IGNORED

1979 800

Colleton

That is why we raised the agent Mulder site:

https://atariwiki.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Rarity 10

;-)

There are still big things to discover, if one can remover one of truth protective layers:

from 0:30 on...

For example:

•) From The Atari Accountant Series just:

•) Atari The Dow Jones Investment Evaluator
Atari Dow Jones Investment Evaluator CX8124
Atari Dow Jones Investment Evaluator CX8125
Atari Dow Jones Investment Evaluator CX8127

The software must be out there in the galaxy somewhere... ;-)

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Jeeshman said:

RAMCRAM! I had one of these in my 800. It was one of the cheaper ways to get to 48k back in 1981, when the 800's only came with 16k installed. 

Nice.  I'd never heard of the card before I bought this 800.  I think that this RAMCRAM card has some bad RAM on it.  The computer fails to boot about half the time with this card installed.  I get a black, cream colored, green, yellow (with beeping) or red screen when it fails to boot.  With this card removed the machine boots every time.  For now I have 3 16K ram cards installed in the computer and it's working perfectly.

I have the ram chips to diagnose and repair the RAMCRAM card, but from what I can see the only way to disassemble the card to get at the chips is to puncture the logo sticker in two places to get at the screws underneath.  I don't really want to do that.

2 hours ago, Colleton said:

I think that's about the best way forward, I just hate to do it.  Thanks!

Are you certain the screws are under the label. I have a similar board, the AXLON 128K RAMDISK, the screws on it are on the side opposite the label. I removed them and the back panel and have access to the component side of the circuit board.

On my board the label looks and feels like a thin piece of sheet metal rather than plastic or paper, and even has a small dent in it.

If the screws are under the label you could try softening the glue with a hair drier, this may allow you to remove the label without damage. I have used this method to soften the glue when removing labels to reuse a cardboard box, those labels were destroyed in the process but the AXLON label appears much sturdier.

Edited by BillC

9 hours ago, BillC said:

Are you certain the screws are under the label.

Yes.  There are screws on both sides of the board packaging that attach to metal tubes running through the center of the board.  One set of screws is under the label, the other is accessible.  You need to be able to work both sets of screws at once to loosen them.  I've tried using a small hemostat to hold the tubes while I turn the accessible screws, but there isn't enough room to get a good grip. 

5 hours ago, Colleton said:

Yes.  There are screws on both sides of the board packaging that attach to metal tubes running through the center of the board.  One set of screws is under the label, the other is accessible.  You need to be able to work both sets of screws at once to loosen them.  I've tried using a small hemostat to hold the tubes while I turn the accessible screws, but there isn't enough room to get a good grip. ,

I took a closer look at my board, it appears what I though was a dent in the label is directly over one of the screws, which indicates the label is more flexible than I thought.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/11/2020 at 11:32 AM, mytek said:

The Germans used it as a rocket fuel for the Messerschmitt Me 163 Komet Rocket Plane...

Nice demo (about 42 minutes in) of the use of H2O2 in rocketry:

This was done in the V2 and its descendants, the US Redstone (Mercury) and the Russian R-7 (Sputnik, Vostok, Soyuz).

If you watch the whole video you'll see actual V2 parts, recovered from impact sites and chicken farms.

• Like 2

Will do so Claus, promised, a must for me, of course, due to my education.

Wernher did used low pressure, today high pressure is used. If you can exchange O2 through fluoride, you are flying way faster. But the birds in Florida won't like it... ;-)

But: propulsion based on the kickback principle, brings us to moon, maybe with radiation damage to mars, but not very much further...

Therefore, we have a need for field propulsion powered by energy out of the quantum vacuum... But honestly, do you really think mankind is ready for this?

2011, half a century ago after Chernobyl, mankind has proven not to be able to cope with nuclear fission! Fusion even way beyond this! C-19 has clear shown again, we only can make it, when working together. The last one man work in science was the theory of relativity, 115 years ago...

Even in Atari: where would we be now, without your help for the community?

Happy Easter to all.

nasa-2405188.jpg

Edited by luckybuck