IGNORED

PRGE 2020 and the Coronavirus

I know it's probably too early to panic, but with the recent cancellations of SXSW and Seattle's Emerald City Comic Con, I sincerely hope PRGE isn't affected.  This year should be epic, especially with the Amico debuting in the Fall.  Speaking of which, I wonder if production will be impacted ? Thoughts?

It's just the latest incarnation of the flu (bird, swine, SARS, blah, blah...) so I am not the least bit concerned on a personal level. I do understand why some events would cancel over the issue. Safety first is always a good policy as it is always better to overreact to these kinds of things rather than have to play catch-up after. But I'm willing to bet that by August, this will be old news.

• Like 5

I hope there won't be restrictions for me born in a now infested country and working in another now infested one. I'll wear a mask and bring bottles of sanitizers, if you like.

We might take in consideration to make personalized masks for the Intv Brotherhood instead of badges

EDIT: I meant infected. Stupid exchange of consonants

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, intellivotion said:

I hope there won't be restrictions for me born in a now infested country and working in another now infested one. I'll wear a mask and bring bottles of sanitizers, if you like.

We might take in consideration to make personalized masks for the Intv Brotherhood instead of badges

I think you (patient zero) might be on the banned list ?

• Haha 2

On 3/7/2020 at 1:40 AM, the1hatman said:

It's just the latest incarnation of the flu (bird, swine, SARS, blah, blah...) so I am not the least bit concerned on a personal level. I do understand why some events would cancel over the issue. Safety first is always a good policy as it is always better to overreact to these kinds of things rather than have to play catch-up after. But I'm willing to bet that by August, this will be old news.

Yeah, you aren't old enough to die from this, unlike someone I know. :-)

• Like 1

people less than 50yo are in intensive care, with tubes to support their breathing, otherwise they would probably die. There's a guy in Italy I heard of - 38yo, soccer player and long distance runner, super healthy prior the COVID-19 - who's in intensive care between life and death since at least two weeks. That said it's obvious that the weakest ones are those who risk their life the most.

That virus is a damned killer and the underestimating is its strongest accomplice.

Just to be clear, there's nothing personal here. I was one of the first who made some healthy (?) dark humour about it.

My apologies for the O/T.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, intellivotion said:

people less than 50yo are in intensive care, with tubes to support their breathing, otherwise they would probably die. There's a guy in Italy I heard of - 38yo, soccer player and long distance runner, super healthy prior the COVID-19 - who's in intensive care between life and death since at least two weeks. That said it's obvious that the weakest ones are those who risk their life the most.

That virus is a damned killer and the underestimating is its strongest accomplice.

Just to be clear, there's nothing personal here. I was one of the first who made some healthy (?) dark humour about it.

My apologies for the O/T.

I have to admit I joked about it too.

Reason being,there is still a lot of unknowns with how far it will spread and how long it will take to get a vaccine out and get it under control.

I will not however live in fear or let it control my daily life.

So,my approach to things is try to keep them on the humorous side to add a positive twist to an obviously bad situation. 

All we can do is wait and see,and pray and hope for the best possible outcome for everyone.?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, wolfy62 said:

I have to admit I joked about it too.

Reason being,there is still a lot of unknowns with how far it will spread and how long it will take to get a vaccine out and get it under control.

I will not however live in fear or let it control my daily life.

So,my approach to things is try to keep them on the humorous side to add a positive twist to an obviously bad situation. 

All we can do is wait and see,and pray and hope for the best possible outcome for everyone.?

I totally agree, every single word

6 hours ago, Rev said:

How large was this show on average?  

Modestly sized, a smaller than SRGE and VRGE.  Note that this far more computer focused and barely mentions gaming consoles (if at all).  It's also heavier on the technology, demonstrations, and hands-on but not much about selling stuff.

1 hour ago, Lathe26 said:

Modestly sized, a smaller than SRGE and VRGE.  Note that this far more computer focused and barely mentions gaming consoles (if at all).  It's also heavier on the technology, demonstrations, and hands-on but not much about selling stuff.

Sounds more like the retro meetings over here in Germany.

IMG_5119.thumb.jpeg.1e3251384263f0c561b15b0d342118d5.jpeg

• Like 3