Al_Nafuur

New release

2 hours ago, Wizzard said:

Okay, so one of my PlusCarts will never detect my offline ROMs?

Yes, as long as the corrupt "User Settings Area" is not formatted/deleted. I'll add a menu option for formatting the settings area in the next (v2.1.1) release.

How is it possible that I have offline roms available on another PlusCart? I upgraded the firmware on one day, one after another.

both PlusCarts have their own "User Settings Area", so one is corrupt and the other one is not. The corruption may occur when downloading offline ROMs, so maybe you haven't downloaded offline ROMs with the second PlusCart, or not all conditions where meet when you downloaded offline ROMs with the second PlusCart.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

I'll add a menu option for formatting the settings area in the next (v2.1.1) release.

Thank you very much, I think this may help a lot of people. I will use my non-corrupted cart now (I already have a RGB modded Atari, so I do not longer need another console)

I haven't disabled the experimental "Paid ROMs" area in the PlusStore when I released the new version:

I think for testing purposes I'll keep it active for a few more month and wait on feedback.

Just upgraded to (public) v2.1.0. Everything’s fine but it doesn’t save my preferences - I‘m living in PAL land and after turning off/on preference are back to NTSC, glacier belle charset and normal space density. 

New public version v2.1.1 in PlusStore

• New entry "Format User Settings" in Setup menu to format user settings area

@Bomberman94, @Wizzard using this function should solve the problem with your corrupted user settings storage.

• Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

New public version v2.1.1 in PlusStore

• New entry "Format User Settings" in Setup menu to format user settings area

@Bomberman94, @Wizzard using this function should solve the problem with your corrupted user settings storage.

I can confirm that it works now - thanks for the fast fix! 👍

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

New draft version v2.2.0 in PlusStore.

For draft User @Prizrak, @Andrew Davie (#75 and #78) , @Thomas Jentzsch, @DirtyHairy, @Fierodoug5 and @Mr SQL

• New PlusROM headers (more info here)

after the update please test some PlusROMs from /Public ROMs/PlusROMs/

WiFi update worked fine! I tested Congo Bongo from public ROMs that one still does not play, Congo Bongo plays fine on the Harmony cart. 

Also tested the latest KC OS Build from the thread below, KC_OS_RC7.bin @Prizrak please add this version to Exclusives it has an extra ROM KC Arena that works on PlusCart but not on the Harmony due to memory limitations where the anemic Harmony is not as powerful as the SuperCharger (32k pitted against a 2 MB spec from 1981) and there are some odd programmer side bugs in the current versions of KC in PlusStore Exclusives and even in the SillyVenture 2020+1 contest release version SillyVenture posted online that will blue screen the KC operating system on the loading screen (loading bars are the blue screen) and also breaks the Akanoid Airhead game in the bottom zone that is not a demo.

SillyVenture 2020+1 Art Scene Videos - Atari 2600 - AtariAge Forums

@DirtyHairy Since SuperCharger Disk BASIC is fully tuned on the SuperCharger it is a good reference model to align all of the different ideas on theory how the SuperCharger should work; there shouldn't be three different reference models where everyone does their own thing like we have with CBS RAM.

Version v2.2.0 is now released public in PlusStore.

changes:

9 hours ago, Al_Nafuur said:

Version v2.2.0 is now released public in PlusStore.

changes:

Upgraded and played a quick game of Missile Command Arcade. Thanks for the new version as well as, Missile Command Arcade.

A19ED905-987C-415D-9841-1F46FD944EE4.jpeg

• Like 1

Hi, I just got my new great Atari Jr with RGB mod and testing my games. I noticed that some PAL games that worked before are now black and white.

Example: Bank Heist (PAL).bin

That can be wrong? Before I had the same console with RGB mod (using AV output) and all the games were in color. I am not sure if the problem is in my console or in Pluscart. TV is the same Samsung CRT.ň

edit: omg, it was just my fault, I had switched my Atari to black and white mode. It is ok, no problem at all :)

Edited by Wizzard
  • Haha 2