IGNORED

$2,500 800 on eBay...

jamm

2 minutes ago, Faicuai said:

Well, to anyone who's really paying attention, that machine that you have posted there is not worth more than $75.00

The composition and texture of bottom-decal says it all (and color-finish is in clearly worse condition, in general).

Perhaps, but I bet with an extra $25 added to the budget for the right cleaning supplies ($300 total price). I could likely get that unit looking pretty much like brand new ;-) . Yes of course it isn't, and yes it's not in its original sealed factory packaging, but it would work and look just as nice. But who am I kidding, no one will ever play that other machine anyway, since it's nothing but a trophy to set on a shelf, or more then likely get lost in someones closet and get auctioned off at a future estate sale. Or scary as it may be, get thrown away by a spouse that doesn't know better ;) .

I guess I look at things differently, and never saw the value in buying something that will never get used. But to each his own.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mytek said:

But who am I kidding, no one will ever play that other machine anyway, since it's nothing but a trophy to set on a shelf, or more then likely get lost in someones closet and get auctioned off at a future estate sale.

Now I have an image of 400/800 lids mounted on a wall like so many taxidermied moose heads...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mytek said:

...that machine that you have posted there is not worth more than $75.00

BTW, if someone has an 800 as good or better then the one I posted for $75 delivered to California, I'm game ;-) .

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mytek said:

BTW, if someone has an 800 as good or better then the one I posted for $75 delivered to California, I'm game ;-) .

Timing is everything in life.

Wait for the right seller, and the right deal (if that is what you specifically need). 

The market is your servant.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Faicuai said:

Well, to anyone who's really paying attention, that machine that you have posted there is not worth more than $75.00

The composition and texture of bottom-decal says it all (and color-finish is in clearly worse condition, in general).

Sorry, but it is what it is.

Well, it has the brown levers for the expansion cover and cased expansion cards, so I would think it was a 16K 1982 or earlier model, but the bottom case sticker has a 123 date code.  Looking at the differences in color of the upper case and the expansion cover door, the expansion cards and the date code I guess it could be a put together?  I dunno, just guessing.  I think it's worth $100-$125.

A week or two of the case sitting out in hot summer sunshine and any case discoloration will be gone.

8 hours ago, flashjazzcat said:

Must belong to this loon:

Oh my F***ing GOD! And he says you're out of your mind?!? This guy would have a heart attack or brain aneurysm if he saw what I've done and am going to do to modify my 800! I'm surprised he was able to follow your video and install an Incognito! I do give him props for saying the 800 is the best computer ever made though. Great guest video!:cool:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Faicuai said:

Sorry, but it is what it is.

Where do you get your numbers from?? Working 800s in any kind of decent physical condition rarely sell for under $100, usually closer to $150+. An untested and/or parts machine would be a $50-75 item.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, adam242 said:

Where do you get your numbers from?? Working 800s in any kind of decent physical condition rarely sell for under $100, usually closer to $150+. An untested and/or parts machine would be a $50-75 item.

Where?

From my own purchases.

Nevertheless, how funny that now it seems we are at the other end of the scale: some folks are suddenly not liking some low prices...

?

Edited by Faicuai

11 hours ago, videofx said:

Looking at the photos it looks like the 800 case is discolored which could not happen if it was in the box never opened. I think my first atari 800 came in a box like this.

I had a C128 that was super white.  I put it in a box completely void of any light in a climate controlled room for about four years.  When I opened it up one day it was almost the color of my breadbin C64. 

I think there are many factors that yellow equipment.  Anyway, just saying.  ?

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Faicuai said:

Now, the BOX itself is interesting.... like a combo of some sorts... I LOVE the fact that the unit remains suspended on it... NOTHING touching the keyboard upside or down... reminds me exactly my 400 box... same foams, same suspension, also acting as carriers / support of accessories' box...

My boxed 400 is packed like that.. "suspension" foams, accessories in a separate box. But in a silver, full-color box.

• 2 weeks later...

As things are getting very tight here my beloved old 800 and a few others may be hitting ebay, now if I could get 1,700.00 that might help :)

Seriously, ebay is one of those places that as a seller you want as much as possible while the buyer wants the exact opposite so I can see the hitting common ground issue but pricing it straight away at delusions of grandeur amounts is just stupid, it in one sec takes 95% of possible customers right out the door and the dream you might find that one idiot rarely ever happens...Crazy..

Mind you when you have guys like this

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-51909045   Over 17,000 bottles, jeez...

And people like my corner store trying to charge 5.00 for a 99p bottle of hand sanitiser then its a weird old world..

Supply and demand, such a cruel thing...

Edited by Mclaneinc
  • Like 1

If you look at the item description, apparently its for the Nintendo Gameboy :-

Item specifics
Condition:    
Brand New: An item that has never been opened or removed from the manufacturer’s sealing (if applicable). Item ... Read more
Platform:    Nintendo Game Boy
Brand:    
Nintendo
Publisher:    Atari
UPC:    
About this product
Product Identifiers
UPC    0050047110255
eBay Product ID (ePID)    1758

Product Key Features
Platform    Nintendo Game Boy

Additional Product Features
Release Year    Undefined
Genre    Action/Adventure, Adventure, Action/Adventure
Control Elements    Gamepad/Joystick
Game    Miner 2049er
Location    USA

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, gnusto said:

Maybe at this point we should just sticky a post "Overpriced Atari 8bit stuff on Ebay".

Ha, I think it's the eab amiga forum that already has an insane ebay prices thread.

It is getting kind of nuts, I am not sure why I got a second 800 and now a 1200XL on the way... oh yeah, the second 800 was for the Incognito :P

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/3/2020 at 6:23 PM, Faicuai said:

I remember witnessing myself an auction-attempt on a 1450 XLD proto, and it was already around U..S. $5,000 (MOONs ago). Today, the 1450 will easily target U.S. $10,000, a 1400XL probably $7,000, and a 800-D (THAT is a really nice toy) would be between $7,000 and $10,000 (all of these REALLY well preserved, in close to pristine conditions).

I think I would gladly sell my 1400XL for $7k.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1