IGNORED

The PS5 Thread

6 hours ago, King_Salamon said:

That's just absurd... if not fake.  I can go on Amazon and grab a system for $1700 Canadian if I HAD TO HAVE IT!  lol

I will wait until the new year for a system as I cancelled my pre-order a month ago.  Figures... my son decided he wants a PS5 now...  just a couple weeks after I cancel the pre-order.  Oh well... I have current gen game to enjoy.  lol

Of course it's not real. Look who posted it and you know right away not to take what was posted seriously.

1 minute ago, adamchevy said:

Fucked up is a nice way to say it. What launch? I had many of my friends and family members try and purchase a PS5 from multiple different sources over the past 3 days with no luck. I see others on the internet on many sites with a console. I’m not sure how they magically pulled it off.

I pre-ordered mine from a drug store. I think that is about the only reason I got one.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, adamchevy said:

Fucked up is a nice way to say it. What launch? I had many of my friends and family members try and purchase a PS5 from multiple different sources over the past 3 days with no luck. I see others on the internet on many sites with a console. I’m not sure how they magically pulled it off.

That's kinda naive if you expect to get one on launch day. These days you have to preorder consoles if you want them at launch. The problem with PS5 is that they didn't announce when preorders would open until a matter of hours before it happened, so a lot of people who wanted one missed the chance.

My understanding is that just about everyone who wanted a PS5 who was preordering that day was able to secure one. Unfortunately for me that window came and went without me knowing. I was able to secure one in the additional Gamestop bundles preorder a week or so later, but it took some effort.

The Series X preorder is an example of the normal way to do it. I had no issues securing a console, with a little patience on the pre-announced preorder day. I had my choice of multiple retailers with it in stock, and it just took some browser refreshing and being online at the right time to make it happen. It helped that my wife was also online and helping me.

• Like 1

That's kinda naive if you expect to get one on launch day. These days you have to preorder consoles if you want them at launch. The problem with PS5 is that they didn't announce when preorders would open until a matter of hours before it happened, so a lot of people who wanted one missed the chance.

My understanding is that just about everyone who wanted a PS5 who was preordering that day was able to secure one. Unfortunately for me that window came and went without me knowing. I was able to secure one in the additional Gamestop bundles preorder a week or so later, but it took some effort.

The Series X preorder is an example of the normal way to do it. I had no issues securing a console, with a little patience on the pre-announced preorder day. I had my choice of multiple retailers with it in stock, and it just took some browser refreshing and being online at the right time to make it happen. It helped that my wife was also online and helping me.

At this point I’m going to wait until they are available somewhere where I can walk in and buy one.
  • Like 1

One of the things that most surprised me yesterday while playing the PS5 is that I quickly got used to the far more detailed haptic feedback very quickly while playing PS5 games, in my case Astrobot and Bugsnax, and moving back to a standard rumble while playing Rocket League PS4 edition gave the experience a "something is missing" feeling. Would not have expected that. So far the controller is great, and the haptic feedback is surprisingly meaningful. 

On 11/14/2020 at 10:29 PM, adamchevy said:

How is it different than the PS4 launch?   I wasn't able to finally get my hands on a PS4 until Jan/Feb of the following year.   There was no COVID to blame.

My suspicion is stock shortages are by design, especially for the holiday season.  Makes the product seem more popular, it gets free press as the media reports on mobs of people trying to get one.

• Like 1

As an early adopter of the PS4,  I'll just say it's not worth paying the inflated prices.   The first year of the console will be light on new content, so you won't be missing out on much if you don't have one now.

I'll pick one up down the line when they are in stock at regular prices and the early issues have been ironed out.

In the meantime,  I finally got a Switch because they are finally back in stock at reasonable prices.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Like many of us here I am a surviving veteran of the console wars of the 90's, so things like not seeing or getting a console until months after launch is pretty normal to me. I happened to get a direct ship from Sony, but I don't see anything really happening with the Xbox/PS5 that isn't pretty much normal and expected. 

• Like 1

I have had it in my head since launch that the PS5 might be better off with the big plastic fins removed. The above link seems to agree with me. Besides fitting into a space much better, the PS5 seems like it will run cooler, and removing those fins doesn't seem like it would particularly expose anything that couldn't be dealt with. 

15 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

It doesn't look ideal on the surface, but if it's within chip spec it's unlikely to matter.

17 hours ago, 0078265317 said:

Yes can confirm it is an overblown issue that would affect a very specific small percentage of people (if indeed any) but you will see all types of reports and articles blowing things out of proportion to grab a bit of that attention the new consoles are enjoying right now. Until you start seeing reports of major returns or failures there is literally nothing to worry about. 

• Like 1

• 3 months later...