IGNORED

Intellivision HSC Season 12 - Game 4 - Demon Attack

8 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

You guys see that new Amico trailer? It’s pretty sweet. Wonder if we could play some of those games for the HSC?!

You could probably play any of them in an Amico HSC.  Their servers will have ongoing high score tables.  Maybe it will have features to setup private online tournaments.

• Like 1

Many scores, and another Demon update...

(HIGH SCORES)

Game 7 (Tracer Shots) (Auto fire enter allowed)

1. 24,484 BiffMan

2. 21,032 Player One

3. 15,958 JacobZu7zu7

4. 13,132 dpisacane

5. 10,308 IntyFanMatt

6. 9,808 JasonlikesINTV

7. 9,743 gezkc

8. 9,478 cmadruga

9. 8,777 Intelligentleman

10. 8,611 wolfy62

11. 7,422 gezkc

12. 6,536 S.BAZ

13. 6,294 Mister-VCS

14. 6,253 Ace24

15. 4,183 fakecortex

16. 1,804 jblenke

new game starts this Monday EST.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Intelligentleman said:

Has anyone ever tried simply camping out at the first boss guy and racking up points on those little bird things? Conceivably that could go on forever.

I don’t think that would go on forever. Inadvertently shots miss and wind up hitting the boss anyway.

• Like 1

It would be super-tedious, too. Not sure I'd want to even try. I think you only get one point per bad guy.

True, but I still don’t think it can physically happen in the game anyway. I tried to stay under the bird things and it just doesn’t work for long.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

Has anyone ever tried simply camping out at the first boss guy and racking up points on those little bird things? Conceivably that could go on forever.

At 1pt per?  No thanks.  I'll just take my extra chance from a clean run and move on.  ?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I thought I'd try this on my original Intellivision and glad I did, though the game crashed after I'd destroyed the 5th or 6th mother ship. ?

Sorry for the terrible photo - the top of my screen jumps around all the over the place! I need to see if I can tune it in better on my HD TV. 

DSC_0131.JPG

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, gezkc said:

I thought I'd try this on my original Intellivision and glad I did, though the game crashed after I'd destroyed the 5th or 6th mother ship. ?

Sorry for the terrible photo - the top of my screen jumps around all the over the place! I need to see if I can tune it in better on my HD TV. 

DSC_0131.JPG

Nice score! One suggestion for improving your picture on an HD TV would be to turn off the screen stretch. Another suggestion would be to go into your picture settings and start turning off any additional processing / enhancements.

I've seen some other people get stuck by this glitch... Does anyone know how or when it tends to happen?

Edited by Intelligentleman
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, Intelligentleman said:

Nice score! One suggestion for improving your picture on an HD TV would be to turn off the screen stretch. Another suggestion would be to go into your picture settings and start turning off any additional processing / enhancements.

I've seen some other people get stuck by this glitch... Does anyone know how or when it tends to happen?

Thanks!

I think I pressed the disc to try to move my ship as it was descending to Earth. I'm making sure not to touch the controller at all now! 

I've managed to fine tune my TV so the picture's a lot better now. A slightly better score, but I was doing a lot better in the game that crashed:

DSC_0136.JPG

Edited by gezkc
  • Like 5

Does anyone else avoid the right side of the screen, near the Earth, due to the visibility?

Yes I do. But if you play the game with the second controller or as “player 2”, your ship will be red and it’s easier to see. 

Edited by IntyFanMatt
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, IntyFanMatt said:

Yes I do. But if you play the game with the second controller or as “player 2”, your ship will be red and it’s easier to see. 

Yep, definitely better as player 2.  I don't have any particular issue losing enemies in the earth, but can see where that would be a distraction. It is quite awesome looking for the era. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Intelligentleman said:

I've had it twice in emulation, both times near the boss, once immediately after destruction, not sure when the other was.

I also think it has something to do with moving during transitions, so have avoided doing so. 

• Like 3