IGNORED

Atari Flashback X Custom Firmware for USB roms and boxart

The following content is in Portuguese, proceed only if you understand what is next..

Atualização final ou até surgirem lançamentos.

1290 jogos com arquivo all-games.ini em português.

Arquivos para facilitar a criação do seu all-games.ini personalisado.
all-games(Full_1290_jogos).ini - Todos os 1290 jogos disponíveis.
Official(462_jogos).ini - 462 jogos considerados de lançamento oficial para o Atari 2600.
Flashback(24_jogos).ini - 24 jogos entre homebrew, prototype e exclusivos lançados nas versões do Atari Flashback.
Prototype(92_jogos).ini - 92 jogos que não foram oficialmente lançados pelas empresas desenvolvedoras. Estes jogos podem ter sido terminados ou estarem em fase inicial de desenvolvimento.
Homebrew(139_jogos).ini - 139 jogos desenvolvidos por fãs do Atari 2600.
Hack(13_jogos).ini - 13 jogos hack.
Dispensable(60_jogos).ini - 60 jogos entre Homebrew e Hack que provavelmente não lhe farão falta.
Clones(76_jogos).ini - 76 jogos que foram lançados com nomes diferentes, provavelmente não lhe farão falta.
For_Stella_6(4_jogos) - 4 jogos que requerem Stella 6 ou superior, lembrando que a versão do Stella utilizada no Flashback é a 3.9.
Trash(390_jogos) - 390 jogos entre Homebrew e Hack que não lhe farão falta, muitos nem foram finalizados e outros tantos Hacks de Adventure, DK...
XXX(20_jogos).ini - 20 jogos adulto com conteúdo erótico.
Utility_Misc(10_jogos).ini - 10 diversos como programas utilitários. Não fazem sentido em emulador.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1CabNLr6jYoxz-c2n23H4EJoZhR9HyE2v?usp=sharing

Edited by mamebr

"final update or until releases appear"

what does that mean?

you failed to mention your update is password protected. I'm seriously over your goofy ass and hope people here figure it out sooner than later.

a google search will show how to recover a zip archive password. lmmfao.

Edited by Draxxon

On 4/24/2020 at 5:43 PM, mamebr said:

For me it works well, I already had this type of problem with some brands of pendrive, now using SanDisk everything is working properly. Another possibility is that the file has been corrupted in the copy.

I think my ROMs folder was missing a Frogger BMP file (the Frogger Arcade start up screen).

Having added the latest ROM pack, the file is there now and the game works fine.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all.  I'm new here.  I'm not sure if this is where I should ask this, or if I should make a unique topic.

I recently purchased a Flashback X second hand.  I'm into (read: obsessed with) mini consoles, and couldn't resist the look.  I tested the machine and it's working fine, but I'm having issues updating the firmware.

I've followed the guide, loaded the drivers, opened it up, held the recovery button and the android tool "sees" the machine ("found one loader device).  I select the firmware file, and click the upgrade button.  In the progress screen on the right, it says "test device start" and then shortly after, in red, "test device fail."  

I've tried 3 different USB data cables - the same cables I've used to "upgrade" my nes/snes/genesis minis.  I've tried both USB ports on my laptop.  I've tried it after disabling my firewall and anti-virus.

I reached out to AtGames, and while they've said they'll pass on my issue to their developer, they specifically mentioned how knowledgeable you guys were.  So I ask: does anyone know what I can do?

I've included a (crappy) picture of the message I'm getting.

Thanks in advance!

test failed.jpg

An update: AtGames has suggested that I use an older version of the android tool, and if that doesn't work, to "return it to the retailer."  

Unfortunately, I tried that, and got the same results.  And I can't return it since I bought it second hand.  

Still hoping one of you guys can help me.

Thanks again!

I could only get it to work on an older PC running an old version of windows. I didn't even get to the found one loader device. I would think that your USB cable is fine if it worked for your other minis. 

Step 4
Continue to hold the recovery button until the tool shows “Found One LOADER Device" in its status bar.
Click on the "Upgrade Firmware" tab and then click on the "Firmware" button.
Locate the firmware image on your PC, click on "Upgrade" button and wait until “Reset Device Success” shows in the status window.
Turn off the console and disconnect it from your PC.

If that is what you're doing and it still doesn't work, try an older version of windows, or possibly a different USB cord.

Edited by Draxxon
  • Thanks 1

Ok.  So apparently it was just my computer that was the problem.

Before digging out an ancient laptop we have, I decided to try flashing the device with my wife's current laptop.  It's tunning windows 10 like mine.  It flashed the firmware without any issues.

I had a problem flashing the cfw with it. I would only get a black screen when turning on the TV.  So I flashed the official firmware, then put the cfw on a usb drive via otg cable.  It updated to the cfw fine this way.

@Draxxon thanks for your help and the tremendous amount of work you put in with the themes and your a.t.a.r.i. pack.  @Brad_from_the_80s thank you for your work on the cfw.  This thing is pretty much perfect now!

• Thanks 1

glad you go it all working, broski.

thanks for the feedback as well. Windows 10 was blocking the drivers for me, and I couldn't get it resolved. But good to know that windows 10 will work.

I'm continuing to work on the pack, but with the current 1100 games is takes around 30 seconds for the console to boot. I've got something different in mind for the future update. some kind of all in one download, one with multiple themes, rom folder packs, and game folder packs. Also multiple game lists, regions, bezels, game manuals and tools, for multiple versions of the flashback console. right now its at 2GB. Basically everything collected so far.

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

I think it would be a cool idea to make a game ini only with the original released games.

I love the homebrew games, but the loading time is to long, and you can put the homebrews in the game folder so you can play them, but without the covers.

For me the 2600 is the perfect console to play with when you only have 15 minutes of time. You turn the damn thing on and can instantly play, it is to bad to lost 30 seconds on loading all the covers.

Or you can make an extra homebrew playlist, so you but these 2 playlist on 2 different usb sticks.

• Like 1

Or just swap out multiple all-game.ini files like we do with the regular list and the family friendly list. A licensed games only list is in the works. A smaller, lighter pack that takes less load time I think is a good idea. 30 seconds is about all I think any of us are willing to wait as far as the current pack.

You could have multiple storage devices or have it all on one device and use the PC to move the files around on the fly. these files aren't very large so it doesn't take much time to copy and paste ini files or entire rom folders.

there is a demo, hack & homebrew pack that I've already converted to use as a "game" folder if someone wanted to. I basically converted all the different rom packs that were out there, the good set, the no intro set, the atarimania set, the smokemonster set, the dataghost set, etc. to "game" folders.

Edited by Draxxon

I reworked the Gold Theme. I added as much of the Flashback Gold elements as I could. On-off switches, bezel selector, menu highlighters, etc. It's way better. I'll be using this now instead of the one I was using. So I'll drop the old one as well.

Iron Pyrite v2

bkg_about.png

emulator.rar

Sans Boom v4

bkg_about.png

emulator.rar

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 2