IGNORED

The PS5 Thread

2 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

Sony over the years have closed so many internal studios, i find myself just wondering if they have enough teams to provide a broad range of exclusives that utilise the potential of the hardware. 

Im sure Naughty Dog will still work their magic and make Sony millions of dollars. Outside of that though I don't know.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Punisher5.0 said:

Im sure Naughty Dog will still work their magic and make Sony millions of dollars. Outside of that though I don't know.

I'm sure Naughty Dog and Guerrilla will offer the best PS5 game engines.

I just noticed when Naughty Dog split into 2 teams to do The Last Of Us and Uncharted 3.

Neither offered the experience of Uncharted 2 for myself.

Haven't they also lost a key writer?.

It's not just Sony who've closed studios i once held in high regard,MS have done similar and then we have seen the likes of Pandemic,  Bizzare Creations etc sadly go under. 

For me it's all about the 3rd party exclusives, as the only games that Sony makes that ever really appealed to me were Uncharted and also Crash to a much lesser extent. At least, Crash was exclusive in the 90s back when I remember him existing. Now he isn't. Anyway, both of those are dead now, so it's up to 3rd party companies to carry the PS4 and PS5 for me, and they did a pretty bad job with the PS4. I know, I sound harsh and I'm really not trying to be, but the PS4 is by far the single most disappointing console I have ever owned.

Still, I decided to randomly preorder PS4 Sakura Wars (Yes, US version; my Japanese is probably not good enough to play RPGs with 100% confidence yet, although I can if I really want to and have in the past. It makes my brain tired after a while, so I honestly should do it more just for the practice!) for some reason last week despite not knowing anything about it, so there is still some hope for PlayStation exclusives. I remain neutral on the PS5 for now, but interested enough to research some of the launch titles when they finally announce them. Unless they already did and I missed it for some odd reason.

As for loading times, I have never been bothered by loading, but I also don't own a Famicom Disk System. Yet. Maybe soon.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Lost Dragon said:

Sony over the years have closed so many internal studios, i find myself just wondering if they have enough teams to provide a broad range of exclusives that utilise the potential of the hardware. 

They've also added new studios and purchased Insomniac

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, zzip said:

They've also added new studios and purchased Insomniac

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/01/guide_all_sony_first-party_studios_and_what_theyre_working_on

I forgot Sucker Punch and the 2 PS4 infamous games, whilst i enjoyed both, i didn't find them as appealing as Infamous II and Festival Of Blood.

Spiderman games aren't my thing, so never tried that on PS4.

Insomniac:I rather enjoyed the Resistance series. They were no Halo, but then i have always taken to Halo under Bungie, than 343, even though 343 got more from the 360 hardware. 

I am an odd one when it comes to games,  Until Dawn of all things sold me the PS4 and then the studio went into VR titles.

I enjoyed The Order, but i picked up the S.E new, dead cheap.. 

With Konami now denying rumours Sony will be bringing any Silent Hill titles to the PlayStation as exclusives, it will be interesting to see what Sony do produce. 

31 minutes ago, Punisher5.0 said:

I was just thinking, Alyx could be a huge exclusive to the PS5. I bet Sony is going to go for it.

It ticks an awful lot of the right boxes.

Sony ended up on great terms with Valve by time of Portal.. 

This is exactly the type of VR game Sony need for PS5 V.R.

I like your thinking Sir.

On 3/28/2020 at 6:29 PM, 0078265317 said:

It's not going to be $1000,  that would doom it.   There's a Canadian store that posted a preorder price of $559CDN ($399 USD)  I think that might be on the low side given the tech that's in it.    Somewhere in between.

• Like 2

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2020/04/resident_evil_8_will_apparently_be_on_ps5_is_first-person_and_will_be_announced_soon

Haven't enjoyed a Resident Evil game since Resident Evil 4 myself and i bought Remake, Resident Evil 5 and 6on PS3,  Resident Evil 2 Remake and Resident Evil 7 on PS4.

I'd welcome a change in direction for the franchise,  personally. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Sony have lost myself as a customer now. 

