IGNORED

New Game Box Protectors: Aquarius, Micro vision, RCA Studio 2 and Odyssey 1

They have finally arrived and are ready to ship out. They are like the others I have been making for customers here with heavy duty plastic and locking tabs on both ends to keep the flaps securely in place. All are available on my website for purchase. I have pictures of the Aquarius and Microvision game box protectors posted. Will post Odyssey 1 and RCA Studio 2 protector pictures later. The RCA Studio 2 protectors will fit both the regular and slightly larger regular box as well. 

Website to order from

Aquarius Game Box Protector.png

Microvision Game Box Protector.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Starwander said:

They have finally arrived and are ready to ship out. They are like the others I have been making for customers here with heavy duty plastic and locking tabs on both ends to keep the flaps securely in place. All are available on my website for purchase. I have pictures of the Aquarius and Microvision game box protectors posted. Will post Odyssey 1 and RCA Studio 2 protector pictures later. The RCA Studio 2 protectors will fit both the regular and slightly larger regular box as well. 

Website to order from

Aquarius Game Box Protector.png

Microvision Game Box Protector.png

...all of them say Sold Out. That can't be right, can it?

10 hours ago, Starwander said:

They have finally arrived and are ready to ship out. They are like the others I have been making for customers here with heavy duty plastic and locking tabs on both ends to keep the flaps securely in place. All are available on my website for purchase.

Thank you!  I've just placed an order for my first batch.  Very happy to finally see box protectors for the Aquarius!

7 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

Given the thickness of the Aquarius box, does anyone know if it will fit the new Maria game with it's extra wide box?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Aquarius games quite smaller than Intellivision games usually are? Thickness is one thing but height and width better match as well for a box protector to work. Exact dimensions probably would be required to determine what fits what.

56 minutes ago, carlsson said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't Aquarius games quite smaller than Intellivision games usually are? Thickness is one thing but height and width better match as well for a box protector to work. Exact dimensions probably would be required to determine what fits what.

Yes they are smaller than Intellivision boxes

15 hours ago, Lathe26 said:

Given the thickness of the Aquarius box, does anyone know if it will fit the new Maria game with it's extra wide box?

The Aquarius box is a total different format. It's about half the size of an Intellivision box.

IMG_5290.thumb.jpeg.3092abd06f8c1c9e2cb28cd4cc8d97d2.jpeg

Edited by Intymike
  • Like 1

This is the closest thing I have found so far and I have one on order so I will post pics and let you all know how well it fits and works...

eBay Nintendo Game Boy Original Box Protector

I figured the perfect Maria box protector would measure 8 x 6 x 2 inches. The Game Boy one measures 9 1/8 x 6 7/8 x 2 3/16 so that's pretty close. Again, we'll see once it gets delivered to me.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, the1hatman said:

This is the closest thing I have found so far and I have one on order so I will post pics and let you all know how well it fits and works...

eBay Nintendo Game Boy Original Box Protector

I figured the perfect Maria box protector would measure 8 x 6 x 2 inches. The Game Boy one measures 9 1/8 x 6 7/8 x 2 3/16 so that's pretty close. Again, we'll see once it gets delivered to me.

IMG_5870.thumb.jpeg.77bedc7d429652c01f3ae17a2467d3cd.jpegIMG_5869.thumb.jpeg.404c77517f5abd867256257db89aa028.jpeg

If there is a box for Wii U Special Editions (European ones), this would fit almost perfectly.

IMG_5872.thumb.jpeg.b9c67fdcd8338c6ebe19ab96750fdbcf.jpeg

• Like 2

2 hours ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

@Starwander Are there plans for more Aquarius protectors? I mean hardware, larger boxes (Finform and logo sized).

I would love to make them however it depends on sales of these four box protectors. I do hope people buy some of the existing items however as sales have been very poor of the Aquarius game box protectors so far. 

As soon as i get some nice pics of the protectors i will be sharing these with various groups. I hope people will take advantage of the rare opportunity to buy these protectors! Many thanks for making them William!

2 hours ago, Starwander said:

I would love to make them however it depends on sales of these four box protectors. I do hope people buy some of the existing items however as sales have been very poor of the Aquarius game box protectors so far. 

I’m personally buying about 20 tomorrow. Just hadn’t had the time to do it yet. Maybe post in the main protector topic? I thought there were a lot more people saying they’d buy some.

10 hours ago, stupus said:

As soon as i get some nice pics of the protectors i will be sharing these with various groups. I hope people will take advantage of the rare opportunity to buy these protectors! Many thanks for making them William!

Appreciate it

7 hours ago, EdgeOfPortal said:

I’m personally buying about 20 tomorrow. Just hadn’t had the time to do it yet. Maybe post in the main protector topic? I thought there were a lot more people saying they’d buy some.

Much appreciated indeed, yes that is is a good idea and will post there. 

On 3/12/2020 at 9:32 PM, Starwander said:

I finally had the chance to try my Aquarius box protectors, and both the look and the fit are absolutely perfect.  I certainly plan on ordering more, and I'll post some pictures in the next day or two.

Perhaps listing them on eBay would help to make more collectors aware of them?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, jaybird3rd said:

I finally had the chance to try my Aquarius box protectors, and both the look and the fit are absolutely perfect.  I certainly plan on ordering more, and I'll post some pictures in the next day or two.

Perhaps listing them on eBay would help to make more collectors aware of them?

Agreed on listing on eBay. That’s how I found out about RetroProtection actually. And, sorry to Starwander but still haven’t gotten around to buying protectors. Haven’t been working due to Coronavirus, and any spare money has been going towards other stuff. I’ll buy 20 within the next few weeks though. 

Edited by EdgeOfPortal