IGNORED

Platform 3

Asmusr

"Platform 3" is the working tile for my latest game project  (I already had a "Platform 1" and a "Platform 2" folder). I posted the graphics here a month ago, but since then I have worked on making it interactive. The plan is to make a game that has more puzzles than action.

I would like to implement a reasonably accurate physics engine where movement is controlled by forces (i.e. acceleration). For instance, gravity will always be present, but downwards movement is blocked by floors. It has taken a while to get it to work, but for now it seems pretty robust.

The viewport of the map is uploaded to the VDP every frame (no matter if it's scrolling or not), so changes to the map in CPU RAM are reflected immediately. That makes it possible to make the moving platforms from characters rather than sprites. I also plan to make some enemies from characters in order to stay under the 4 sprite per line limit.

The frame rate is currently 60 FPS, but this will soon drop to 30 FPS as more features are added. That's not a bad thing since the scrolling and the platforms are a bit too fast now.

Edited by Asmusr
  • Like 29

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 8/4/2020 at 00:20, Asmusr said:

È passato un po' di tempo, ma abbiamo fatto dei progressi. Le piattaforme verticali funzionano (ancora senza sprite) e anche il teletrasporto.

Truly impressive! I hope it comes out as soon as possible...