IGNORED

Nothing at the moment

DNA128k

I have three CIB (matching serial #'s, manuals, PSU, RF switch, etc.). I'd be willing to get rid of one of them. Let me look thru them and get back to you.

EDIT: Sorry, actually I have 3 800XL's. Wasn't paying attention when I responded. If still interested, let me know.

Edited by NISMOPC

3 hours ago, NISMOPC said:

I have three CIB (matching serial #'s, manuals, PSU, RF switch, etc.). I'd be willing to get rid of one of them. Let me look thru them and get back to you.

EDIT: Sorry, actually I have 3 800XL's. Wasn't paying attention when I responded. If still interested, let me know.

No worries at all!  I actually have an 800XL I'm very happy with, I'm interested in the smaller size of the 600XL for my desk.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/13/2020 at 5:28 PM, Zeptari1 said:

How did the testing go? 

Not so good:

1 has green screen when turned on. Tested/replaced memory. No change. Need to diagnose more.
1 has bad keyboard mylar on several keys. Not entire rows, so I am putting my assumptions on the mylar.
1 is my original unit in box from when I was a teen and I am keeping it.
still getting around to the other 2

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I know you asked about XE's, but mentioned you wouldn't mind 600XL's.

I have a couple that are basically new in the box (well one in the original styro, but the box is gone, and the other has both). I haven't tried them but they look still wrapped in plastic and unused. I can test them this weekend if I have some time and you're interested.

Here's one:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kvbbQbkZDhsxmfRo6

Edited by R.Cade

11 minutes ago, R.Cade said:

I know you asked about XE's, but mentioned you wouldn't mind 600XL's.

I have a couple that are basically new in the box (well one in the original styro, but the box is gone, and the other has both). I haven't tried them but they look still wrapped in plastic and unused. I can test them this weekend if I have some time and you're interested.

Here's one:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/kvbbQbkZDhsxmfRo6

That is extremely nice!  I'll see if I get any XE offers, but I'll definitely keep this in mind, thanks!

3 minutes ago, R.Cade said:

Funny enough, I think I traded you a modded 600XL for a 65XE a couple of years ago! :)

I definitely have had a circuitous Atari problem — I'm trying to get things back in order and keep it that way this time! ?   I'm working on a better storage solution rather than cycling things in and out.

Edited by DNA128k

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

been on a ton of projects while "on vacation" but this one is still a bit on the back burner 

as far as the new request I have a couple sets of paddles, both are in decent cosmetic condition other than age grime and garage dust, I forget which pair works better but one set has a number of sticky spots the other is smoother but not great, maybe could get them working with some contact cleaner and q-tips, least for a little while, which is why I don't like selling paddles 

7 minutes ago, Osgeld said:

been on a ton of projects while "on vacation" but this one is still a bit on the back burner 

as far as the new request I have a couple sets of paddles, both are in decent cosmetic condition other than age grime and garage dust, I forget which pair works better but one set has a number of sticky spots the other is smoother but not great, maybe could get them working with some contact cleaner and q-tips, least for a little while, which is why I don't like selling paddles 

No worries whatsoever!

Totally understand the paddle situation, which is my exact reason for being wary of eBay...

IMO if you can solder a wire its better off running to your favorite online electronics supply house and ordering new pots, I actually yanked one apart real quick to take some measurements, maybe by next weekend I can show a list of compatible model pot's (its not like they are difficult to source, but to find ones that work as drop in's, not including soldering 2 wires, might be something to offer along side the 250 tactile no mod drop in CX40 replacement boards I am working on) 

Edited by Osgeld

24 minutes ago, Osgeld said:

IMO if you can solder a wire its better off running to your favorite online electronics supply house and ordering new pots, I actually yanked one apart real quick to take some measurements, maybe by next weekend I can show a list of compatible model pot's (its not like they are difficult to source, but to find ones that work as drop in's, not including soldering 2 wires, might be something to offer along side the 250 tactile no mod drop in CX40 replacement boards I am working on) 

hmm, maybe I could build one altogether...

its a 1 meg ohm pot and a button in each handle (4 wires each side), electrically its nothing fancy. The harder part is actually making something to put them in, but what do I know you might be a 3d printer wizard, a CNC master, woodcarving god or a metal guru, its a box with a knob and a button ... I made a pretty playable and comfortable Apple II gamepad with a radio shack box and a drill (well and some electrical bits and a file)  an eon ago 

Edited by Osgeld

8 hours ago, Osgeld said:

its a 1 meg ohm pot and a button in each handle (4 wires each side), electrically its nothing fancy. The harder part is actually making something to put them in, but what do I know you might be a 3d printer wizard, a CNC master, woodcarving god or a metal guru, its a box with a knob and a button ... I made a pretty playable and comfortable Apple II gamepad with a radio shack box and a drill (well and some electrical bits and a file)  an eon ago 

Ha, I'm certainly no guru... I was thinking about the project box route.  That said, without a local place like Radio Shack to buy bits and bobs anymore, it will cost me more than buying a set of paddles to build one.  Probably will end up buying a set somewhere and replacing the pots if needed.

yea ever since radio shack left I have been much more imaginative, for the size of the things could bodge them in a Altoids or similar mint tin... then I replaced my 3d printer (sold my first one years ago) mainly just for stupid project boxes