IGNORED

Jaguar HSC_SEASON 12_ROUND 11

post-38373-0-81529100-1551454527_thumb.jpg

Jaguar HSC__SEASON 12__Round 11

(Round Over Sunday 3/29/20) ROUND COMPLETE

Image result for attack of the mutant penguins

RULES AND DIRECTIONS:

Attack of the Mutant Penguins

-Start a game of Attack of the Mutant Penguins on Level 2, either character, set to "Pandemonium mode" and play until the end of the level.  Record your score here with text and a photo. 

If you are not familiar with the Jaguar HSC general rules and how the scoring system works, please visit this thread here: 

Attack of the Mutant Penguins SCORES:

1. doctor_shred            13,991  +10

2. Machine                   12,740  +8

3. Hyper_Eye                 1,503  +6

4. Darrin9999                   403  +4

5. masematte                    237  +2

The Current Jaguar HSC Rankings:

1. Machine                   120 Points

2. doctor_shred             90 Points

3. masematte                69 Points

4. Darrin9999                52 Points

5. Hyper_Eye                 37 Points

6. Rick Dangerous          24 Points

7. Iwantgames:)              10 Points

8. jblenkle                       5 Points

9. JagChris                      4 Points

10. roadrunner                 2 Points

Hi Rick,

IIRC this game gives you an individual score at the end of each level rather than a cumulative score as you progress through the game.

For the purpose of the HSC perhaps it would be worth either playing a specific level in "normal mode" or playing one of the four pandemonium levels?  The pandemonium levels are survival levels where the penguins keep coming and you rack up points the longer you stay alive / more penguins you kill. 

Just some suggestions.  What do others think?

?All of the levels are (alien disguised as) penguin (disguised as people) killing levels. That's what this game is all about. The "pandemonium" mode is essentially a level that doesn't end. It's a survival mode. It's a zombies mode before there were zombies modes!

• Like 1

You want to kill any disguised (wearing a hat or something) or mutant penguins. Regular penguins are your allies. The disguised ones are aliens disguised as penguins disguised as humans. The manual explains that the aliens thought that penguins were the intelligent being on the planet but they had to change their disguise when they discovered that it was humans.

3 minutes ago, Hyper_Eye said:

You want to kill any disguised (wearing a hat or something) or mutant penguins. Regular penguins are your allies. The disguised ones are aliens disguised as penguins disguised as humans. The manual explains that the aliens thought that penguins were the intelligent being on the planet but they had to change their disguise when they discovered that it was humans.

But in "Pandemonium mode", we kill them all?

2 minutes ago, Machine said:

But in "Pandemonium mode", we kill them all?

I will have to play again to remember the level but even in pandemonium mode the penguins that are not disguised are your allies. They attack the disguised penguins and they add weight to the left side of the scale. They are not unlimited in supply like the disguised ones are. I'm not sure that level 2 has any good penguins though. I seem to remember bad penguins coming from the top and the bottom and they were disguised differently? You have to keep both from getting to the doom machine. I picked level 2 because they don't all come at it from a single direction. Try level 3 and you will see that if we had chosen a level like that we would simply be playing until we tire of it. Also the framerate on level 3 is atrocious.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2020 at 1:10 PM, Hyper_Eye said:

I will have to play again to remember the level but even in pandemonium mode the penguins that are not disguised are your allies. They attack the disguised penguins and they add weight to the left side of the scale. They are not unlimited in supply like the disguised ones are. I'm not sure that level 2 has any good penguins though. I seem to remember bad penguins coming from the top and the bottom and they were disguised differently? You have to keep both from getting to the doom machine. I picked level 2 because they don't all come at it from a single direction. Try level 3 and you will see that if we had chosen a level like that we would simply be playing until we tire of it. Also the framerate on level 3 is atrocious.

Yeah, pretty sure you are right that there are NO good penguins. Wish I could see the score......but it looks like you only know what you scored once game is over.