IGNORED

What Atari item do you wish you had?

kheller2

5 hours ago, Tickled_Pink said:

Really?

Not a huge Jag fan but I have one lying around here somewhere that's a bit of a fixer-upper. I should get around to testing it sometime. I'd let it go cheap to someone who can put some time into it.

What's cheap, and what needs doing?

12 minutes ago, mimo said:

What's cheap, and what needs doing?

Assuming it's working, about £30 + post for the unit and power supply. An extra £10 if I have a controller. I'd consider a swap for an a8 or 2600 item I don't have.

It needs new screws. There's some corrosion on the shield and ports. Probably needs a fair amount of cleaning. I have the power supply for it somewhere but I've been in the middle of an office tidy up so it's all in the attic at the moment. Not sure if I have a controller. I bought it about 20 years ago with the intention of fitting a BJL mod to it but never got around to it.

The Atari Video Music box is something I'd be interested in I suppose, though I'd rather have a version with Jeff Minter's VLM-1 (Jag CD), VLM-2 (Nuon) or VLM-3 (Xbox), so I just play my CD's through one of them. The Video Music box would match up nicely with my 80's component JVC stereo system as it's all silvery/brushed metal too!

Edited by Gunstar

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/7/2020 at 11:29 PM, jamm said:

Still looking for a good 1200XL. 

I love the 70's aesthetic of the 400/800 line, so I'm collecting some of their peripherals.  The 822 40-column thermal printer is such an odd little thing that I'd love to have one, but they're rare and going for hundreds of dollars on eBay.

Another 822 on EBay