It was bad enough dealing with their customer service years ago when my 60G Phat Playstation 3 had oil leaking from somewhere inside and they refused to accept responsibility and i had to pay to get a refurbished console, rather than have my existing one repaired. 

They've now refused to repair a Sony Xperia smart phone under warranty, admit the phone cannot hear my voice during calls, yet mic works fine. 

Grounds they used.. Unauthorized software found on device. 

Right, i had Whattsapp on it, but did full factory reset before sending it in. 

Phone was also BLACK, not GOLD as report stated. 

I find myself at point of utter frustration each time a Sony device has an issue, Sony just want you to pay more, aren't really interested in the faults. 

Sorry Sony, your back to the old Sony i knew and hated dealing with. 

The Playstation One era Sony by comparison were a joy to deal with when my launch model machine suffered lens warp. 

News of an expected PS5 Bloodborne and Demon's Souls Remaster doesn't fill me with joy, just leaves me wondering what long term damage Sony closing so many studios, will mean for the system. 

It's too soon for Bloodborne to be remastered. 

Edited by Lost Dragon

On 6/10/2020 at 5:47 PM, Lost Dragon said:

Sony have lost myself as a customer now. 

It was bad enough dealing with their customer service years ago when my 60G Phat Playstation 3 had oil leaking from somewhere inside and they refused to accept responsibility and i had to pay to get a refurbished console, rather than have my existing one repaired. 

They've now refused to repair a Sony Xperia smart phone under warranty, admit the phone cannot hear my voice during calls, yet mic works fine. 

Grounds they used.. Unauthorized software found on device. 

Right, i had Whattsapp on it, but did full factory reset before sending it in. 

Phone was also BLACK, not GOLD as report stated. 

I find myself at point of utter frustration each time a Sony device has an issue, Sony just want you to pay more, aren't really interested in the faults. 

Sorry Sony, your back to the old Sony i knew and hated dealing with. 

The Playstation One era Sony by comparison were a joy to deal with when my launch model machine suffered lens warp. 

News of an expected PS5 Bloodborne and Demon's Souls Remaster doesn't fill me with joy, just leaves me wondering what long term damage Sony closing so many studios, will mean for the system. 

It's too soon for Bloodborne to be remastered. 

You too, huh? Happened us about 3 years years ago. Ditched Sony after that.

Daughter's never broken a phone. The Xperia model she had had a known design problem with the back. Namely people would put it their phone into their pocket and when they took it out they'd find a crack in the back. When you look at these phones it's pretty simple - the back was totally flat and the glass was too thin. So any pressure could cause the back to crack. I've had my S7 for 3 years. Dropped it a few times and only recently did I crack the back.

After that, to protect it we put it into a silicon case. About 3 months later, it developed a fault with the on-off button. It had not been dropped once in that time. Sent it to Sony for warranty repair and they claimed it had been dropped - no doubt using the crack in their badly design back as "evidence" of this. Had little choice but to fork out £130 for the repair.

So, no more Sony for us.

Just as well. I hate the look of the PS5. Some people have called it a wi-fi router. It actually reminds me of our old Sky satellite box from 15 years ago. So it's not a modern look by any stretch.

• Like 1

On 3/27/2020 at 10:47 AM, Lost Dragon said:

It ticks an awful lot of the right boxes.

Sony ended up on great terms with Valve by time of Portal.. 

This is exactly the type of VR game Sony need for PS5 V.R.

I like your thinking Sir.

It's just about the only title that would make me want to pay the premium launch prices. A $500 USD price point is the equivalent of about $750 CAD, and asking customers to plunk down close to $1000 (with a couple of games) is a pretty big ask. Maybe it's just me, but that game lineup just doesn't seem that exciting: I was most interested in seeing Sackboy, and that might be a problem for me.

• Like 2

I'm wondering how many of the games shown are exclusive to PS5? I'm expecting to be able to play SM:MM on PS4. A lot of the indie/AA games are going to be on Switch/Steam/Epic, for sure. Horizon Zero Dawn is about to become available on Steam, so I'd be surprised if Forbidden West is the same in a few years.  

I didn't really see anything that would convince me that I need one of these.  Which is good, I'd accept the odd shape if it was all matte black. So, definitely waiting for that, at least...