IGNORED

Hive mind: AV mod INTV 2

GenetixJ

Hi all,

I’ve been sitting on an AV mod for the intellivision and finally gotten around to doing it to play with my 5 yr old. Well, I’m lost. I’ve searched the forums and get little tips here and there, but what is the best way to mod an INTV2. Who has the answer and how to do it? Here’s what I have. Its one of the cleanest systems I’ve seen, and it brings back memories for me. I’d love to be able to play this weekend. Tube TV is broken. Its a Turkish mod from around 2015 or so.

2133ACD6-9323-425A-989F-183C16E25EC8.jpeg

16 hours ago, GenetixJ said:

Hi all,

I’ve been sitting on an AV mod for the intellivision and finally gotten around to doing it to play with my 5 yr old. Well, I’m lost. I’ve searched the forums and get little tips here and there, but what is the best way to mod an INTV2. Who has the answer and how to do it? Here’s what I have. Its one of the cleanest systems I’ve seen, and it brings back memories for me. I’d love to be able to play this weekend. Tube TV is broken. Its a Turkish mod from around 2015 or so.

2133ACD6-9323-425A-989F-183C16E25EC8.jpeg

Just like the Intellivision 1, you can put the wires in the same places for tapping video and audio from the leads into the RF modulator. Ground you can get from anywhere convienent and +5 can also be pulled from several places. I can't recall off hand where I tapped the +5 from when I did Blaine's Intv2 2 years back. But using a meter you should be able to find lots of places to get+5 from.

Updating this as I notice 2 things in the pic that bother me. One is that I've never seen the kits from turkey without the clear shrink around them? Did yours arrive like that? Make sure you insulate that well where ever you install it in the system. 

Second thing I noticed...where the heck is your actual fuse in the bottom center just to the left of the RF modulator? Looks like you just have jumper wire there? There should be a small fuse there so I wonder if this was worked on once before?

42 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Just like the Intellivision 1, you can put the wires in the same places for tapping video and audio from the leads into the RF modulator. Ground you can get from anywhere convienent and +5 can also be pulled from several places. I can't recall off hand where I tapped the +5 from when I did Blaine's Intv2 2 years back. But using a meter you should be able to find lots of places to get+5 from.

Updating this as I notice 2 things in the pic that bother me. One is that I've never seen the kits from turkey without the clear shrink around them? Did yours arrive like that? Make sure you insulate that well where ever you install it in the system. 

Second thing I noticed...where the heck is your actual fuse in the bottom center just to the left of the RF modulator? Looks like you just have jumper wire there? There should be a small fuse there so I wonder if this was worked on once before?

It had the shrink wrap, but I removed it to get access to the wires.

Just now, GenetixJ said:

It had the shrink wrap, but I removed it to get access to the wires.

The wires should have been wrapped around outside of that shrinkwrap? Mine have always come that way. While I do think the wires are too thin, especially the ground and power wires, they do work so I've never had a need to get at them to change them out or anything.

His kits being tube shrinked already, are one of the reasons I liked his kits so much. It gave me a nice flat surface to attach my velcro adhesive pad to in order to secure it ontop of an IC or along the case shell somewhere.

12 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

The wires should have been wrapped around outside of that shrinkwrap? Mine have always come that way. While I do think the wires are too thin, especially the ground and power wires, they do work so I've never had a need to get at them to change them out or anything.

His kits being tube shrinked already, are one of the reasons I liked his kits so much. It gave me a nice flat surface to attach my velcro adhesive pad to in order to secure it ontop of an IC or along the case shell somewhere.

Hmm... well, I think I can shrink-wrap it myself. 

49 minutes ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

I wish I had come across the instruction to keep it in the plastic wrap. I just can’t find clear step by step instructions of where to mod the INTV2. Well, I’ll just give it a shot tonight.

The retrofixes instructions for the Intelly 2 can be applied to the Intelly 2 as the RF modulator still uses the same setup as the model 1. So you can tap the audio and video from where it goes into the RF modulator. Ground and +5 can be gotten from several locations as I stated before. Again, I can't recall off hand where I grabbed +5 on the the Intelly 2 I did last but just using my meter I found several places that seemed good.