IGNORED

Atari Flashback X Custom Firmware for USB roms and boxart

I dont know.

My pack doesnt use external usb menu or the /game folder. but you can still use it

it functions the same as it always did. .a26 roms in /game folder, no artwork for those.

troubleshooting:

Is MrFisters CFW good? I use a different version.

Are you using a 2.0 flashdrive and not 3.0 and in isnt loading?

you had games running from game folder before, so I bet your drive and OTG cable are fine.

The pack works, I would suggest checking those things first.

• Like 1

v.0.1.9 (Deluxe FULL version) By AtGames and MrFister

https://atariage.com/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=815279

v.0.1.9 (Deluxe version update) Custom Firmware for running files from the usb drive built off of v.0.1.9 by MrFister and Brad from the 80s.

https://atariage.com/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=815243

overclock by Rocketfan and rrifonas (CPU 1.2Ghz, GPU 300Mhz)
https://atariage.com/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=820307

I flashed those 3, in that order.

1. to turn a standard into a deluxe

2. to run files from sd card

3. to overclock the system

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

that is the same file from a few pages back by rocketfan that we are all using, it works.
are you using a 2.0 or 3.0 flashdrive?

try redownloading or try this one:

overclock v1:
https://atariage.com/forums/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=819945

It takes awhile, let it finish updating.

Edited by Draxxon

Thanks I'm trying to flash that OC and I got this

image.thumb.png.c8f6d64712ac6cce71e21a743f3ea67a.png

And now whenever I turn off and turn on my FBX it says it Found One LOADER Device like I was pressing that button but I don't. Flashing again first two images brings it back to work. Only that overclock is causing problems.

Edited by Materion

why are you using android tools and not an otg cable and flashdrive to flash the updates?

and so your not using 2.0 OR 3.0 flashdrive to flash the updates?

You had a newer model, correct? you never needed to press the reset button or use android tools at all.

are you stuck in recovery mode?

Edited by Draxxon

atari_update.img 

if properly named, is always found by the console (not the CFW)

did you name it atari_update.img.img ???

I dont think anything is wrong with your otg cable if you played sideloaded /game games from it.

At this point man, your off in left field. You really need to just start on page one and read the thread.

I was trying to help you on your thread, then Fister jumped in, who knows what your doing. Its a clusterfuck now. no offense guys.

Bottom line tho, it shouldnt matter which way you flash the updates. You have something jacked up.
Stuck in recovery mode is my best guess. what happens if you power on to black screen and leave the black screen sit for 1 min? does the menu ever load at all?

-------------------------------------------------

Edit: okay, I see you flashed first two again. does the nexus pack now work as well?

if you try overclock again, try the v1 from a 3.0 flash drive, name it exactly atari_update.img 

maybe the way the overclock works makes it not flashable from PC, I have no clue. But you will want that update because it really improves performance.
i forget what rocket said exactly, but it writes to somewhere different, and is buried in there. If that is the case, I really do apologize.
I'm also surprised that MrFisters CFW didnt let files run from the flashdrive. maybe he didnt implement that but only the overclock, maybe he messed that one cfw up, maybe your drive and otg is bad? just guesses. remember, you need to use a 3.0 flashdrive because 2.0 takes forever and can fail to finish the update to the system, and jack shit up as a result.

Edited by Draxxon

on the lighter side of things....

Here is a free Atari Vault - Steam Online Activation Key:

I6FV3-ARX2L-TAWWB

or is it

16FV3-ARX2L-TAWWB

a.jpeg

i got the PC-DVD version for dirt cheap to see what UI stuff I could rip. Not much, a BG and a few sound FXs.

Atari_Vault_resources.rar

Edited by Draxxon
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Draxxon said:

I'm also surprised that MrFisters CFW didnt let files run from the flashdrive. maybe he didnt implement that but only the overclock, maybe he messed that one cfw up, maybe your drive and otg is bad? just guesses. remember, you need to use a 3.0 flashdrive because 2.0 takes forever and can fail to finish the update to the system, and jack shit up as a result.

Which file are you referring to exactly so I can take a look?

No I never intentionally made it that way.

2 hours ago, Materion said:

To flash update with OTG cable and Pendrive I have to name image atari_update.img right ? And place it on root of pendrive. But CFW don't found updates :(. Hmm maybe is something with my OTG. But I played homebrews from it hmmm .... 

Use this one from scratch. 0.1.9 CFW Full 1.2Ghz.img

Do these steps in order in androidtools.

1. Go to the Advanced Function tab and hit the ClearSN button.

2. In the Advanced Function tab, hit the EraseLBA button.

3. in the Advanced Function tab, hit the ResetDevice button.

