IGNORED

8-Bit Beat 'em up/Fighter Dev Comp 2020

zapiy

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2/29/2020 at 5:24 PM, zapiy said:

JAysHd.jpg

We are running a dev comp to create a Beat 'em up game for any 8 bit computer, special consideration will be given to the lesser popular computers.

To join and read the rules see here.

https://itch.io/jam/8-bit-beat-em-upfighter-dev-comp/community

This looks like fun! Like the idea the games should run on the old hardware and be loadable from a tape deck :)

5 minutes ago, Gemintronic said:

The Atari 2600 disallowed for this? It's technically a computer.  You can buy a CompuMate to have a keyboard :)

Since cassette is preferred I could make it a SuperCharger title.

I think the VCS will be allowed, let's enter this contest with some cool SuperCharger tape games! :)

We've only got 7 days but we know BASIC! It would be awesome to see a CompuMate Tape entry too :)

12 hours ago, Gemintronic said:

Might be too late for people to make a full game on time.  But..

Even those with little to no experience on a platform have a chance with this:

https://jonathan-cauldwell.itch.io/multi-platform-arcade-game-designer

This looks pretty cool - 

the most powerful user-friendly tool there is for creating games for 8-bit computers.  Supported formats include the ZX Spectrum, MSX, Amstrad CPC, BBC Model B, Dragon 32/64, Acorn Atom, Enterprise and VZ200 with more on the way.  Create blocks, sprites and screens, knock out a few lines of code in AGD's simple scripting language (inspired by BASIC) or get the tool to create the code for you and create an 8-bit game that would have graced any software house's catalogue back in the day.

This is cross-compiler for multiple systems it must work to the LCD (lowest common denominator) I would like to see the same game compiled on the different systems, curious how much code changes are required or if you can just select a system and recompile your code. 

Liked your original post too but your thread got deleted on the competition forum before I could respond!

1 minute ago, Mr SQL said:

This looks pretty cool - 

the most powerful user-friendly tool there is for creating games for 8-bit computers.  Supported formats include the ZX Spectrum, MSX, Amstrad CPC, BBC Model B, Dragon 32/64, Acorn Atom, Enterprise and VZ200 with more on the way.  Create blocks, sprites and screens, knock out a few lines of code in AGD's simple scripting language (inspired by BASIC) or get the tool to create the code for you and create an 8-bit game that would have graced any software house's catalogue back in the day.

This is cross-compiler for multiple systems it must work to the LCD (lowest common denominator) I would like to see the same game compiled on the different systems, curious how much code changes are required or if you can just select a system and recompile your code. 

Liked your original post too but your thread got deleted on the competition forum before I could respond!

Not their doing.  I deleted it.  I'll wait for a contest that includes consoles explicitly.

6 minutes ago, Gemintronic said:

Not their doing.  I deleted it.  I'll wait for a contest that includes consoles explicitly.

Very Cool! They have Dragon32 so I will enter a CoCo Beat'em up if possible they are almost the same machine :)

You write for a few consoles, are you going to enter in a MegaDrive game too?