IGNORED

Was interested in getting a portable emulation handheld

maxdrive

My Retroflag GPI plays Neo Geo Pocket Color games.  Also, the believe the RG300, RG350, and others do as well.  Definitely I would watch the reviews made in the last year over the various handhelds from China from people like RetroDodo, Mad Little Pixel, and Retro Core on YouTube to find something that would be attuned to your needs.  Take care and best of luck on your search!

Analogue Pocket is technically an emulation system (of the hardware, not the software) and does have Neo Geo Pocket Color cartridge support with the adaptor. The other Analogue FPGA systems support loading ROM files from the SD card with certain versions of the firmware, so it is possible (but unconfirmed) that this will also support it.

Of course, it's not been released yet, but look into it if you are interested. Yes, it says no emulation on their website, but it's still emulation, just of a different type than most people are used to (again, hardware emulation, not software). As for how good it is, we don't know as it's not been released. Up to you if it's interesting enough to consider.

3 hours ago, str0m said:

An old PSP emulates NGPC just fine. I bought mine with the emulators already on, no doubt there are quite a few on ebay. Also does most older stuff, MD, Snes, Arcade etc

Still my portable emulation system of choice (PSP / PSVita). ALTHOUGH.... Although... I just my oDroid Go Advance in last night. Can't wait to put it together. :)

18 hours ago, ClassicGMR said:

Still my portable emulation system of choice (PSP / PSVita). ALTHOUGH.... Although... I just my oDroid Go Advance in last night. Can't wait to put it together. :)

Yer it works well although for actual NGPC gaming I use one of my real ones which I put a backlit screen in and SD cart so all the games on it :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

Gonna hijack your thread for a bit. 

I was looking at the Pocket Go 1 & 2. I saw that the Pocket Go is like 40 bucks and the Pocket Go 2 is about 120, does anybody have any experience with these? I've never heard of a handheld running N64/PSX and PSP other than the PSP. I have 2 psps somewhere but I've no idea where they've walked off to and it seems like they are going for a pretty penny today. Not looking to pay top dollar for a hand held but I've played the SNES/Megadrive to death and I'm looking at getting in some more PSP/DS/PSX time. Any recommendations? 

Bump. 

On 9/20/2020 at 8:38 PM, CaptainCanadian said:

I just watched a video that said it runs android 6.0 whatever that is. Also RG350M seems to be markedly better and apparently theres a newer model being released this month. 

Yes, the RG351P (which is an Odroid Go Advance clone) has just been released.  However, Anbernic has a pretty good build quality.  While I would wait until some reviews are in, that would be a good one to pick up.  Also, the Retroid Pocket Go 2 seems to be a good device to consider as well.

On 9/20/2020 at 2:44 PM, CaptainCanadian said:

I saw that the Pocket Go is like 40 bucks and the Pocket Go 2 is about 120, does anybody have any experience with these?

I've got the PocketGo 1, horizontal. It's pretty decent, I got it cheap during Black Friday. Screen is just awesome. D-pad isn't the greatest, you're supposed to be able to swap it with a Gameboy d-pad, but I don't know how much that improves it (IIRC NES should fit, too?).

PSX emulation is a little hit and miss; some games work great and some, not so great. It doesn't do N64, as far as I know. For some reason, SNES emulation is a little slow. I'm assuming it's the way they programmed the alpha blending, and/or just a really lazy port. The hardware should definitely be able to do SNES just fine.

Stella emulator is real nice, but the menu setup and the button bindings could be nicer. I feel that way about a lot of the emulators, but I'm sure it wouldn't be too hard to just download the code, make some small changes, and recompile. The community seems to be a bit dead now.

Any other emulators you want to know about?

This is the email they sent me:

Hello,  

Good day to you! I am Mona from the Retromimi team.  

We apologize that the RG351P we are about to ship does not have WiFi function.

And we will ship the RG351P to you next Monday.

Is it acceptant to you?

Looking forward to your reply.  

Best regards,

Mona

Customers support

I said no, that's unacceptable, you don't advertise a major feature, take money and then deliver a crap product. If that was the case, I would've picked a cheap product. I said they can either refund me the entire amount or 50% off and I'll take whatever product they are sending... I paid through paypal could I dispute this if they refuse to refund my money?