4. Once again in the Advanced Function tab, hit the TestDevice button.

5. Now in the Upgrade Firmware tab, upload the firmware I listed here and hit the EraseFlash button.

6. In the Upgrade Firmware tab hit the Upgrade button.

This will erase your console completely and give you a fresh start.

And once rebooted you should have a deluxe version console with the 1.2Ghz overclock all in 1 firmware file with usb access.

Edited by MrFister
  • Thanks 1

I just found time to check that 0.1.9 CFW Full 1.2Ghz file now that I am home.

And it seems to be corrupted, only downloads 46Mb of 52Mb. Anybody else get the same or is it just my crappy satellite internet?

So here is a new one I just made just in case. 0.1.9 CFW Full 1.2Ghz.img

Tested by me!

@Materion  Use this one here and follow the steps I provided above.

• Thanks 1

@Materion  Did you get your unit going?  As Draxxon mentioned, that overclock file is only going to work by applying it as atari_update.img on the root of your thumb drive.  You should get the prompt to update, push left, then after a bit see like a flash of a penguin and an updating circle - then WAIT until it goes around and boots again before powering down and remove the atari_update image from the drive.

When I was experimenting with faster overclocks I got into a won't boot/blank screen state several times and had to use MrFister's full pack to re-flash.  All was OK after I did that.

2 hours ago, MrFister said:

was wondering if you could update that with a Deluxe 0.1.9 version so I could have normal sized covers?

I saw all the conversations about box art and such, but was really focused on other stuff.

Yes, I can modify another one.  I already have to have a unique one for AFB9, so I just did one a couple days ago and it should be very quick.  Can you attach the exact one you want modified?  That will just reduce the risk I screw it up and grab the wrong one.

Edited by rocketfan

8 minutes ago, rocketfan said:

I saw all the conversations about box art and such, but was really focused on other stuff.

Yes, I can modify another one.  I already have to have a unique one for AFB9, so I just did one a couple days ago and it should be very quick.  Can you attach the exact one you want modified?  That will just reduce the risk I screw it up and grab the wrong one.

Here is my AFBXD 0.1.9 retromenu fresh and untouched

retromenu

Thanks!

Edited by MrFister

1 hour ago, MrFister said:

Here is my AFBXD 0.1.9 retromenu fresh and untouched

No worries, I'm getting better at it (but I still screwed it up the first time).

Hopefully this will work for you. Rename it to retromenu.run in your /emulator folder.

For others:  If you are using Draxxon's Nexus setup, for now I do not recommend using this file.  Draxxon's box art is all sized to look good for the other/current retromenu.run in his pack.

I'm not sure how the AFB9  will look yet.  Possibly if it matches this one Draxxon will want to re-size back?  Don't know yet, Draxxon's call anyway.

retromenu.run.lbox

Edited by rocketfan
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, rocketfan said:

No worries, I'm getting better at it (but I still screwed it up the first time).

Hopefully this will work for you. Rename it to retromenu.run in your /emulator folder.

For others:  If you are using Draxxon's Nexus setup, for now I do not recommend using this file.  Draxxon's box art is all sized to look good for the other/current retromenu.run in his pack.

I'm not sure how the AFB9  will look yet.  Possibly if it matches this one Draxxon will want to re-size back?  Don't know yet, Draxxon's call anyway.

retromenu.run.lbox 197.61 kB · 2 downloads

This seems so far to be working good for me @rocketfan.  My game info boxart looks superb now!

I do appreciate it brother!

Edited by MrFister

what all is contained in the retromenu file? obviously box art sizes? what all is different between the two? anything other than box art display size?

For the record, I like the larger size. but the NEXUS size is interchangeable with LFB and I might have more stuff I'll do for that. And I still need to

test if NEXUS show correctly or not on the AFB9, I just havent been able to see yet. Plus the ultimate goal is to change all the Large boxes I can to 3d boxes.

I think its nice for people to have both sizes available. I think Fister is in a fine position to use the /old/new-again size and have stuff correct.

Edited by Draxxon

@Draxxon

The retromenu.run file is the same retromenu file from any update img file. 

It's the same as the one that is extracted to the usb from the console.  It is just modified to add the runcommand file as far as I can tell.

But the boxart sizes are hard coded in and cannot be changed,  I could be wrong though.

I think what is in the Nexus is a 0.1.21 retromenu.run file and that is for the Non deluxe version of the AFBX, and it uses the smaller boxart.

I like the larger boxart sizes also, They seem more clean.

This works perfect for the deluxe version on 0.1.9.