IGNORED

Signal splitter ?

peedenmark7

I've been off site for quite a while , wondering if someone could recommend a good signal splitter?

Basically I want to run my 5200, 7800, coleco, etc, into one device and send it to the coax input.

I dont necessarily want something I have to push a button to choose which console, a simple power on and thats the console you are on would be fine .

Anyone?

thanks!

I'm not familiar with any auto switching COAX switchers. There are 2,3 and 4 way splitters but I've not actually tried to use one in the manner you are talking about and have always just used switchers instead which did require pushing a button or something similar.

Automatic HDMI switchers are a Dime-A-Dozen, I have << THIS ONE >> and it works real well.  Now these days, RF switchers, that's tough.  They have them for Amateur Radio use, but you would also have to get adapters to convert the cable connectors adding to the overall cost.  

If your video games used COMPOSITE output, you would be able to use something like << THIS >>, but even then it requires a remote control.

A passive unit like mentioned above MIGHT work, but when used backwards from it's original intent it MIGHT attenuate the signal.  Good luck, you'll need it!

i rigged a chain of stuff everything but my 2600 has auto boxes so it goes 2600,5200,nes,sega,playstation,n64

i also have one of those av to coax boxes in line too to attach plug and play games

yea my old magnetbox 25" tv only has coax in

Edited by bohoki
another thing