IGNORED

UNOCart-2600 issues

STLRunner

Received mine back from MacRorie today (thank you again!) with the firmware updated to v16. I tested it first with this firmware in the Tele-Games Heavy Sixer and as I expected it did not work...same thing as before. I was just curious to see if maybe my heavy sixer reacted differently.

Took it to my 7800 where it did work and updated to v17.

Brought it back to the heavy sixer and it works perfectly! Thank you again everybody for helping out with this. Played a bit of Jr. Pac Man in celebration ;)

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 4/4/2021 at 7:58 PM, Antón_ said:

After updating to v17, my UnoCart still doesen't boot on a light 6switches. Just colour screen or some bars. Cart works perfect on a Jr, but unable to run on the old one ?

Unocart-2600-6switches-001.jpg

To be clear, did it work on an earlier version, or did it never work?

Well my UNO was already at v17 and I've been using quite a bit on a light 6 I've been working on for a client. The ONLY issue I had with my UNO was that once when I was using it and then fired it up again, most of the folders I had stuff in were coming up blank? Popped it in my computer and it was telling me the SD card was corrupted. Windows format would fail about halfway but was able to use SD formatter to get it formatted and working properly again. So yeah, that was odd.

On 4/5/2021 at 9:06 PM, Antón_ said:

Nope, it never worked on the 6switches. But it worked fine with both firmwares with the Jr. ?‍♂️

Last time I fixed something like this the issue was that the problematic console started to execute code before the ARM had finished booting. I'll take another look at the firmware when I prepare the next update, who knows, maybe some optimization hits me that I missed before.

On 4/8/2021 at 9:46 PM, DirtyHairy said:

Last time I fixed something like this the issue was that the problematic console started to execute code before the ARM had finished booting. I'll take another look at the firmware when I prepare the next update, who knows, maybe some optimization hits me that I missed before.

Thanks. Just if it helps, made 2 vídeos, of the same console Atari 2600 6switch light. One, running my all time favorite: H.E.R.O.

And another one not booting the UnoCart that works without fault on an Atari 2600Jr:

Some times, it's totally black screen. Other times, it's some weird vertical lines.

It's a shame, because UnoCart was mainly for ussing on the beauty 6switches. Hope we can find the problem :)

Well I know they do work with light 6 units as I've been using my Uno on a large RGB light 6 project over the past week or so without any issues, other than when my directory reads weren't working and I had to reformat and setup the SD card again for use.

19 hours ago, -^CrossBow^- said:

Well I know they do work with light 6 units as I've been using my Uno on a large RGB light 6 project over the past week or so without any issues, other than when my directory reads weren't working and I had to reformat and setup the SD card again for use.

Does your 6switch have any other mod? I have only made the simple composite video ouput.

I'll try to recap the Atari. As yours works, maybe has something to do with power issues or so.

Oh yeah...this light sixer I did a complete refub on it replacing all he caps. Also removed the original voltage regulator and replaced with a Traco 1-2450 as part of the RGB upgrade that was put into it. So yeah it has other mods for sure. But even after all of that, I was mainly using my Unocart initially to load up a few games and use the colorbar generator for testing.