IGNORED

Major Blink - 5200 Version (32KB)

Nojeee

Following on from my recent release of Berks 4, I've now ported Major Blink to the 5200. The game has numerous improvements over the A8 version which was converted just over a year ago.

Major Blink was the 2nd game in the Berks Trilogy - even though it doesn't contain any Berks! It's a simple, old school game where you need to fill boxes to complete a screen.

I haven't tried this on real hardware but it works fine on Altirra so fingers crossed - please let me know if there are any problems.

I've also uploaded some simple notes and hints.

Jon

MajorBlink_5200.bin Major_Blink_5200_Notes.doc

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Wrathchild said:

Scrolling message at the bottom of the title page says "Berks Four" ?

Oops! I could say I left it there as an advert for Berks Four ... but the truth is I didn't spot it even after testing the game for ages ;-) (that's what comes of looking at the same screen for hours, and hours on end ... and copy/pasting chunks of code)

Here's a fixed version ... everything else remains the same. 

MajorBlink_5200_V2.bin

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Aking said:

please bring on Baby Berks 

Thanks for the message. I'm hoping to do an enhanced version of Baby Berks for the 5200 but it may take a while.

In the meantime, I've started to convert another of my old A8 games ... hopefully, that'll be ready in a week or two.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Nojeee said:

Thanks for the message. I'm hoping to do an enhanced version of Baby Berks for the 5200 but it may take a while.

In the meantime, I've started to convert another of my old A8 games ... hopefully, that'll be ready in a week or two.

amazing ... ?

11 hours ago, MIKE5200 said:

Thank You and yes it works on real hardware. Did anyone get pass the 2nd screen yet?

Thanks for letting me know. One thing I'm not able to test using Altirra is how the 5200 controller 'feels' when playing - for example, is the fire button easy to press while using the joystick to move the player up & down? I'm using an Xbox controller on the PC and the layout works well. 

I was hoping it would be fairly easy to get through a few screens without too much practice - certainly on the lowest skill level. Things become much more hectic when you get to the later skill levels ?

12 hours ago, Nojeee said:

Thanks for letting me know. One thing I'm not able to test using Altirra is how the 5200 controller 'feels' when playing - for example, is the fire button easy to press while using the joystick to move the player up & down? I'm using an Xbox controller on the PC and the layout works well. 

I was hoping it would be fairly easy to get through a few screens without too much practice - certainly on the lowest skill level. Things become much more hectic when you get to the later skill levels ?

Now that you said that..it doesn't always fire when i'm running. Guess i was playing at a hard level. I'll see what happens tomorrow