no matter how insignificant.

lol. Ive been wondering the same thing. I was gonna leave it alone, I give Bill a hard enough time. But while we're razzing him... Where the Hell is my Atari Flashback Guide for the 9 and X and other 65 games!!!!! lololol.

 

 

Capture.PNG

Edited by Draxxon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

@Bill Loguidice, if it's something you don't want to discuss out in the open, I understand.
Maybe it will help if I tell you my last name is Romanotto, and I too am a good Sicilian boy. La stessa cosa.

You can always just PM me, and I'll keep it la cosa nostra. ;) 

Edited by Draxxon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Has anyone tested the new Atari 2600 game Circus Convoy by with David Crane, Garry Kitchen and Dan Kitchen of Audacity Games on a Flashback?  The game uses 128k (or kb?) so it is on the large side. Thanks!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

It takes a newer version of stella. A stock flashback won't run it.

 

stella 6.1 runs around 90% speed on a hacked atari flashback X. slower on a hacked 9.

Someone with a hacked 9 tried it and said it was somewhat playable.

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ok, My names is not Dragonstomper, thats my rank (and the title of an atari game). That seems to happen a lot.

Almost a year and a half w/o an update. I'm guessing AtGames doesn't care to keep supporting the flashbacks.

 

 

Capture.PNG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...