IGNORED

Micro Innovation low cost harddrive kit

rietveld

22 minutes ago, NIAD said:

Congrats on getting it all setup and working. I never realized that the IDE cable needed to be routed through the front of the case until ColecoNut posted some pics... which would have bothered the hell out of me.

Yes. Looks a bit odd. 

I noticed that the PCB and case seemed to be the same as the one used for the disk drive.  The fan is very loud(and probably only intended for a floppy drive) 

I am using a single fireball IDE drive with TDOS on it.   

Edited by rietveld

1 hour ago, NIAD said:

Congrats on getting it all setup and working. I never realized that the IDE cable needed to be routed through the front of the case until ColecoNut posted some pics... which would have bothered the hell out of me.

I just routed the cable through the back.   I think this looks better.   

IMG_20200310_213811.thumb.jpg.82aad55d20193bf09259db7f65709d12.jpg

IMG_20200310_213800.thumb.jpg.fac93c8368a0763a26da9a57fcb9cf6c.jpg

IMG_20200310_213818.jpg

Edited by rietveld

I have everything working. There is a wire that connects to the 'Access 'light on the front panel but I can't find anything on the harddrive that it connects to. I assume this was for a floppy drive since the case and PCB seem to have room for those components 

10 hours ago, rietveld said:

I have everything working. There is a wire that connects to the 'Access 'light on the front panel but I can't find anything on the harddrive that it connects to. I assume this was for a floppy drive since the case and PCB seem to have room for those components 

Somewhere, somehow, there is usually a set of pins for a hd light.  The trick i to find it.  When used for an MI disk drive, is used as a power on light.

I was floored when I first saw the Micro Innovations’ disk drives with the power switch on the back of the drive. If this was a Coleco designed drive, people would have been bitching up a storm like they do about the system power switch being on the back of the printer.