IGNORED

Atari Lynx starts but can't get past title screen

Macross_VF1

Just got an Atari Lynx I in the mail today. And while it does power on and I get to the title screen, I can't get to the actual game. Now I only have one game, Roadblasters, but that's not the problem as it works flawlessly on my Lynx II. 

So what basically happens is that I power on, I wait a second or two, get the boot/title screen but when the music is supposed to start or when I press an action button, I either get a black screen or the screen just freezes and nothing happens. In both cases I also get a constant screeching noises from the speaker and the only way to stop this is to shut off the unit. 

Things important to know:
One capacitor, C36 has already been replaced as it was visibly leaking. I haven't done anything to the other caps. 
It's a rev 2 board.
While the console was powered on, I put my finger on the RAM chips to feel if they got hot but they are nice and cool.

When I looked at the RAM chips I realized they are the same as found in some other consoles, particularly the same as in my XEGS. Almost every chip is socketed in it so all I needed to do was desolder the chips in the Lynx and do a swap. The RAM worked flawlessly in the XEGS so that's apparently not the problem.