IGNORED

Atari jaguar rolling screen of death

traindriver69

Is the colour of the LED Red perhaps? If so you have an NTSC Jaguar which will output at 60Hz.  Some older TVs either cannot support this frequency or require manual adjustment.  Even if your LED is Green and the TV is of a suitable age it may need some adjustment.

Look in the control panel area for a Vertical Hold (or V-Hold), used to be a small knob, might even be on the back as a pot you can access with a plastic screwdriver etc.  If you have one of these try turning it slowly left or right, one way will make the screen roll faster, the other should slow it and eventually stop it (unless you go too far then it will roll in the opposite direction :)

Red Screen is the cart is failing to pass the Encryption check.  This can be caused by bad contacts (most common), bad cart or damaged slot.  I assume it's the pack in Cybermorph cart?  Might be worth giving the cart edge a clean with Iso alcohol, could be years of storage has resulted in some tarnish on that or the cart slot connectors. 

Hope that is of some help, good luck

• Like 1

On 3/4/2020 at 12:12 AM, RREDDWARFF said:

Have you checked out this page to see if it helps at all? 

Hey thanks RREDDWARFF. I really appreciate you looking into this for me. Whether or not this gives me the info that I need, it sure was kind of you to take a few minutes of your time and help out a total stranger. Thanks buddy!

• Confused 1

It's funny if I insert my cyber morph cart in I get a black screen but works fine on my other two consoles. 

But if I insert my skunkboard I get what you see in the video take no notice of the cross rolling that's the camera but it rolls up and down I have tried cleaning both cart and slot no change. 

8 hours ago, traindriver69 said:

I have only got an rf cable for it and the other two I have work fine on that TV. 

Yeah, I read that..... but a composite cable may work and it sounds like you need one anyways (3 systems and only 1 RF hookup)....

If you are using a "new" RF cable, some of those are extremely cheap and I have seen those work/not work. I am talking about the Yobo RFs or similar.