IGNORED

Electronics hardware store close-out...any wants???

CincYnoTi

There is a monstrous warehouse doing a multiple month liquidation sale. There is an entire floor of hardware/electronics from industrial pumps down to computer components and nuts and bolts. There are a bunch of rows of bins full of chips, sockets, switches, diodes and doo-dads. If anyone has any ideas of what they might want in bulk or be of value, let me know and I'll see if they have any. Some of the staff was helpful, others were surly and ornery (like the guy that wouldn't help find an RCA adapter).

Here are a couple pics, bins of chips, some DB-9 parts, two-piece coax-to-RCA solution

IMG_1280.JPEG

IMG_1281.JPEG

IMG_1282.JPEG

Yeah, I couldn't talk the guy at the counter down from $1.25 apiece for those two connectors, even for everything in the case. My better half came back later and negotiated like 75% off or more on about a thousand fuses. I think I'll let her do all the talking next time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This stuff is like searching for a needle in a haystack...without knowing what a needle looks like. Can you post a picture of these things? I tried googling the PREH power switch and it wasn't helpful.  

And what's a reasonable unit price... $0.50, $1.00 ??

On 3/9/2020 at 12:28 AM, Mitch said:

Do they have any of the PREH TV3 ME5A SZ2 power switches that the old Atari and Commodore monitors use? I'll take a few if they have them at a reasonable price.

Thanks,

Mitch

On 3/10/2020 at 10:03 AM, cwilkson said:

If they have any cans of DeOxIt D5, I can take a few.  :)

Edited by CincYnoTi

Sorry guys, I spent a half hour looking at power switches and nothing matched. Funny, I asked the guy where are switches and some other things and he will only say "Aisle J somewhere", "Look down that way", "we don't have that". When I showed him a pic of the DeOxIt, he says "What about it?" Umm... do you have any?...No

At least I did pick up some sockets for one AA member.

• Haha 1