IGNORED

Altirra ROM/BIOS Set?

MrFish

11 minutes ago, tane said:

Extract Roms.7z to Altirra's folder.

Thanks, but I think you're misunderstanding my question. I'm looking for ROMs of supported devices for Altirra (as per the screenshot posted below). I've already got a pretty good handle and system ROMs and BASIC.

137044481_altirradevices.thumb.png.a1d308c7e72d6f08b37f1550b73eb30f.png

Edited by MrFish

55 minutes ago, MrFish said:

As is turns out, the third set I was thinking of doesn't exist; it was actually just a large ROM collection.

There are some bios sets provided by some members. The sets are essentially the same except for some differences. We could make one collection to be standard. Hence, update to that collection will be much easier.

madi

Altirra Bios _by Serj list.rar Altirra bios_by Mclaneinc .rar Altirra Bios_by Scotty.rar

• Like 2

My set was  originally Serj's set but I added loads of bios sets posted in threads so its as confusing as it is useful, thankfully there's 2 pictures showing what roms go with what device in there but its not complete in that version. Sadly all I've done since is add bios's posted in case they get used so its still a muddle.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Mclaneinc said:

My set was  originally Serj's set but I added loads of bios sets posted in threads so its as confusing as it is useful, thankfully there's 2 pictures showing what roms go with what device in there but its not complete in that version. Sadly all I've done since is add bios's posted in case they get used so its still a muddle.

Yes, I thought it was you and Serj that I got them from before.

Thanks for sharing them; everything looks clear enough.

7 hours ago, Madi said:

There are some bios sets provided by some members. The sets are essentially the same except for some differences. We could make one collection to be standard. Hence, update to that collection will be much easier.

Thanks Madi. Yeah, it would be nice to have a universal and complete set. I'll be going through these for use on my hardware site; I'll put together a set for Altirra, fill in any gaps that might exist, and post the results here. It might be a while 'til it happens, though; as sorting ROMs will most likely be one of the last things I'll do.

• Like 3

Not to be an ass, but some ROMs on these lists (and in these sets) are seriously outdated. For example, SDX 4.46, anno Domini 2014, or IDE+ ROM, anno Domini 2015, are palaeozoic fossils rather than things to use. By this example I guess that some other files may be similarly outdated too. There are websites which continuously provide updated versions, so maybe it would be a worthwhile idea to include a link to such a website where a recent version of the ROM contents might be downloaded from?

• Like 5

1 hour ago, drac030 said:

Not to be an ass, but some ROMs on these lists (and in these sets) are seriously outdated. For example, SDX 4.46, anno Domini 2014, or IDE+ ROM, anno Domini 2015, are palaeozoic fossils rather than things to use.

Haha...

By this example I guess that some other files may be similarly outdated too. There are websites which continuously provide updated versions, so maybe it would be a worthwhile idea to include a link to such a website where a recent version of the ROM contents might be downloaded from?

That sounds like a good idea.

Edited by MrFish

(...) anno Domini 2014, (...)

Priceless! ??

Now that you are around, just wanted to try addressing a nagging issue with SDX 4.49c (which I use happily and extensively)... and it relates to accounting for medium-density (1050) sectors... If an .ATR image is formated for 1050 (>90 KB), it is correctly sized and allocated under DOS 2.X, but when examined under SDX, it only reports 720 sectors as ceiling (90 KB)...

Only SD (90KB) and DD (180 KB) seem correctly handled and accounted for in SDX.... 

Don't know if you have seen this already, but there it is...

Yes, the medium density in DOS 2.5 format (and probably in MyDOS format too, I do not remember at the moment) is only supported read-only. I.e. having such a disk you can read out its files and copy them over to a disk in another format (preferably: SpartaDOS format), but you cannot create new disks like these in the formatter nor (for DOS 2.5) write files past the 90k, i.e. single density's capacity. Although it will probably work for MyDOS medium density, which I vaguely remember to be different than in DOS 2.5.

The DOS 2.5 medium format is really bizarre, by the way, and I would prefer to avoid adding support code to the ATARIDOS.SYS driver.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, drac030 said:

Yes, the medium density in DOS 2.5 format (and probably in MyDOS format too, I do not remember at the moment) is only supported read-only. I.e. having such a disk you can read out its files and copy them over to a disk in another format (preferably: SpartaDOS format), but you cannot create new disks like these in the formatter nor (for DOS 2.5) write files past the 90k, i.e. single density's capacity. Although it will probably work for MyDOS medium density, which I vaguely remember to be different than in DOS 2.5.

The DOS 2.5 medium format is really bizarre, by the way, and I would prefer to avoid adding support code to the ATARIDOS.SYS driver.

THANKS!

Any chance allowing GTSYNC (from IndusGT Dox XL disk) to run from SDX prompt (while booting SDX dos drive with /A option?) (I've managed to do it, randomly, by escaping the SIO polling sequence, right after it finds my Indus/GT drive).

I know your embedded code for Indus yields in overall higher speed (when including reads AND writes), but Indus' track-buffering and read-speeds are something to behold when firing them through GTSYNC (at least for show-off purposes, if anything). Its Write-times, on the other hand, are SHIT-slow, even on DOS-XL environment. Nothing we can do there.

Edited by Faicuai

My set, at the time was 100%, and still should be.  I do not believe anything has been added since I last uploaded it.   If memory serves, I have working images for things like Ultimate 1MB, SIDE2 cart, and 32-in-1 from AtariMax.   IF not, I will post an update.   I have been working a lot of 12 hour days, and my 72 year old disabled mom lost everything in a fire, so time has not been nice to me lately.

• Sad 2

On 3/5/2020 at 7:19 PM, Faicuai said:

Any chance allowing GTSYNC (from IndusGT Dox XL disk) to run from SDX prompt (while booting SDX dos drive with /A option?) (I've managed to do it, randomly, by escaping the SIO polling sequence, right after it finds my Indus/GT drive).

The extended driver INDUSX.SYS is being developed. It will enable track buffering and will have some additional features. We plan to include it in the SDX Tookit with the next release.

• Thanks 2

9 hours ago, scotty said:

My set, at the time was 100%, and still should be.  I do not believe anything has been added since I last uploaded it.   If memory serves, I have working images for things like Ultimate 1MB, SIDE2 cart, and 32-in-1 from AtariMax.   IF not, I will post an update.   I have been working a lot of 12 hour days, and my 72 year old disabled mom lost everything in a fire, so time has not been nice to me lately.

That's awful.  Sure hope things will improve for you.

• Like 4