IGNORED

New release

Al_Nafuur

2 hours ago, Wizzard said:

Okay, so one of my PlusCarts will never detect my offline ROMs?

Yes, as long as the corrupt "User Settings Area" is not formatted/deleted. I'll add a menu option for formatting the settings area in the next (v2.1.1) release.

How is it possible that I have offline roms available on another PlusCart? I upgraded the firmware on one day, one after another.

both PlusCarts have their own "User Settings Area", so one is corrupt and the other one is not. The corruption may occur when downloading offline ROMs, so maybe you haven't downloaded offline ROMs with the second PlusCart, or not all conditions where meet when you downloaded offline ROMs with the second PlusCart.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

I'll add a menu option for formatting the settings area in the next (v2.1.1) release.

Thank you very much, I think this may help a lot of people. I will use my non-corrupted cart now (I already have a RGB modded Atari, so I do not longer need another console)

I haven't disabled the experimental "Paid ROMs" area in the PlusStore when I released the new version:

I think for testing purposes I'll keep it active for a few more month and wait on feedback.

• 3 months later...

New draft version v2.2.0 in PlusStore.

For draft User @Prizrak, @Andrew Davie (#75 and #78) , @Thomas Jentzsch, @DirtyHairy, @Fierodoug5 and @Mr SQL

• New PlusROM headers (more info here)

after the update please test some PlusROMs from /Public ROMs/PlusROMs/

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

New draft version v2.2.0 in PlusStore.

For draft User @Prizrak, @Andrew Davie (#75 and #78) , @Thomas Jentzsch, @DirtyHairy, @Fierodoug5 and @Mr SQL

after the update please test some PlusROMs from /Public ROMs/PlusROMs/

WiFi update worked fine! I tested Congo Bongo from public ROMs that one still does not play, Congo Bongo plays fine on the Harmony cart. 

Also tested the latest KC OS Build from the thread below, KC_OS_RC7.bin @Prizrak please add this version to Exclusives it has an extra ROM KC Arena that works on PlusCart but not on the Harmony due to memory limitations where the anemic Harmony is not as powerful as the SuperCharger (32k pitted against a 2 MB spec from 1981) and there are some odd programmer side bugs in the current versions of KC in PlusStore Exclusives and even in the SillyVenture 2020+1 contest release version SillyVenture posted online that will blue screen the KC operating system on the loading screen (loading bars are the blue screen) and also breaks the Akanoid Airhead game in the bottom zone that is not a demo.

SillyVenture 2020+1 Art Scene Videos - Atari 2600 - AtariAge Forums

@DirtyHairy Since SuperCharger Disk BASIC is fully tuned on the SuperCharger it is a good reference model to align all of the different ideas on theory how the SuperCharger should work; there shouldn't be three different reference models where everyone does their own thing like we have with CBS RAM.

9 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Version v2.2.0 is now released public in PlusStore.

changes:

Upgraded and played a quick game of Missile Command Arcade. Thanks for the new version as well as, Missile Command Arcade.

A19ED905-987C-415D-9841-1F46FD944EE4.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi, I just got my new great Atari Jr with RGB mod and testing my games. I noticed that some PAL games that worked before are now black and white.

Example: Bank Heist (PAL).bin

That can be wrong? Before I had the same console with RGB mod (using AV output) and all the games were in color. I am not sure if the problem is in my console or in Pluscart. TV is the same Samsung CRT.ň

edit: omg, it was just my fault, I had switched my Atari to black and white mode. It is ok, no problem at all :)

Edited by Wizzard
  • Haha 2

• 3 months later...

New draft version v2.3.0 in PlusStore.

For draft User @Prizrak, @Andrew Davie (#75 and #78) , @Thomas Jentzsch, @DirtyHairy, @Fierodoug5, @DablioGames, @marauder666 and @Mr SQL

• Update to the WiFi firmware update function to support larger firmware files.

The PlusStore will still offer the firmware update to the draft user group after an successful update. Please check your firmware version in "Setup/System Info" and do one or more updates with the v2.3.0 too.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

New draft version v2.3.0 in PlusStore.

For draft User @Prizrak, @Andrew Davie (#75 and #78) , @Thomas Jentzsch, @DirtyHairy, @Fierodoug5, @DablioGames, @marauder666 and @Mr SQL

• Update to the WiFi firmware update function to support larger firmware files.

The PlusStore will still offer the firmware update to the draft user group after an successful update. Please check your firmware version in "Setup/System Info" and do one or more updates with the v2.3.0 too.

I got #78 working.

Updated about 4 times (version 2.3.0 checked/verified) in succession.  All OK.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, marauder666 said:

Ran update on STM version 2.3.0.0

?

2 minutes ago, marauder666 said:

Wifi is 1.2.0.0, not sure if it updated.  did it a few times.

In fact, I'm sure if this ESP has ever updated, might be a dodgy knockoff!

the firmware update for the ESP8266 is separate "/Setup/WiFi Connection/WiFi Firmware Update" and not done by the STM firmware update in the start menu

I successfully updated several times to 2.3.0. At least (see below) once it failed.

Note: It would be nice if error messages would be displayed more pronounced (e.g. different color). I may have overlooked an update failure.

Edited by Thomas Jentzsch

1 hour ago, marauder666 said:

Still the same 1.2.0.0, I think its the ESP I've got thats the issue.  All works fine though.

I've had a number of ESP units that don't upgrade. They work just fine, and there's nothing to worry about if the upgrade doesn't work.

At least, IMHO. I believe some earlier versions need a manual upgrade path, but I'm not sure.

The ones I've seen/used that don't "upgrade" work perfectly fine and I see no need to solve that "problem"

1 hour ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

(see below)

wo?

?

1 hour ago, Thomas Jentzsch said:

Note: It would be nice if error messages would be displayed more pronounced (e.g. different color). I may have overlooked an update failure.

Red error messages would be soooooo cooool :party:

? but only the three pixel font wizards can do this.

2 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

wo?

?

I think you are asking how to display menu/screen entries in a different colour?

If so, that's not really anything to do with the fonts, per se.  We can do different colours as shown by folders/etc.

Happy to try and help get this working, but need to know exactly what's being asked.

5 minutes ago, Al_Nafuur said:

wo?

?

Personally I think red (on blue) would be hard to read.

perhaps using the background highlight would be way more effective in highlighting an error. Red background/white text, for example.

• Like 1