IGNORED

Anyone familiar with this old console

Anyone know anything about this console? I found it in the box with 4 games two days ago sunday afternoon for $9.99. The 4 games with it were pinball, baseball 4, pacman2, space invader 2. Three of the four have screen layovers but its missing the pacman layover. I didn't get the games in the box they were thrown in with the system. Anyone know anything other than the two minutes worth of info that's on Google. I posted Pics below

20200302_234219.jpg

20200302_234226.jpg

20200302_234442.jpg

Weirdly, just a few days ago I was watching a video on the Entex Select-A-Game (below).  Anyway, he's a (link) to all the info you really could want.

I really like Entex's VFD games--but the multi-game aspect of the select-a-game means that its graphics lack almost all the charm of the other entex models. I wouldn't turn it down for $10(or five times that), but entex certainly makes better versions of games it plays. (here's the other pac man 2 for an example)

Edited by Reaperman
  • Like 1

I actually knew/know what it was. I was just super excited about finding and buying my second selectagame in the wild and finding it within 15ish minutes from PAX East's front door made me literally gitty that I lucked out and found it before anyone else that came into boston for pax. Even tho pax isnt a retro con i was still giddy. And everyone i know that used to collect in my area 20-25 years ago when I was just getting into collecting have given it up, sold collections, found happiness in family or moved. So I figured I'd come talk about it here. 

• Confused 3

By the way, in order for others to better find topics, please either add relevant keywords to the title or the tags which the forum supports. As you already had an idea what it is, why not add "Entex Select-a-Game" instead of "mystery console"?

/me gets off the soapbox

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/4/2020 at 12:26 AM, carlsson said:

By the way, in order for others to better find topics, please either add relevant keywords to the title or the tags which the forum supports. As you already had an idea what it is, why not add "Entex Select-a-Game" instead of "mystery console"?

/me gets off the soapbox

If only the people I see in the various subreddits I’m on would follow this advice, LOL.