IGNORED

CC2 New Banking Files

Mitch

Forgot to include this in the guide.txt

7800_16K is a replacement for the one that's been around forever.  It makes the output only active for the 16K ROM range.  The existing one is actually active for 32K.

7816_POK is 16K ROM with POKEY at $4000-$7FFF.

Mitch

• Like 2

How about some Pink Panther.

WDBAD is for the currently released rom which is 8195 bytes and has banks 2 and 3 reversed.

WD is for the "good" rom assuming it will someday be released.

Mitch

Edited by Mitch
Files moved to the first post

5 minutes ago, Mitch said:

How about some Pink Panther.

WDBAD is for the currently released rom which is 8195 bytes and has banks 2 and 3 reversed.

WD is for the "good" rom assuming it will someday be released.

Mitch

wd.zip 5.58 kB · 1 download

Is there a 7800 version? Because the 2600 version was a released a few months ago, and there’s already been a quick fix to the weirdo banking scheme to work in a Harmony Cart. 

https://atariage.com/forums/topic/297125-pursuit-of-the-pink-panther-rom-released/

1 hour ago, Mitch said:

So what other games don't work on the CC2 currently?

I mainly use my CC2 for 7800 ROMs because I have a Harmony cart. The superb Arkanoid works flawlessly, but there is no POKEY audio. I’ve never gotten the later BBCQ releases to work (but the earlier releases work fine, although without audio). I’ve never figured out the right banking scheme for PMP’s Defender WIP. 

I think that’s about it from my discoveries!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, phattyboombatty said:

I mainly use my CC2 for 7800 ROMs because I have a Harmony cart. The superb Arkanoid works flawlessly, but there is no POKEY audio. I’ve never gotten the later BBCQ releases to work (but the earlier releases work fine, although without audio). I’ve never figured out the right banking scheme for PMP’s Defender WIP. 

I think that’s about it from my discoveries!

Hi Arkanoid uses the $0450 pokey location common to modern homebrews. I believe the CC requires the $4000 pokey location. Thanks for playing the game - hoping to finish it up later in the year ?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The first zip file that Mitch posted contains a "144K with ROM and Pokey at $450".  That one sounds like it was made for BBCQ, and the last ROM posted.  That should work, although I haven't had time to try it yet.  The Defender WIP needs RAM at $4000 to $7FFF in order to work.

Edited by PacManPlus
  • Like 3

I just updated the zip file in the first post. It includes two additional banking files and an updated guide.txt file.

The two new ones are 144K Supercart schemes that follow the now accepted location of the extra 16K. These don't require swapping the last 16K of an .a78 file to the front of the file. Just the typical strip of the .a78 header.

Mitch

• Like 4

14 hours ago, mksmith said:

Hi Arkanoid uses the $0450 pokey location common to modern homebrews. I believe the CC requires the $4000 pokey location. Thanks for playing the game - hoping to finish it up later in the year ?

Yes, one of the new banking files 78SCP450 supports Pokey at 450 for 128K ROMs.

7800: Arkanoid - WIP                ARKANOID    78SCP450    78BIOS        95fd849f

Mitch

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Mitch said:

Yes, one of the new banking files 78SCP450 supports Pokey at 450 for 128K ROMs.

7800: Arkanoid - WIP                ARKANOID    78SCP450    78BIOS        95fd849f

Mitch

Great - thanks!

• Like 1

First post updated again. We now have a banking file for 32KROM, 16K RAM (7800 Defender) - 7832R16 and EF banking (2600 Zippy).

Please post if you find any issues or any other games that are not working.

Mitch

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you Mitch for posting these banking files. They breathe new life into my CC2!

I can confirm that the following combinations work on my CC2 with POKEY:

7800:    Arkanoid    ARKANOID 78SCP450 78BIOS (plays latest Arkanoid release by MKSmith with POKEY sound, awesome!)

7800:    Donkey Kong XM    DKXM78    144RPK    78QUICK (plays latest demo release of DK XM by TEP392 with POKEY sound, double-awesome!)

7800:    Lady Lady (Demo) LADYLADY 7800_48K 78QUICK (totally awesome work @R_Leo_1! Nice to see this on real hardware)

7800:    XM Yamaha Test    XMYMPLAY 7800_32K 78BIOS (works wonderfully, cool to see! No audio of course!)

I'm still having trouble with the following:

7800:    Defender    DEFENDR    7832R16 78BIOS (ROM loads with arcade title screen and game play initiates, however there are anomalies at the top and bottom of the screen. Ship can only move on vertical axis. Don't know if this is to be expected, as this is a beta release).

I will try to experiment with some of the 2600 titles tonight.